Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2022, 07:27 AM

264 posts, read 318,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
I figured it out a possibility each agent gets batches of applicants. So some agents can work faster than others but at the end of the day it has to be in order when it comes to being offered a unit. Lol I decided I’m going to patiently wait for the email and not stress about it.
Lol, I love it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 10:25 AM

36 posts, read 49,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Lol, I love it!!
Are you waiting to hear back from them? I’m so happy you heard from them, that reassures me this whole process is real.

Old 03-21-2022, 11:31 AM

15 posts, read 24,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
It’s not supposed to go according to AMI. In the case of Vandebdub, it makes no sense to me that we are both under the mobility preference and his or her log number is lower than mine, yet they still have not been contacted. There are times when managements will do the disability folks along with CB preference because they’re allowed to, but how they can grab from the next preference before getting to someone with a lower number in the first preference, is what’s confusing. My log number is 14xx; Vandebdub’s is 6xx.
I found out I was rejected for not submitting my divorce and child custody stipulation court documents to Melissa. I don't believe they have a right to go on a fishing expedition digging into my personal life more than is needed. I am the biological mother, listed on the birth certificate and I stated that I have shared custody, which I do. Furter, I qualify for the unit as one person or two. I am not desperate enough to play along, so I will be appealing this on principle.
This is a voluntary process and I am allowed to say no to their requests, and they are allowed to reject me. Let's let the appeals department have their say next.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:14 PM

726 posts, read 821,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandebdub View Post
I found out I was rejected for not submitting my divorce and child custody stipulation court documents to Melissa. I don't believe they have a right to go on a fishing expedition digging into my personal life more than is needed. I am the biological mother, listed on the birth certificate and I stated that I have shared custody, which I do. Furter, I qualify for the unit as one person or two. I am not desperate enough to play along, so I will be appealing this on principle.
This is a voluntary process and I am allowed to say no to their requests, and they are allowed to reject me. Let's let the appeals department have their say next.
They want the divorce docs to ensure your ex is not considered apart of your legal household it’s dumb but that’s why they did it

Old 03-21-2022, 02:28 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Quote:
You and I are not the judge of what is needed. I don’t know which side is correct here. Good luck with your appeal.

This might be a useful information source:
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 03-21-2022, 02:49 PM

151 posts, read 197,528 times
Quote:
Ive always wondered how that worked. Because i know, you or any household member you list, can’t be listed on more than one application or it’s disqualification. Me and Childs father share custody and I know he applies for housing lotteries, as do I. I always get afraid that he may disqualify me because technically it is court ordered joint custody. Thankfully I haven’t come across that and he pays child support and my child is registered in school under my name and address so i always feel o have the upper hand on that. But I’m sure that’s why they are asking for that information…. But like you said, regardless you qualify as 1 person.

Hopefully the appeal will clear things up for you.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:16 PM

19 posts, read 29,381 times
I finally got emailed back today and set up a appointment to sign verification forms. Anyone know what to expect? Anyone know if I have to bring any documents with me? Has anyone seen any units yet?

Old 03-21-2022, 05:45 PM

36 posts, read 49,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangelagenl View Post
I finally got emailed back today and set up a appointment to sign verification forms. Anyone know what to expect? Anyone know if I have to bring any documents with me? Has anyone seen any units yet?
Congratulations!! I hope all goes well and you get approved. Im crossing my fingers for Gotham or Sven

Old 03-21-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I’m sorry things went this way. You are absolutely correct - you have the right to set boundaries and say no. Is this the first lottery you’ve been called for? I only ask because if you plan on continuing to apply for NYC HC apts, this may be the norm for any other building. The problem is that the city and IRS put so much pressure on these buildings to make sure that their standards for qualifying are to the letter, they ask for what many folks are not willing to give up. I’ve seen other applicants talk about this in other forums past; some felt the same as you do.

Best of luck on your appeal.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangelagenl View Post
Congratulations!! I went this past Friday to sign forms and I was in and out. If they haven’t asked you for additional documents, you don’t need to bring anything in. You’re not going to see any apartments unless your paperwork is sent to HPD and you are approved - that’s pretty much the standard for all of these buildings. After you sign your documents, the waiting game resumes.

The leasing gallery where you’re going is gorgeous and everyone there is very nice. If you have a chance, make sure you walk the bike path to your right after your appointment, so you’ll get to the boardwalk area of the park - it’s beautiful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery