Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 09:53 AM

42 posts, read 57,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacritousalpaca View Post
Just to add a data point, I got this email 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. (My log # is in the low 400s and I'm going for a 1-bedroom.) I'm expecting to be asked to re-provide bank statements etc. since I first submitted them in June and I think they expire after 3 months, but I haven't been asked yet. I'll update if/when I hear anything--I hope you'll do the same!
Update: today I was asked to send updated bank statements and paystubs and was asked whether I had any pets. I think my file is finally actually under review!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 10:43 AM

240 posts, read 321,695 times
Quote:
Update: today I was asked to send updated bank statements and paystubs and was asked whether I had any pets. I think my file is finally actually under review!
That's great, I fully expect the need to send updated docs, but, have not been able to reach anyone in the office when I have attempted to call. But like I stated earlier, my number is right there with yours so, I'm thinking it's imminent. Hoping I will be contacted next week when my son is home from College for Thanksgiving and, can have the student affidavit notarized.

Old 11-19-2021, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 5,877 times
Quote:
Great news! They asked me for pet information 10 days ago, then 5 days later I got confirmation that we are next on the list for the apartment we requested. sounds like we are getting close!

Old 11-19-2021, 02:43 PM

269 posts, read 334,999 times
I signed a lease today!!!!!!!!!!

Happened quickly after a lot of waiting.

Well. Worth. It.

Got a ST 1BR at a rent lower than I expected. It's affordable.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:14 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Congrats!!! Do you like the location?

Old 11-19-2021, 06:57 PM

The location sounds good, looks ok on the map. I'll find out once I get there. lol

Old 11-19-2021, 08:08 PM

164 posts, read 193,597 times
Congratulations Sunny!!! What a way to kick off the weekend (and start the holidays)!!

Old 11-20-2021, 05:27 AM

25 posts, read 29,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyand50 View Post
I signed a lease today!!!!!!!!!!

Happened quickly after a lot of waiting.

Well. Worth. It.

Got a ST 1BR at a rent lower than I expected. It's affordable.
Congratulations!!!!
Sorry to ask, but how much is the rent??? I see that people have different prices. I don’t understand why.
I read a while ago that people were offered prices that they couldn’t afford. I supposed they are not really based on income at this point

Old 11-20-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaane View Post
Congratulations Sunny!!! What a way to kick off the weekend (and start the holidays)!!
And my birthday was last weekend!!!

Thank you!!!

Old 11-20-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonidabc View Post
Congratulations!!!!
Sorry to ask, but how much is the rent??? I see that people have different prices. I don’t understand why.
I read a while ago that people were offered prices that they couldn’t afford. I supposed they are not really based on income at this point
It's in the 2021 lottery range. That's all I can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery