Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2022, 01:19 AM

92 posts, read 78,772 times

Advertisements

44,xxx I didn't expect to get a number this low. I've been getting fairly low numbers compared to what most people post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 05:09 PM

800 posts, read 731,414 times
I got 42,xxx don’t expect to be called so having hopes for Sven instead

Old 03-24-2022, 05:36 PM

36 posts, read 49,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
I got 42,xxx don’t expect to be called so having hopes for Sven instead
If you have community board preference with that log number I think you still have a good chance. If someone doesn’t live in the community and their log number is 50, without a preference there’s no chance until all community board members are given a unit. I think that’s how it works

Old 03-24-2022, 05:56 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
If you have community board preference with that log number I think you still have a good chance. If someone doesn’t live in the community and their log number is 50, without a preference there’s no chance until all community board members are given a unit. I think that’s how it works
Almost correct. Not ALL community board members get a unit. Only the amount the is set aside for community board members. It’s usually half of the units for community board members. After the 50% is filled then typically there is 5% for municipal employees. So, a log # with community board preference might miss out on the 50% of the units for CB but still could get a unit if the log# is low enough in the remaining population of log#s.

I wish it was easier to think about.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Almost correct. Not ALL community board members get a unit. Only the amount the is set aside for community board members. It’s usually half of the units for community board members. After the 50% is filled then typically there is 5% for municipal employees. So, a log # with community board preference might miss out on the 50% of the units for CB but still could get a unit if the log# is low enough in the remaining population of log#s.

I wish it was easier to think about.
So you’re saying someone that’s cb preference with log#40,000 is worse off than someone with no preference but a log number such as 100?

Old 03-24-2022, 08:44 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Quote:
So you’re saying someone that’s cb preference with log#40,000 is worse off than someone with no preference but a log number such as 100?
What you wrote is true ONLY when ALL the CB preferences are taken. Remember, the preference is not for 100% of the units.

Let’s pretend there is a lottery for 100 units. (All are the same size and AMI%). The only preference category is CB and it’s for 50% of the units which is typical. So 50 of the 100 units go to CB preference. Once those 50 units are filled, CB preference doesn’t have any special preference power anymore. It’s just lowest log#.

Let’s say the last CB preference unit, the 50th, went to Log$ 39,999. Now log# 40,000 with CB preference doesn’t have an advantage anymore because all CB units are taken. At this point the next unit goes the lowest log# no matter if it has CB preference or not. It highly likely that there is a lower # without preference than log # 40,000. Even it that is true, log# 40,000 is not cancelled it just has to wait its turn in the general population.

Old 03-25-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
What you wrote is true ONLY when ALL the CB preferences are taken. Remember, the preference is not for 100% of the units.

Let’s pretend there is a lottery for 100 units. (All are the same size and AMI%). The only preference category is CB and it’s for 50% of the units which is typical. So 50 of the 100 units go to CB preference. Once those 50 units are filled, CB preference doesn’t have any special preference power anymore. It’s just lowest log#.

Let’s say the last CB preference unit, the 50th, went to Log$ 39,999. Now log# 40,000 with CB preference doesn’t have an advantage anymore because all CB units are taken. At this point the next unit goes the lowest log# no matter if it has CB preference or not. It highly likely that there is a lower # without preference than log # 40,000. Even it that is true, log# 40,000 is not cancelled it just has to wait its turn in the general population.
Thank you for clarifying

Old 03-25-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I believe that’s cb2 , I’m CB1. 130% ami

Old 03-25-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:

This is very informative. I’m pretty new to housing connect. I was reached out once for my DREAM APARTMENT in midtown but missed it bc I was living with my partner at the time that didn’t want to move. Funny thing is I left 3 months later smh. Now I’m actively trying to apply to high rises in LIC

Old 03-27-2022, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
If my log number is 2,XXX and I’m a city employee, do I have a chance? If so, how long do you think it’ll take for them to contact me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery