Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 10:57 AM

159 posts, read 232,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
When can you actually move in?
So I was told by the person doing the showing that he will make up and send my lease next week. I have to come sign it & pick up my keys then I will have to meet with the Project Manager that day to discuss move in date because he doesnt want congestion with the construction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 11:16 AM

125 posts, read 131,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
So I was told by the person doing the showing that he will make up and send my lease next week. I have to come sign it & pick up my keys then I will have to meet with the Project Manager that day to discuss move in date because he doesnt want congestion with the construction
That sounds safe ! Congratulations! The ball is rolling quicker than we thought! Let the fun begin!
Did they mention anything about the gym? Or rooftop terrace? Is it able to be used? I’m sorry I’m tryna think of all possible questions. Taking notes so I can ask when it’s my turn to step up to the plate.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:15 PM

884 posts, read 1,371,666 times
Quote:
I don’t even know what to do while I wait. Bless you and your patience !
haha! just take deep breaths and try to focus your attention on other stuff. I know there's nothing I can do to speed up this process so I don't sweat it! I'll hear something eventually!

Old 08-06-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
That sounds safe ! Congratulations! The ball is rolling quicker than we thought! Let the fun begin!
Did they mention anything about the gym? Or rooftop terrace? Is it able to be used? I’m sorry I’m tryna think of all possible questions. Taking notes so I can ask when it’s my turn to step up to the plate.
So as of right now the only thing open is the laundry room. The gym had no equipment in it because it is closed until further notice all amenties are in the third floor. The courtyard was not open because they are holding some construction equipment there but I was able to take photos of part of it and the roof terrace was closed. the elevator is done but padded up cause I'm assuming moving equipment through the elevators

Old 08-06-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
So the refrigerator doesn't have an icemaker. & One thing I was kinda bummed about was that its a kitchenetter meaning the kitchen & living room is pretty much together but beggers can be choosy so I'm looking at islands to buy that matches the kitchen but it is alot of storage space in the kitchen
Thanks for the visuals the building looks great! I hope the west building is equally nice! I noticed the lack of microwave, but they're not that expensive, so I'll definitely plan to buy one because I sure use it enough! lol I'm not crazy about the kitchen set up either, I've always had the kitchen as a separate room from my living room but I can adjust. Good idea about buying an island. Where would you get one from? Would it replace your dining room table or be an addition?

Old 08-06-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Thanks for the visuals the building looks great! I hope the west building is equally nice! I noticed the lack of microwave, but they're not that expensive, so I'll definitely plan to buy one because I sure use it enough! lol I'm not crazy about the kitchen set up either, I've always had the kitchen as a separate room from my living room but I can adjust. Good idea about buying an island. Where would you get one from? Would it replace your dining room table or be an addition?
I am trying to add visuals in the chat so we all can have an idea what it could potentially look like. But I don’t know how to

Old 08-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Check out this for a vision of what we can possibly do to make it work. Obviously we can always consider measurements that best for the space but here’s a vision! I too would like a separate dining area.
Attached Thumbnails
The carolina nyc housing connect-12bdc3ec-6e16-4e4a-be5b-5e1a4ad5f914.jpeg  

Old 08-06-2020, 01:47 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
I viewed a 2 bedroom which is my bed room. I can tell ya'll now though invest in lighting because the unit does not come with lighting. Besides the kitchenette and the bathroom & hallway. None of the rooms have lighting

nice....

congrats

thanx for taking pics

Old 08-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Thanks yeah same as me it's a huge adjustment I was planning on Lowes or Ikea. I want to get an island that has seating around it so it can replace the dining area because it's not a huge space between the kitchen and living room and idk if thats because my unit is in the corner which works for me because I don't have a neighbor on either side only above & beneath lol and its the reason the living room has 3 windows which all includes blinds and the central sir system which we control

Old 08-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Check out this for a vision of what we can possibly do to make it work. Obviously we can always consider measurements that best for the space but here’s a vision! I too would like a separate dining area.
Thanks for the visual! That's definitely a good look, I never thought about using one, i guess i have to see the space first because I already have a dining table with 4 chairs so I'd need to measure to see if there's space for both. My issue is the lack of countertop space especially since we need to buy a microwave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery