Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2021, 03:05 PM

173 posts, read 147,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaCash View Post
Did anyone that was offered an apartment recently receive an email from Beam advising that your credit report was completed and you were approved for an apartment *before* receiving an email with the offer? TY
No, I think they pull your credit after the offer has been made, most likely after you've accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 02:01 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Just a heads-up for anyone who may be visiting Stuy Town or moving in in the near future: The annual spreading of the manure has begun! So the place literally stinks. It won't last long, and the flowers and trees will benefit next spring. Just be aware that what you're smelling isn't permanent!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 10-06-2021 at 02:17 PM..

Old 10-06-2021, 07:17 PM

64 posts, read 95,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Just a heads-up for anyone who may be visiting Stuy Town or moving in in the near future: The annual spreading of the manure has begun! So the place literally stinks. It won't last long, and the flowers and trees will benefit next spring. Just be aware that what you're smelling isn't permanent!
Glad you mentioned this. I was walking around today wondering what that smell was! LOL

Old 10-06-2021, 07:35 PM

52 posts, read 63,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmrivs View Post
glad you mentioned this. I was walking around today wondering what that smell was! Lol
hahaha !!

Old 10-07-2021, 02:28 PM

56 posts, read 59,721 times
Does anyone know anythingggg about the credit requirements? This is like my only worry, i think i should be fine but im not sure! do they follow hpd guidelines? or something else

Old 10-08-2021, 10:49 AM

21 posts, read 26,010 times
Hello Guys, So on Sept 28, I received an email from StuyTown asking for my docs, which I provided right away. They responded back with:

”Unfortunately, currently we do not have any 1-bedroom units available for occupancy. Please do not submit any(more) documentation at this time. We have placed your application on hold until units become available. I will contact you to begin submitting your supporting documentation, if necessary. No further action is needed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.”

My number is in the high 12## Any updates on what to expect next & how long I might have to wait before an apt becomes available?

Old 10-08-2021, 11:44 AM

2,031 posts, read 1,645,707 times
AlexandreLeGrand,
My friend had a similar experience with a low 13xx # for a one-bedroom. Sorry, I can’t answer your question how long a wait might be.

My speculation is the wait list is being emailed just to find out who replies. Not so such because they have one-bedrooms that are going un rented. At these prices finding tenants will not be hard. People who don’t reply to their emails get knocked off the list. This make their job easier in the future because they aren’t waiting for replies that won’t come. And a shorter list helps make your wait shorter.

More speculation. Two related factors that seem to contribute to one-bedrooms becoming available are vacancy and need for renovation. As a unit becomes vacant they might need or decide to renovate it under whatever program or projects for maintenance they have going on. This can included replacing fixtures that still work but might stop working during the next lease, it’s easier to do maintenance, repair, and replacement on a vacant unit. Since they won’t get top rent on these units there is less insensitive to rush to get the first months rent.

Anyhow, you are well prepared now when they do contact you with a vacancy. If that happens next year, they might ask for updated documents. It’s not easy. Best wishes.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:54 PM

21 posts, read 26,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
AlexandreLeGrand,
My friend had a similar experience with a low 13xx # for a one-bedroom. Sorry, I can’t answer your question how long a wait might be.

My speculation is the wait list is being emailed just to find out who replies. Not so such because they have one-bedrooms that are going un rented. At these prices finding tenants will not be hard. People who don’t reply to their emails get knocked off the list. This make their job easier in the future because they aren’t waiting for replies that won’t come. And a shorter list helps make your wait shorter.

More speculation. Two related factors that seem to contribute to one-bedrooms becoming available are vacancy and need for renovation. As a unit becomes vacant they might need or decide to renovate it under whatever program or projects for maintenance they have going on. This can included replacing fixtures that still work but might stop working during the next lease, it’s easier to do maintenance, repair, and replacement on a vacant unit. Since they won’t get top rent on these units there is less insensitive to rush to get the first months rent.

Anyhow, you are well prepared now when they do contact you with a vacancy. If that happens next year, they might ask for updated documents. It’s not easy. Best wishes.
Thank you very much for your response. This is very helpful!

One more question, once the docs are submitted, anyone know if I can change my request (add an additional household member) & request a 2 bedroom?

Old 10-08-2021, 02:08 PM

56 posts, read 59,721 times
Hi. UPDATE: I was offered a 1bd apartment today i believe in PCV. The rent is 1438. hopefully its renovated, im crossing my fingers!

Old 10-08-2021, 02:12 PM

52 posts, read 63,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuseorange17 View Post
Hi. UPDATE: I was offered a 1bd apartment today i believe in PCV. The rent is 1438. hopefully its renovated, im crossing my fingers!
OMG im so happy for you Congratulations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery