Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 02:47 PM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
I called yesterday and they told me my file is pending and it was sent to a third party. I was a little frustrated and she called me back and said - “give it time they are going according to log numbers- and if I haven’t heard anything that it’s a good sign.” But the suspense is really bothering me because I like to try and plan ahead.
Right it can be stressful to keep waiting but try to be reassured that everything is okay and it's just taking longer than we'd like it to! I also like to plan ahead but I feel like I really can't plan without seeing the space first. I will buy little things here and there but I have to hold out for the major purchases until a viewing. Try to enjoy the weekend, next week is another week! Maybe there will be an update for us then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farahw View Post
Thank you , my log number is 4XXX and I’m in 90% ami 1 bedroom ,no pref
My marketing agent she told me when the lease signing and viewing will be she will contact me
I will keep you updated
oh okay, sounds good, thanks for keeping us updated!

Old 07-24-2020, 06:08 PM

79 posts, read 84,761 times
Minor update: My agent has stated that once the building (1465 Park Avenue) is ready for move in, she will be conducting a virtual tour because of the pandemic. 1st month and security is required and units are assigned so if you have a unit number on your tenant income certification form then that’s the unit you were assigned and there are no choice of layouts.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Minor update: My agent has stated that once the building (1465 Park Avenue) is ready for move in, she will be conducting a virtual tour because of the pandemic. 1st month and security is required and units are assigned so if you have a unit number on your tenant income certification form then that’s the unit you were assigned and there are no choice of layouts.
That's good news, Elbarrio1! I figured 1st month's rent and 1 month security deposit would be due upon lease signing. I did not have a unit on my TIC form so I wonder what that means for me, hopefully it doesn't mean that I get whatever's left! lol but I will take a look at it either way!

Old 07-24-2020, 06:29 PM

Come to think of it... i don't think i filled out a TIC form
Is this the form you guys filled out with the unit on it?
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...s/TIC-form.pdf

Old 07-24-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Come to think of it... i don't think i filled out a TIC form
Is this the form you guys filled out with the unit on it?
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...s/TIC-form.pdf
Yes but some other forms may have the unit number on it as well. You would have to check the Docusign documents you’ve completed.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Yes but some other forms may have the unit number on it as well. You would have to check the Docusign documents you’ve completed.
So I saved the PDF of the documents they sent me to sign via Docusign because I knew they'd get deleted at some point. I just went through the PDF and none of the forms list a unit number. Regarding the TIC, they included the 2nd page of the TIC form, listed in that link I posted, in the forms that they sent me via docusign so I did sign that, but the first page which would have had the unit listed on it was not included in the document packet. Interesting! Well at any rate, the waiting continues! We know that they are working and need that CofO to start the viewings so hopefully they get that soon! The hurry for me is, we live in a different school district than the one assigned to 1465 Park Avenue, so i'll probably be enrolling my son in a new school and would have liked to have done that before the school year starts. We'll just have to deal with it when the time comes!

Old 07-24-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
So I saved the PDF of the documents they sent me to sign via Docusign because I knew they'd get deleted at some point. I just went through the PDF and none of the forms list a unit number. Regarding the TIC, they included the 2nd page of the TIC form, listed in that link I posted, in the forms that they sent me via docusign so I did sign that, but the first page which would have had the unit listed on it was not included in the document packet. Interesting! Well at any rate, the waiting continues! We know that they are working and need that CofO to start the viewings so hopefully they get that soon! The hurry for me is, we live in a different school district than the one assigned to 1465 Park Avenue, so i'll probably be enrolling my son in a new school and would have liked to have done that before the school year starts. We'll just have to deal with it when the time comes!
Hmm that’s unusual that none of the documents have a unit number on it. You said you were approved by the city so maybe you’ll either have options to choose or they’re trying to decide which unit to give you. Overall, everything will work out for the best

Old 07-24-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Hmm that’s unusual that none of the documents have a unit number on it. You said you were approved by the city so maybe you’ll either have options to choose or they’re trying to decide which unit to give you. Overall, everything will work out for the best
Yes, my housing agent said that my file was approved by HDC via email.
When I called a few weeks later to follow up and spoke to her, she said I was good to go but that they were still waiting on the CofO for 1465 Park Avenue and once they got that, they'd contact me for the next steps.
It would be nice to have options, I think I qualify for a couple of apartment types so that could be it. I may have a choice from the different apartment sizes if they have one of each available in my AMI. Yes, I'm optimistic everything will work out for all of us! Just running out of patience lol

Old 07-24-2020, 08:24 PM

87 posts, read 80,760 times
Quote:

Did you have to notarize the tic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery