Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 11:39 AM

47 posts, read 45,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
UPDATE: I emailed HPD and they told me that I have to appeal in the Housing Connect website. But there is no place to appeal? Has anyone done this yet? My application was listed as ineligible so I’m assuming they’re not giving me the chance to appeal. I did notice that on another application that was deemed ineligible, they uploaded my decline letter in the documents section of the application - but they rejected me months ago and I’m just now seeing that letter. So should I wait to see if this marketing agent with upload a letter? This is incredibly frustrating.

most likely, but 222 johnson avenue works very slow, they prob wont even upload anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 04:02 PM

72 posts, read 53,210 times
Quote:
UPDATE: I emailed HPD and they told me that I have to appeal in the Housing Connect website. But there is no place to appeal? Has anyone done this yet? My application was listed as ineligible so I’m assuming they’re not giving me the chance to appeal. I did notice that on another application that was deemed ineligible, they uploaded my decline letter in the documents section of the application - but they rejected me months ago and I’m just now seeing that letter. So should I wait to see if this marketing agent with upload a letter? This is incredibly frustrating.
No! Send your appeal Riseboro is very slow so make sure you handle it. I repeat don’t wait on them the email address is hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov make sure you let them why you’re appealing and send all your documents and make sure your paystubs are updated Good Luck

Old 07-21-2021, 09:25 AM

47 posts, read 45,270 times
any updates with anyone's process?

Old 07-22-2021, 08:11 AM

58 posts, read 31,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrytrain View Post
No! Send your appeal Riseboro is very slow so make sure you handle it. I repeat don’t wait on them the email address is hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov make sure you let them why you’re appealing and send all your documents and make sure your paystubs are updated Good Luck
I sent my appeal to HPD already, and they insisted that I have to go through the marketing agent. The name of the marketing agent is Riseboro? Do you have their other info? I have to go through them according to HPD.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I sent my appeal to HPD already, and they insisted that I have to go through the marketing agent. The name of the marketing agent is Riseboro? Do you have their other info? I have to go through them according to HPD.
Idk Why HPD Would Tell You To Contact Them Directly When The Proper Way Is To Submit All Appeals Through HPD. I Don’t Think Riseboro Would Be Where You Appeal Instead Of Emailing Them Call HPD And Ask Someone. Good Luck

Old 07-22-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Idk Why HPD Would Tell You To Contact Them Directly When The Proper Way Is To Submit All Appeals Through HPD. I Don’t Think Riseboro Would Be Where You Appeal Instead Of Emailing Them Call HPD And Ask Someone. Good Luck
Correction If It’s Your First Appeal You Have To Appeal Through Riseboro Login Into The Portal And Go On Your Dashboard And You’ll Find The Info To Where You Need To Appeal Hurry Because They Give You A Few Days

Old 07-22-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Correction If It’s Your First Appeal You Have To Appeal Through Riseboro Login Into The Portal And Go On Your Dashboard And You’ll Find The Info To Where You Need To Appeal Hurry Because They Give You A Few Days
That’s what I’ve been saying, there is no information in the portal given on where to appeal. Absolutely nothing. That’s why I emailed HPD in the first place. I know that you’re supposed to appeal to the marketing agent first but as I’ve said repeatedly there’s no information listed. So if anyone has the info for where to send my appeal I’d greatly appreciate it.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
That’s what I’ve been saying, there is no information in the portal given on where to appeal. Absolutely nothing. That’s why I emailed HPD in the first place. I know that you’re supposed to appeal to the marketing agent first but as I’ve said repeatedly there’s no information listed. So if anyone has the info for where to send my appeal I’d greatly appreciate it.
On Google It Says Administrative Office RiseBoro Community Partnership 565 Bushwick Avenue Brooklyn New York 11206 Or info@riseboro.org. You Can Either Email Or Mail In Your Appeal Their Very Slow But Please Don’t Email And Mail Out Your Appeal People Get Disqualified When They Do Both One Again. Good Luck

Old 07-31-2021, 08:51 AM

20 posts, read 18,590 times
Lol I tried to appeal and they said in a very rude way “there’s nothing I can do about it and to update my income as soon as it changes”

Old 08-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat90210 View Post
Lol I tried to appeal and they said in a very rude way “there’s nothing I can do about it and to update my income as soon as it changes”
Wow, that’s messed up. Eventually someone from HPD agreed to forward my appeal to them since I wasn’t given the option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: