Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 08:16 PM

67 posts, read 68,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
That's a bummer! I wonder when the laundry will be opened. Is there a way to go through the building over to the East building to use their laundry room?
I believe through the courtyard. But not sure if our key fobs will work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 02:46 PM

113 posts, read 110,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bxx View Post
I believe through the courtyard. But not sure if our key fobs will work
Hey! Who did you make out the bank checks to? Lex Gardens LLC?

Old 09-22-2020, 06:01 PM

67 posts, read 68,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl10029 View Post
Hey! Who did you make out the bank checks to? Lex Gardens LLC?
Yes Lexington gardens owners LLC
And Manhattan north management co. Inc for the background fee

Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM

12 posts, read 12,566 times
Nick I am so happy for you!! Congrats!!

Old 09-23-2020, 09:55 AM

885 posts, read 1,378,244 times
So I just got back from my viewing. The building is very aesthetically pleasing, I love the light in the lobby and the open staircases! My apartment is a little smaller than I'd like but it's still cozy and cute and just means i now have to throw out the stuff I've accumulated in my current apartment and no longer use! lol So i think I'm going to take it! the kitchen is open but in the shape of an "L" so i think putting my dining table and chairs in that space is suffice to section that area off from the living room area. Stainless steel fridge, stove/oven, and dishwasher, but no microwave so plan to invest in one. Bathroom is spacious, I already have a space saver to go over the toilet, but no window in the bathroom (i'll miss that!) and the only thing I dislike is the view out of the windows. it's a bit of an eyesore, the windows face the rail tracks but there are blinds up already and I've never really had a great view out of my apartment windows so it's not a deal breaker! There were guys painting the 15th floor where the roof deck is, so work is not completely finished on the west building but it will be soon. I'll try and post the pics i took from my phone in a separate post.

The guy that showed me the apartment is the leasing agent. He said his assistant would draft up the lease and send it to me via docusign by the end of the day (we shall see!). He also asked me if I wanted a 1 year or 2 year lease. That was surprising because a lot of times management will give you a 1 year lease initially then you get to choose when you renew the lease. Gym has been painted but equipment hasn't been moved in as yet, same for the laundry room. Both the laundry and gym are on the 3rd floor so you can get a workout in while you wash a load lol the surrounding area was quiet even though the projects are across the street, but then again it's the daytime, I'll have to pass by in the evening to see if there's much noise but the windows do cancel a lot of noise. He opened it to show me how far they open outward and I instantly heard the cars driving by, but once he closed it back, i didn't. So for the most part I was pleased! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back and those waiting to move in, we'll neighbors!

Old 09-23-2020, 11:45 AM

113 posts, read 110,750 times
Quote:
So I just got back from my viewing. The building is very aesthetically pleasing, I love the light in the lobby and the open staircases! My apartment is a little smaller than I'd like but it's still cozy and cute and just means i now have to throw out the stuff I've accumulated in my current apartment and no longer use! lol So i think I'm going to take it! the kitchen is open but in the shape of an "L" so i think putting my dining table and chairs in that space is suffice to section that area off from the living room area. Stainless steel fridge, stove/oven, and dishwasher, but no microwave so plan to invest in one. Bathroom is spacious, I already have a space saver to go over the toilet, but no window in the bathroom (i'll miss that!) and the only thing I dislike is the view out of the windows. it's a bit of an eyesore, the windows face the rail tracks but there are blinds up already and I've never really had a great view out of my apartment windows so it's not a deal breaker! There were guys painting the 15th floor where the roof deck is, so work is not completely finished on the west building but it will be soon. I'll try and post the pics i took from my phone in a separate post.

The guy that showed me the apartment is the leasing agent. He said his assistant would draft up the lease and send it to me via docusign by the end of the day (we shall see!). He also asked me if I wanted a 1 year or 2 year lease. That was surprising because a lot of times management will give you a 1 year lease initially then you get to choose when you renew the lease. Gym has been painted but equipment hasn't been moved in as yet, same for the laundry room. Both the laundry and gym are on the 3rd floor so you can get a workout in while you wash a load lol the surrounding area was quiet even though the projects are across the street, but then again it's the daytime, I'll have to pass by in the evening to see if there's much noise but the windows do cancel a lot of noise. He opened it to show me how far they open outward and I instantly heard the cars driving by, but once he closed it back, i didn't. So for the most part I was pleased! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back and those waiting to move in, we'll neighbors!
I’m so happy you love it! I signed my lease yesterday!!!!

Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM

79 posts, read 84,636 times
Quote:

Congrats! Happy for you. So the laundry room still isn’t ready? Show us some pics of the apartment.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:56 AM

So this board kept telling me that my pictures were too large, annoying! lol here's a link to the photos I took. I forgot to take a pic of the bedroom because i was busy walking from wall to wall counting how many feet there were lol

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190310.../shares/m6Ta92

Old 09-23-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl10029 View Post
I’m so happy you love it! I signed my lease yesterday!!!!
Thanks Girl10029! Congratulations on signing your lease! Marjorie actually just emailed mine to me so I'm reading it over now. Did you opt for a 1 year or 2 year lease?

Old 09-23-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Congrats! Happy for you. So the laundry room still isn’t ready? Show us some pics of the apartment.
Thanks ElBarrio1! This has been a ride for most of us on here! Took a lot of patience and waiting but the outcome was successful for us all! Yeah i walked to Madison avenue to catch the bus uptown after I left and I saw an outside laundromat on Madison so if the west building key fob doesn't let us in the east building laundry room, that's an option until the laundry room is ready but I can't imagine that it will be much longer before the machines arrive, there are already a few folks living in the building. I'll be sure to ask them about this. I'll make sure to wash everything in my current building laundry room before i leave just to be on the safe side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery