Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 02:39 PM

79 posts, read 84,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City21 View Post
Girls
They declined my application because I don’t give the separate papers but by law I don’t Did that yet. I don’t have money before.
Any solution this is not far
Can you rewrite this post I cannot understand it at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 12,582 times
Girls,

C&c rejected my application. They told me because I did not provide proof of separation. I told the manager I don’t file the papers yet. I proved we live different places. He lives in NJ on his house and I live in the city.
I sent everything she asked me.

My question is: why HDC not sent the papers? I think this is my manager decision not the city...
HDC told I can send Complain email to HDC.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:50 PM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times
Quote:
Girls,

C&c rejected my application. They told me because I did not provide proof of separation. I told the manager I don’t file the papers yet. I proved we live different places. He lives in NJ on his house and I live in the city.

My question is: why HDC not sent the papers? I think this is my manager decision not the city...
Sorry to hear that! You are correct, C&C made that call, they won't send any file to HDC if they first determine you are ineligible. You can definitely file an appeal or complaimt with HDC and see what they tell you, I hope everything works out for you!

Old 06-05-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Girls,

Just as NiniCakes stated, you have to be deemed eligible by C&C’s leasing agents for them to then send your file to HPD. Did C&C inform you that you can appeal? If so, I would advise you to do so ASAP as they would give your spot to someone else without thinking twice. Hope things work out for you. Also if you don’t mind me asking, what is you log # range? And do you have preferences?

Last edited by ElBarrio1; 06-05-2020 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: M

Old 06-05-2020, 05:40 PM

133 posts, read 142,224 times
Quote:
Girls,

I was on a somehow similar situation for another listing, I have been separated from my soon-to-be ex-wife for almost three years, and even tho I provided evidence of separation, they were very wary of approving my application, so I simply filed for divorce and showed them proof of divorce filling and my appeal was approved almost instantly, so if I were you, I would file for divorce ASAP.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:27 PM

125 posts, read 132,199 times
Quote:
Girls,

They are so strict with the details. I would write an email and try to appeal it.
Good luck hun! Don’t give up

Old 06-05-2020, 06:30 PM

125 posts, read 132,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
Does anyone know how often you have to submit paystubs to management once approved up until lease signing? HPD Marketing Handbook doesn’t say.
I believe this is a year thing or when your lease expires you provide it for the recertification process.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 972 times
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum but all your post have been so helpful! I’d like some insight. When I first applied I fell into one bracket and qualified for 1 bedroom apartment. However, I recently received a bonus from work due to working during the pandemic and because of this bonus when I submitted updated paystubs I am now being told that I have been moved to another bracket and now qualify for a studio. ( my job included our bonus with our checks) I am a little upset because I was really planning around getting a 1 bedroom and I don’t understand how they’re adding a bonus as part of my income when the only reason I received it in the first place is because of the pandemic and I probably won’t ever receive another bonus again, it isn’t something I count on. Am I missing something? Do you guys think this is something I can try to fight? I also would be paying more for the studio than I would the 1 bedroom.

Last edited by Nelisp; 06-06-2020 at 12:51 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelisp View Post
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum but all your post have been so helpful! I’d like some insight. When I first applied I fell into one bracket and qualified for 1 bedroom apartment. However, I recently received a bonus from work due to working during the pandemic and because of this bonus when I submitted updated paystubs I am now being told that I have been moved to another bracket and now qualify for a studio. ( my job included our bonus with our checks) I am a little upset because I was really planning around getting a 1 bedroom and I don’t understand how they’re adding a bonus as part of my income when the only reason I received it in the first place is because of the pandemic and I probably won’t ever receive another bonus again, it isn’t something I count on. Am I missing something? Do you guys think this is something I can try to fight?
Are you talking about The Carolina? What’s your log # range? Do you have preferences?

Old 06-06-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelisp View Post
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum but all your post have been so helpful! I’d like some insight. When I first applied I fell into one bracket and qualified for 1 bedroom apartment. However, I recently received a bonus from work due to working during the pandemic and because of this bonus when I submitted updated paystubs I am now being told that I have been moved to another bracket and now qualify for a studio. ( my job included our bonus with our checks) I am a little upset because I was really planning around getting a 1 bedroom and I don’t understand how they’re adding a bonus as part of my income when the only reason I received it in the first place is because of the pandemic and I probably won’t ever receive another bonus again, it isn’t something I count on. Am I missing something? Do you guys think this is something I can try to fight? I also would be paying more for the studio than I would the 1 bedroom.
HPD Marketing Handbook States that after being approved and or before Lease signing you have to submit updated paystubs. If your income falls below or above your bracket, you can either be downgraded, rejected, or put on a waiting list for an apartment that actually fits your new income. There’s really no way of fighting it, just be lucky you still fit in another bracket and it still apartments available. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery