Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 06:08 AM

9 posts, read 8,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
That's awesome! Congratulations to you as well! My last email requesting updated documents was on April 27th but no interview or TIC form as yet, the waiting continues! Which ami and unit size did you snag, if you dont mind me asking!
We must have different case workers. I hope you get 2-br apt you want. Did your case worker tell you what apt you got since you are already approval from HPD.
Although my case worker asked me to sign TIC in mid-April with a unit # which is a 3-br in 60% AMI. But my file was not sent for approval yet when I was asked for updated documents last week. Finger crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 09:55 AM

885 posts, read 1,379,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boheme2020 View Post
We must have different case workers. I hope you get 2-br apt you want. Did your case worker tell you what apt you got since you are already approval from HPD.
Although my case worker asked me to sign TIC in mid-April with a unit # which is a 3-br in 60% AMI. But my file was not sent for approval yet when I was asked for updated documents last week. Finger crossed!
Yes, we probably do! No, she didnt tell me if it was for the 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm, i think that's because my log number is high (7,XXX range) and they're processing folks with lower log numbers first. So by the time they get to my log number, they can offer and assign a unit based on whats available rather than assign me a unit now. But if she gets back to me in a couple weeks, that means they're definitely moving the process along fast. I'm in the 90% ami so fingers crossed for good news soon!

Old 05-30-2020, 12:45 PM

9 posts, read 8,695 times
They have most units in 90% ami and 50% ami. You are most likely to get 2-br apt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Yes, we probably do! No, she didnt tell me if it was for the 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm, i think that's because my log number is high (7,XXX range) and they're processing folks with lower log numbers first. So by the time they get to my log number, they can offer and assign a unit based on whats available rather than assign me a unit now. But if she gets back to me in a couple weeks, that means they're definitely moving the process along fast. I'm in the 90% ami so fingers crossed for good news soon!

Old 05-31-2020, 12:05 AM

12 posts, read 12,571 times
Girls, what is TIC Form? It’s my first time....can could explain to me? I signed 2 forms after delivered my papers. The last one the last question said : are you able to move in 30? But don’t that’s not a lease - it’s looks like a lease but dont.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 AM

79 posts, read 84,702 times
TIC is “Tenant Income Certification”. I was notified on 05/26/20 to submit documents by 06/02/20 and I’ve submitted my documents on 05/29/20. The waiting game starts ! Does anyone know if they calculate income from gross or net income from paystubs?

Old 05-31-2020, 08:20 AM

77 posts, read 109,912 times
Calculation is Gross income

Old 05-31-2020, 08:51 AM

If you get approved in one bracket then when it’s time to recertify you’re making a little more money so you end up in another bracket, will your rent be adjusted to the new bracket or will it increase according to the RBC guidance of 1.5% for 1 year leases and 2.5% for 2 year leases?

Old 05-31-2020, 09:05 AM

77 posts, read 109,912 times
Once you are in the apartment you rent increase is in compliance with the NYS rent board increase regardless of your income.

I have substantially increased my income since moving in. I recertify every year.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:14 AM

885 posts, read 1,379,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City21 View Post
Girls, what is TIC Form? It’s my first time....can could explain to me? I signed 2 forms after delivered my papers. The last one the last question said : are you able to move in 30? But don’t that’s not a lease - it’s looks like a lease but dont.
Hey City21! As ElBarrio said, TIC stands for Tenant Income Certification form. This form will have the unit that they plan to assign to you along with your rent. You get this form when you are closer to the lease signing process after your file has been approved by HDC. The form that you filled out that asked if you are able to move within 30 days is the household questionnaire. The 2nd form you filled out was probably an R5 or rent payment history vs. credit pull authorization form. Neither of these forms are the lease. These forms are required to complete your file so that they can send it off to HDC for approval. Hope this helps!

Old 05-31-2020, 11:27 AM

I’m being told that the Affordable Housing system isn’t really a lottery it’s in log # order. Can anyone confirm that? Are people with preferences contacted before low log #’s? Will a interview be giving to someone with a high log # that qualify just to be on the waitlist? My log # is in the low 10k with cb preference and city employee preference. Do you guys think I’ll be waitlisted even though I was giving a interview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery