Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2021, 12:29 AM

16 posts, read 18,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
I dropped off my documents and my money order for my background check last week and I haven't heard from them since then. I sent an email yesterday, but they didn't respond.
I dropped all of my documents and money order a month ago and still no news . Like this is a ridiculous process , the only thing keeping me hopeful is the fact that i they haven’t emailed me denying me and when i do contact my intake person she is still saying she does not have any updates . Thats better than a denial lol keeping my fingers crossed smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 02:12 AM

45 posts, read 72,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyngirl933 View Post
I dropped all of my documents and money order a month ago and still no news . Like this is a ridiculous process , the only thing keeping me hopeful is the fact that i they haven’t emailed me denying me and when i do contact my intake person she is still saying she does not have any updates . Thats better than a denial lol keeping my fingers crossed smh
At least they respond to your emails. They haven't responded to my last one.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:22 PM

16 posts, read 18,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
At least they respond to your emails. They haven't responded to my last one.
Have you tried calling ?

Old 08-21-2021, 09:37 PM

8 posts, read 7,586 times
i ended up painting my apartment a darker color that the paint they use it was not working for me that i even asked for a touch up but still its hard to keep from scratching and with just water the paint rubs off. all i can say it was 100000000% worth loosing my security deposit the OCD in me kept getting mad seeing small spots or scuffs

Old 08-21-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:

If you haven't herd from them and they are still working on your file then it is a good sign Another reason why they are taking long as well is that a lot of the apartments from what the super told me they are fixing some of them again along with it being only 2 workers managing the applications

Old 08-21-2021, 11:20 PM

45 posts, read 72,979 times
Quote:
Have you tried calling ?
Honestly, I haven't. I don't want to make things awkward.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:05 AM

17 posts, read 20,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly_____2021 View Post
i ended up painting my apartment a darker color that the paint they use it was not working for me that i even asked for a touch up but still its hard to keep from scratching and with just water the paint rubs off. all i can say it was 100000000% worth loosing my security deposit the OCD in me kept getting mad seeing small spots or scuffs
You won't lose your security deposit. Just paint everything back in the original color when you leave.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemusician View Post
You won't lose your security deposit. Just paint everything back in the original color when you leave.

that is good i kinda was nervous to paint it but that specific paint they use is hard to keep clean.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:18 PM

17 posts, read 20,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly_____2021 View Post
that is good i kinda was nervous to paint it but that specific paint they use is hard to keep clean.
Completely agree. If you breathe on it too hard you'll see a mark!

Old 08-23-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemusician View Post
Completely agree. If you breathe on it too hard you'll see a mark!
Lol omg the way you said it but true that having a kid makes it worse because they love touching all around that I had to be like stop bumping into the wall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery