Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 12:38 PM

124 posts, read 112,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Does ur voucher cover the rent?
I am with HRA that will only submit a budget letter for proof of assistance. My case manager informed me if I am approved then the agency will recalculate my assistance based on the rental of the apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 01:05 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPecan View Post
I am with HRA that will only submit a budget letter for proof of assistance. My case manager informed me if I am approved then the agency will recalculate my assistance based on the rental of the apartment.
2 bluslip apartments rent are too much for any voucher

Old 11-29-2021, 01:27 PM

9 posts, read 9,698 times
anyone gotten to take a look at 2brs? would love some insight if anyone could share!

Old 11-29-2021, 03:26 PM

229 posts, read 241,008 times
Quote:
I went for a tour today and I think that two blue slip is overpriced ( market rates apartments included ). The nicest layout were E,F,C and H with river views but of course not available for affordable housing. Other layout were partially facing other buildings being built next to each other.

Amenities and pool fees are insane.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:01 PM

32 posts, read 38,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
I went for a tour today and I think that two blue slip is overpriced ( market rates apartments included ). The nicest layout were E,F,C and H with river views but of course not available for affordable housing. Other layout were partially facing other buildings being built next to each other.

Amenities and pool fees are insane.
Hey syad8486,

I do believe 7 units of C (corner 1bed) and 6 units of G (regular 1bed smallest of all 1bed facing river) are available for lottery.

Were you told specifically that none of C and G types are available?

Old 11-29-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia89 View Post
Hey syad8486,

I do believe 7 units of C (corner 1bed) and 6 units of G (regular 1bed smallest of all 1bed facing river) are available for lottery.

Were you told specifically that none of C and G types are available?
The leasing agent named Todd told me that the C, E and F layout are not available for affordable housing. M layout is available for affordable housing but I refuse to spend $2,500 / month for Brooklyn views. The G layout is about 400-500 square feet for a one bed which is a joke . Not worth my hard working money.I seriously left two blue slip disappointed and I’m thinking saving my money to buy a place.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:12 PM

32 posts, read 38,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
The leasing agent named Todd told me that the C, E and F layout are not available for affordable housing. M layout is available for affordable housing but I refuse to spend $2,500 / month for Brooklyn views. The G layout is about 400-500 square feet for a one bed which is a joke . Not worth my hard working money.I seriously left two blue slip disappointed and I’m thinking saving my money to buy a place.
Yup that is completely fine. Not trying to convince people that TBS is worth the money. For some it is for others it is not. I personally believe 2600 is underpriced if only if you are able to grab one of the river-facing 1beds. 13 units are reserved for lottery which was confirmed by Devin who is in charge for lottery and she actually showed those units during last Sunday's tour. Once again, I am a firm believer that TBS is worth extra couple hundred bucks more than regular decent 1 beds in any BK or Queens area due to view, atmosphere around the brother/sister buildings and aura it has. You do feel "different" when you enter the lobby. Do you mind sharing any alternatives to TBS worth considering in BK close to the river or upcoming gotham?

Old 11-29-2021, 05:41 PM

116 posts, read 141,644 times
I got log #3*** no CB preference, but I sure wish they would contact me!

Old 11-29-2021, 06:09 PM

200 posts, read 219,103 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be something, if MrPecan is correct, and HRA ups his voucher!

Old 11-29-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia89 View Post
Yup that is completely fine. Not trying to convince people that TBS is worth the money. For some it is for others it is not. I personally believe 2600 is underpriced if only if you are able to grab one of the river-facing 1beds. 13 units are reserved for lottery which was confirmed by Devin who is in charge for lottery and she actually showed those units during last Sunday's tour. Once again, I am a firm believer that TBS is worth extra couple hundred bucks more than regular decent 1 beds in any BK or Queens area due to view, atmosphere around the brother/sister buildings and aura it has. You do feel "different" when you enter the lobby. Do you mind sharing any alternatives to TBS worth considering in BK close to the river or upcoming gotham?
I agree with you . We all have different opinions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery