Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 07:15 AM

164 posts, read 194,390 times

Advertisements

INTERESTING. Settlement Housing Fund seems to still be processing 650 W42nd - I’ve not moved on since sending my docs (deadline 10/8), and they don’t seem to have even reviewed them yet. They’re also slated to handle The Gilroy (232 E52nd I think)… I wonder how soon that’ll get started!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 07:28 AM

325 posts, read 395,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaane View Post
INTERESTING. Settlement Housing Fund seems to still be processing 650 W42nd - I’ve not moved on since sending my docs (deadline 10/8), and they don’t seem to have even reviewed them yet. They’re also slated to handle The Gilroy (232 E52nd I think)… I wonder how soon that’ll get started!
I was contacted to submit docs for TBS a couple of days ago. I noticed that both SHF and Reside NY were listed on the contact info. I reached out and was informed that they have transferred it over to Reside.

Damn, SHF must be really backed up and or short staffed. Let's just hope you get contacted real soon. Now that the holidays are coming, things may slow down for a bit.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,920 times
Hello,

Just joined this platform, thank you all for the incredibly helpful information posted. I was contacted this week (11/16) for TBS - Log #1083. I submitted my documentation on the portal the same day and waiting to hear back. I am targeting a 1-bedroom apt. I have a couple of questions and hope someone can provide some insights:

1) Is it true that lottery apartments will be different from market-rate apartments? I saw this on the 1 Boreum Place forum. Wondering if this is standard across the board or if it is building specific.
2) Does anyone know what floor plans will be assigned for the 1-bedroom lottery apartments?
3) This specific lottery offers 2 free months. Does this mean we would only be charged the security deposit as the first month would be considered free? Or will it be security + 1st month?
4) Has anyone already moved into the building? If so, how do you like it so far?

Thank you in advance!

Old 11-20-2021, 01:51 PM

26 posts, read 30,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus__ View Post
Hello,

Just joined this platform, thank you all for the incredibly helpful information posted. I was contacted this week (11/16) for TBS - Log #1083. I submitted my documentation on the portal the same day and waiting to hear back. I am targeting a 1-bedroom apt. I have a couple of questions and hope someone can provide some insights:

1) Is it true that lottery apartments will be different from market-rate apartments? I saw this on the 1 Boreum Place forum. Wondering if this is standard across the board or if it is building specific.
2) Does anyone know what floor plans will be assigned for the 1-bedroom lottery apartments?
3) This specific lottery offers 2 free months. Does this mean we would only be charged the security deposit as the first month would be considered free? Or will it be security + 1st month?
4) Has anyone already moved into the building? If so, how do you like it so far?

Thank you in advance!
Hey Lotus,

1 this doffers by buildings. for tbs they are the same
2 i do know that there ate two diff types available for lottery facing river for 1beds. im only interested in 1 bed riverview so didnt ask for details on other types but a lot more will be facing city
3 need to confirm tomorrow with devin
4 nope not yet i js got an open house invite for tomorrow

hope this helps

Old 11-20-2021, 03:19 PM

26 posts, read 28,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyoo86 View Post
Hey Lotus,

2 i do know that there ate two diff types available for lottery facing river for 1beds. im only interested in 1 bed riverview so didnt ask for details on other types but a lot more will be facing city

hope this helps
Based on some sleuthing on streeteasy it looks like the 2 beds are not river facing, despite the marketing photos. Totally unconfirmed though.

Old 11-20-2021, 03:21 PM

234 posts, read 292,936 times
Impossible question, but worth a shot… does anyone know which tend to go faster in these kinds of lotteries? 1-bedrooms or 2-bedrooms?

Old 11-20-2021, 03:30 PM

26 posts, read 30,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Impossible question, but worth a shot… does anyone know which tend to go faster in these kinds of lotteries? 1-bedrooms or 2-bedrooms?
price is definitely more favorable for 2beds. however, it really depends on those early/low log no’s. there are 65 1 bed so by availability alone 2 beds could run out faster. there are 13 one beds river facing so those could go out fast even though they are lower floors

Old 11-20-2021, 04:35 PM

412 posts, read 597,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
I was contacted to submit docs for TBS a couple of days ago. I noticed that both SHF and Reside NY were listed on the contact info. I reached out and was informed that they have transferred it over to Reside.

Damn, SHF must be really backed up and or short staffed. Let's just hope you get contacted real soon. Now that the holidays are coming, things may slow down for a bit.
Since I'm not moving anytime soon, really hoping you get this haha.

Gotham and Center are going to take some time..

Old 11-21-2021, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 2,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyoo86 View Post
Hey Lotus,

hope this helps

Hi Shyoo86,

Thanks for the information. It's good to know that the units are the same as market-rate. I'm interested in the floor plan that has the peninsula or the large version of the 1-bedroom as this one has the most closets and sq footage. These may not be the ones offered but who knows. I hope the open house went well. Let me know what you thought of it!

Last edited by Lotus__; 11-21-2021 at 08:06 PM..

Old 11-22-2021, 06:31 AM

32 posts, read 38,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus__ View Post
Hi Shyoo86,

Thanks for the information. It's good to know that the units are the same as market-rate. I'm interested in the floor plan that has the peninsula or the large version of the 1-bedroom as this one has the most closets and sq footage. These may not be the ones offered but who knows. I hope the open house went well. Let me know what you thought of it!
There are multiple 1 bed types available but only C and G are riverfacing. C is the corner 1 bed which is bigger of those two. The biggest 1 beds which are E and F are not available for lottery units. You can check the actual dimensions/layouts on streeteasy for most of those units. Open house went pretty quick as it was my 2nd time viewing.

There are 13 riverfacing 1 beds and 52 with cityview (brooklyn not manhattan) and I actually really liked one of the corner unit facing the city but it will be really hard to let go of riverview if the units are there at my selection. One advantage of cityview units is that units are available upto 30ish floors compared to riverviews which are only available upto floor 11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery