Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2020, 02:57 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
I JUST GOT AN UPDATE ! I am approved and I am so happy!!
They do want updated documents but she said people are already starting to move in.
Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Did she tell you anything about setting up a viewing? I'm so happy for you! I know this must put your mind at ease!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 03:38 PM

125 posts, read 132,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Did she tell you anything about setting up a viewing? I'm so happy for you! I know this must put your mind at ease!
I am super excited and nervous. I cried when she called me to tell me ! I thanked her so much for being patient with me! She explained that she won’t be contacting me for further steps. A man will contact me for the next steps in the process. But she did say people are already moving in.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:58 PM

87 posts, read 80,633 times
How do you check if your file was sent to hpd i have a feeling they
Told me it was sent but could just be sitting in their desk:/

Old 08-03-2020, 04:04 PM

79 posts, read 84,636 times
Quote:
I am super excited and nervous. I cried when she called me to tell me ! I thanked her so much for being patient with me! She explained that she won’t be contacting me for further steps. A man will contact me for the next steps in the process. But she did say people are already moving in.
Congrats ! But I do question her info about people moving in. There’s still barriers around the building so idk how true that can be.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:06 PM

159 posts, read 233,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Congrats ! But I do question her info about people moving in. There’s still barriers around the building so idk how true that can be.
No she is correct. My agent contacted my friend & I today & told us we will be contacted this week for the viewing & to sign our lease & pick up the keys.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:08 PM

79 posts, read 84,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
No she is correct. My agent contacted my friend & I today & told us we will be contacted this week for the viewing & to sign our lease & pick up the keys.
Oh wow. Just when we thought the construction workers were sitting on their asses lol

Old 08-03-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsxo View Post
How do you check if your file was sent to hpd i have a feeling they
Told me it was sent but could just be sitting in their desk:/
Honestly I thought the same but it took two and half months for them to even call me. If you read previous post I was so stressed with not knowing. I do feel relieved to know the answer.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Oh wow. Just when we thought the construction workers were sitting on their asses lol
Lol I thought the same as you all. I was actually pretty excited when she said people are moving in. I just want to know how soon so I can notify my management of us moving out. I wanted to see if I can leave our apartment to my mom and move the lease to her name because my mom currently stays with us. But I don’t even know if it’s possible.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:54 PM

159 posts, read 233,320 times
Quote:
Lol I thought the same as you all. I was actually pretty excited when she said people are moving in. I just want to know how soon so I can notify my management of us moving out. I wanted to see if I can leave our apartment to my mom and move the lease to her name because my mom currently stays with us. But I don’t even know if it’s possible.
Congrats I am happy for you! I know that wait was definitely nerve racking & stressful as hell

Old 08-04-2020, 08:18 AM

5 posts, read 4,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaRose1 View Post
I applied at midnight the time it opened and my log number is 74,xxx and my Aunt applied almost a month later and her log number is 4xx. I believe the log numbers are fixed. This is really upsetting.
They are computer randomized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery