Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 03:25 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemKid3919 View Post
Did anyone hear anything yet, emails, USPS mail anything ???
Not much of an update on my end but I received some documents to sign 2 weeks ago, and this week Wednesday, which made 2 weeks exactly, I got an email notice from docusign stating that the agent had deleted that document folder. So I was worried they didn't get my documents and emailed them. The response was solely "Please disregard" so that dosen't give me much of an update on my specific status but it does tell me that they are still working on applications. I guess we all have to sit tight and wait on a significant update. Hang in there all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 02:57 PM

27 posts, read 30,675 times
Thanks I hope so cause at this point me and my partner is ready to pay a broker for an apartment, I hope we hear something soon

Old 04-13-2020, 10:14 AM

319 posts, read 401,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Yes, will do! How's the neighborhood? Is it noisy at night? I'm from Harlem but from uptown on the west side, now too familiar with lower, east Harlem. Really? You should go in and check it out! Snap some pics of the common area lol
There's a train station that's next to it.
Well on the back on of it.
Won't be that bad like mine.
But my apartment windows do a good job with the noises.
The neighborhood is kinda ghetto but it's changing
Since the average apartment is 1600+

Old 04-13-2020, 10:36 AM

85 posts, read 82,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
Do you have a log# range in which they are up to? Or can provide your range?
Also waiting but log# is in the high 11,000

Old 04-13-2020, 04:57 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
Yeah i saw the train tracks in the pictures of the building and was wondering about noise at night. Since this is a new building hopefully the new windows will offer some noise cancellation in the evenings. I'm from pre-gentrified Harlem, I can deal with a little "ghetto" or "hood" in passing lol I'm a home body so I'd be mostly in the house anyhows and when I do go out, I uber myself to my destination and back. I won't be hanging on the block so it doesn't bother me much.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah i saw the train tracks in the pictures of the building and was wondering about noise at night. Since this is a new building hopefully the new windows will offer some noise cancellation in the evenings. I'm from pre-gentrified Harlem, I can deal with a little "ghetto" or "hood" in passing lol I'm a home body so I'd be mostly in the house anyhows and when I do go out, I uber myself to my destination and back. I won't be hanging on the block so it doesn't bother me much.
Yeah that's how I do it.
I'm in alvista towers btw in case people were wondering why I can see the building lol.
Studio I won for 1500.
They gave all the one bedroom away even the 1600+ ones. Smh
I had to take the studio for now.
Anyway,
It's not that bad since the windows most likely will give you some noise cancelation. At night it's not bad.
The way this building is positioned, you probably won't be even hear it.
I'm homebody too and Uber myself when I go out usually to Manhattan and Brooklyn anyway
So you'd be fine here.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthepen View Post
Do you have a log# range in which they are up to? Or can provide your range?
Also waiting but log# is in the high 11,000
No idea.
But I have preference and have 18k log lol

Old 04-13-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah it looks really nice and big although it’s across from a NYCHA I wouldn’t rule out living there

Old 04-14-2020, 08:19 PM

39 posts, read 49,678 times
My log #19***,no preference. i know its high but i got call for some apt where my log # was around 4*** & there was only 25-30 total apt available..here is 400 apt .my chance is low here but still hopeful

Old 04-17-2020, 03:54 PM

I was reading different forums about different lottery apartments and the agents are still contacting people and this particular one has reached out to any other person but who stated she sent her documents in. Damn I was wondering what are they doing for this lottery. I am happy that they reached out to her, that’s let’s me know they started the selection process but I was wanting to know a lot of other places are still moving forwards but this place. I’m so curious to know what’s happening so far. My log# is low with a preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery