Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 10:19 AM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
I've been so thirsty lmaoo & oh they can do that already lol could it possibly be the credit check? My specialost only asked me for my recent stubs cash apps and bank statements to update my file
Not sure if it's a credit check. Remember we were given the choice between having a credit check and providing proof of 12 months worth of on-time rental payments when we submitted our initial documents. I chose the latter and my file was approved without a credit check. She mentioned background check, so I think this is more of a criminal background and housing court check. Yes, we may be asked for updated financial docs closer to the lease signing. I hope the units aren't really small, it would be a pity, but the amenities make up for it to an extent, i guess that depends on how much stuff you have to move lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 10:39 AM

125 posts, read 132,199 times
I agree that I think the apartments will be small as wel. I was reading an article that initially they had a number of like three hundred and something apartments and they were able to make 400. Honestly it’s hard to say based on the floor plan. The floor plan looks like the rooms are narrow.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:18 AM

159 posts, read 233,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
I agree that I think the apartments will be small as wel. I was reading an article that initially they had a number of like three hundred and something apartments and they were able to make 400. Honestly it’s hard to say based on the floor plan. The floor plan looks like the rooms are narrow.
Yess and I already have brand new furniture from my previous place and its alot of big stuff I would hate to have to rebuy furniture and have to waste almost $3000 of furniture because it does not fit

Old 06-25-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yes all though it says layouts may vary . It seems like each room has 1 window including the living room which in my opinion pretty much concludes that they are small as hell

Old 06-25-2020, 12:25 PM

It also appears as if the bathrooms won’t have windows which I love having a bathroom window. I’m over here speaking like I got the approval. When I haven’t heard a thing. I am officially going to not drive myself crazy and wait it out until about mid July. Clearly I feel as if my coordinator is annoyed by me and I can’t blame her. But what they fail to understand is this is very new to some people and though it’s a lottery we deserve as much as a simple message with updates. This can help so many people plan their budget and prepare with time and not fee the pressure. It would put so many people at ease. We shall see the outcome ! I look forward to all the updates on here this chat is super helpful. Thank you all

Old 06-25-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It also appears as if the bathrooms won’t have windows which I love having a bathroom window. I’m over here speaking like I got the approval. When I haven’t heard a thing. I am officially going to not drive myself crazy and wait it out until about mid July. Clearly I feel as if my coordinator is annoyed by me and I can’t blame her. But what they fail to understand is this is very new to some people and though it’s a lottery we deserve as much as a simple message with updates. This can help so many people plan their budget and prepare with time and not fee the pressure. It would put so many people at ease. We shall see the outcome ! I look forward to all the updates on here this chat is super helpful. Thank you all
You are Approved and you must speak it into existence and also I gave you HPDs number in an earlier post. It wont hurt to call

Old 06-25-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
You are Approved and you must speak it into existence and also I gave you HPDs number in an earlier post. It wont hurt to call
Awe Thank you! I pray on it! Positivity and support is so helpful! I appreciate it yes I called the number and left a message.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:19 PM

149 posts, read 195,211 times
Hey guys, hold the furniture discussion! Haha We haven't heard yet from HarlemKid3919 with ME preference, and neither we in general public with #s <300 have been reached out to. LOL I hope you sign your leases soon so they have time for us, finally

Old 06-25-2020, 09:10 PM

79 posts, read 84,761 times
My log# is in the high 10k with CB and ME preferences and I was told to submit updated paystubs and sign some papers for consideration of a 2 bedroom 90 AMI. The reviewer stated that once I submit student verification my household income should adjust dramatically because of the full time student status. Hopefully there’s still 2 bedroom apartments left in the 60 AMI bracket. My time has come people

Old 06-25-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
My log# is in the high 10k with CB and ME preferences and I was told to submit updated paystubs and sign some papers for consideration of a 2 bedroom 90 AMI. The reviewer stated that once I submit student verification my household income should adjust dramatically because of the full time student status. Hopefully there’s still 2 bedroom apartments left in the 60 AMI bracket. My time has come people
You might be good cause my mom was 8,xxx & they did her full process in 2 weeks from thr first email to HPD approval..Pay attention to the documents you sign . I printed all mine becUse once you sign it and send it back on docusign it wont be visible anymore cause its their account so I printed all mine before signing it and sending it back and if ya documents have a unit number on it then c&C management approved your paperwork they only put unit numbers to send for HPD approval
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery