Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 11:57 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,571,114 times

Advertisements

For all you lottery winners with dogs, here’s a photo of one of the new “dog relief” areas under construction in Stuy Town. PCV already has two. I’m not sure how these are going to work. They won’t be fenced, and all dogs must be on leash. The grass is artificial, and owners will still have to pick up after their pets. I wonder how many dogs will be able to hold it in until getting to the designated areas!

I believe managers are trying to minimize the number of dogs who are doing their business in the flower beds and other planted areas by offering an alternative.

2021 Stuytown lottery-087a0a4d-e972-4220-8304-d925dbbb9b08.jpeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 12:25 PM

81 posts, read 89,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstardanc2007 View Post
I've been holding this close to the vest for a few days, lest something go wrong before lease signing... But after a very long road, it's finally my turn to share some good news! I received an offer a few days ago for a 1-bedroom apartment, which I have accepted! Log # 15xx. Will be moving in mid-September!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

My timeline in case it's helpful for anyone:

mid-October 2021: Received initial email asking for paperwork. Submitted about a week later.
mid-November 2021: Received email indicating no 1-bedrooms available and placing me on waitlist.
early July 2022: Received email requesting updated paperwork. Submitted about a week later.
mid-July 22: Received email requesting I resubmit 1 document and asking if I have any pets. Responded same day.
late July 2022: Received email confirming receipt of paperwork and indicating that my application is "ready for processing."
late August 2022: Apartment offer!

Wonderful news, congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing...I have hope they will get to me! high 16xx.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:53 PM

81 posts, read 89,369 times
Hello all! I was just notified my application has been submitted to the supervisor for final review! Excited,and of course waiting for the next shoe to drop. Has anyone had a situation where they have gotten this far and not been able to move forward to approval?

Dying here..

rp

Old 08-25-2022, 01:00 PM

143 posts, read 162,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapas View Post
Hello all! I was just notified my application has been submitted to the supervisor for final review! Excited,and of course waiting for the next shoe to drop. Has anyone had a situation where they have gotten this far and not been able to move forward to approval?

Dying here..

rp
best wishes. fingers crossed for you.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:53 PM

76 posts, read 120,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhaia View Post
Hi Familo0609,

Congrats on the move! By the way when you signed the lease does it say that there will be increases annually?Or is it only for those Oct leases? Thanks!
I signed a 2 years lease so I could be locked in but I assumed there is a yearly increase subject to rent regulation in place each year

Old 08-25-2022, 07:57 PM

76 posts, read 120,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyprnyc View Post
Good morning Family0609, the kitchen space for PCV is much larger than the Stuytown, which is more of a galley kitchen compared to the triangle-like in Stuytown. Wish you the best! I am still waiting patiently for my offer, two weeks from the final approval!
Yes PCV has a larger set up which I am thankful for. Hoping you get your offer soon!!!!

Old 08-25-2022, 09:21 PM

25 posts, read 43,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapas View Post

Dying here..

rp
Good luck!

Old 08-26-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
I signed a 2 years lease so I could be locked in but I assumed there is a yearly increase subject to rent regulation in place each year
Your lease will say what the rent is for the period; its not subject to rent board until after the lease ends. However it is possible that within the lease, there could multiple rates. When we signed our 2 years, in 2021, the first year was different than the second years. It was unusual. YaYA hd said her 2 year was increased by $40 (i believe for the entire time period) because of a post oct 1 move in. hope that helps

Old 08-26-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 531PCV View Post
Your lease will say what the rent is for the period; its not subject to rent board until after the lease ends. However it is possible that within the lease, there could multiple rates. When we signed our 2 years, in 2021, the first year was different than the second years. It was unusual. YaYA hd said her 2 year was increased by $40 (i believe for the entire time period) because of a post oct 1 move in. hope that helps
sorry I misread the original posting. i believe you were giving your reasoning for entering into a 2 year lease, not raising a question.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:54 PM

7 posts, read 6,332 times
Hi everyone,

I just want to give a little update. My son and I moved into our beautiful PCV apartment today. The apartment is so beautiful, and all my worries about proximity to the FDR are gone!

Thanks so much to this community for answering my questions and being so supportive. It has meant a lot.

For everyone, here’s our timeline for a 2-bedroom (log: 6,xxx). We applied as part of the 2021 lottery.

June 15: Request for documents.
July 5: Request for further information / clarification.
July 26: Offer for apartment.
August 26: Lease started!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery