Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 10:43 AM

159 posts, read 232,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
HPD Marketing Handbook States that after being approved and or before Lease signing you have to submit updated paystubs. If your income falls below or above your bracket, you can either be downgraded, rejected, or put on a waiting list for an apartment that actually fits your new income. There’s really no way of fighting it, just be lucky you still fit in another bracket and it still apartments available. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
Hi! There probably is a slight delay but they are still working on files. Did your file get processed yet? I
I was notified by my Marketing Agent today that my application was approved by HPD. She told me Although people were Approved by HPD. Apartments are not guaranteed until a lease is signed. She also notified me that the building is not ready for tenants and that she was informed that it would be ready by the end of the month but it is tentative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 10:56 AM

125 posts, read 131,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
I was notified by my Marketing Agent today that my application was approved by HPD. She told me Although people were Approved by HPD. Apartments are not guaranteed until a lease is signed. She also notified me that the building is not ready for tenants and that she was informed that it would be ready by the end of the month but it is tentative.
Yay! Congratulations! Are they offering you an apartment tour ? Also how long would you say the timeline was from when they sent it to hpd til when they contacted you?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Yay! Congratulations! Are they offering you an apartment tour ? Also how long would you say the timeline was from when they sent it to hpd til when they contacted you?
No she didnt give me a date for the apartment tour because the building is still under construction and although they said it will be done by the end of the month it is not a guaranteed time frame. It took 2 weeks but that was because I reached out to my marketing agent instead. Idk if she been knew I was approved and rather decided not to notify me because they don't have a set date for the certificate of Occupancy but she made it know that although HPD approved me its not guaranteed until I sign the lease

Old 06-11-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No she didnt give me a date for the apartment tour because the building is still under construction and although they said it will be done by the end of the month it is not a guaranteed time frame. It took 2 weeks but that was because I reached out to my marketing agent instead. Idk if she been knew I was approved and rather decided not to notify me because they don't have a set date for the certificate of Occupancy but she made it know that although HPD approved me its not guaranteed until I sign the lease
Oh okay- I just called but she my file isn’t back yet. I am praying on this.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:25 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Sounds like we may have the same agent lol i only found out my file was approved by HDC because i reached out to her and asked. Like when were you gonna let me know this?! Smh

Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Congratulations! Which size apartment are you seeking and which AMI, if you don't mind me asking. I know you have CB preference, which range does your log # fall in? Just wondering because I'm in the same boat! My log range is in the 7,XXX range with CB preference, looking to snag a 2 bdrm or 1 bdrm in the 90 ami

Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Sounds like we may have the same agent lol i only found out my file was approved by HDC because i reached out to her and asked. Like when were you gonna let me know this?! Smh
My agent is pretty nice but I have to say I have had to contact for updates. She was nice when I called in. She said as soon as she gets the update she will contact me immediately. I’m just so anxious. I explained I’m not always near my phone and I don’t want to miss the chance because of that.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Congratulations! Which size apartment are you seeking and which AMI, if you don't mind me asking. I know you have CB preference, which range does your log # fall in? Just wondering because I'm in the same boat! My log range is in the 7,XXX range with CB preference, looking to snag a 2 bdrm or 1 bdrm in the 90 ami

I fit into the 2 Bedroom 50% AMI & I Have CB & ME preference. My log number was 1,XXX. I applied for a 2 bedroom.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I fit into the 2 Bedroom 50% AMI & I Have CB & ME preference. My log number was 1,XXX. I applied for a 2 bedroom.
Oh wow, you have double preferences and a low log number so you should be good! I know nothing is set in stone until you sign the lease but you have great odds! My log number is much higher but I havent seen many posts about the higher ami's so hopefully there's units left when they get to me. Hopefully we'll all be neighbors! Fingers crossed for good news in the coming weeks!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
My agent is pretty nice but I have to say I have had to contact for updates. She was nice when I called in. She said as soon as she gets the update she will contact me immediately. I’m just so anxious. I explained I’m not always near my phone and I don’t want to miss the chance because of that.
Yeah that's the part that a bit concerning. It's common courtesy to follow up, I mean even a quick email to update the applicant on the status would be nice. Hopefully they email you something once they get your file back, that way you won't have to worry about missing phone calls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery