Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 03:39 PM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: Got an email from C&C today asking for more paystubs, most recent checking and savings account statements along with clarifications on any additional deposits as well as my retirement account statement and my CashApp statement. That last one was a surprise, I barely use CashApp but I did send my nephew some small deposits back in December for gas money when he first moved to Florida, when he paid me back of course it went on my Chase bank statement so I guess that's why they're asking to see the statements. They gave me a deadline of next Monday to get the documents back to them, so I have one week to get everything together. A good sign for everyone to know that they are still working, probably remotely, on our files. Good luck to everyone and I'll update when I hear anything further!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 05:15 PM

149 posts, read 195,211 times
Thanks for an update, NiniCakes. Helpful and reassuring, as always. I was wondering though, is it why they go to the preference people for the second time, to define how many units are left for the general public? As I haven't received any emails by far unless I keep missing them (good thing is that I think they agency ought to reach out twice, haha)

Old 04-27-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbiz2002 View Post
Thanks for an update, NiniCakes. Helpful and reassuring, as always. I was wondering though, is it why they go to the preference people for the second time, to define how many units are left for the general public? As I haven't received any emails by far unless I keep missing them (good thing is that I think they agency ought to reach out twice, haha)
Well in the initial advertisement for this building, it was listed that 62% of the units would be set aside for those with preferences (50% for CB 11 residents, 5% for municipal employees, 5% for mobility, and 2% for vision/hearing) so it has already been defined that 38% of the units will be for the general public. The application screening process is set up to fill the preferenced units first before contacting the general public for the units that will be left. I would imagine that after management called the first round of preferenced folks, many of them are now in different circumstances due to the pandemic. Some may be dealing with loss of wages and some may decide that now is not the time for them to move, so they may drop out of the running altogether (this is purely my speculation!). In this instance, it makes sense that the management office will contact more preferenced applicants for their second outreach for applicant screening as they still need to fill the preferenced units first. So things are slowing down considerably, but they have not stopped altogether. C&C's staff are still working and they will get to the general applicant pool eventually but it seems like there may be a longer wait given the current climate. Fingers crossed that everyone hears good news soon!

Old 04-29-2020, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 8,926 times
Hi

Anyone knows about pet policy for this building?

Old 04-29-2020, 02:39 PM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
I'd move there.
I make one of their bracket.
Hopefully I get Called

Old 05-13-2020, 08:29 PM

42 posts, read 49,636 times
Any updates?

Old 05-15-2020, 07:18 AM

85 posts, read 82,587 times
Does anyone have a working email address for C&C? I have been emailing the general one and no response.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,852 times
I got approved for a one bedroom last week. They waiting for the building to get inspected so they can start moving people in.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcakie168 View Post
I got approved for a one bedroom last week. They waiting for the building to get inspected so they can start moving people in.
Congratulations! That's great news! Did they mention if they'll be giving you a virtual tour of the apartment or will you be able to see it in person? Also, have they sent you a lease and asked you to send in the month's rent and deposit?

Old 05-26-2020, 09:45 AM

149 posts, read 195,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcakie168 View Post
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what was your log # (CB pref?), and when you've heard first from them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery