Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 05:35 PM

36 posts, read 49,672 times

Advertisements

Yeah because how would they know if someone has cb preference without proof of address. I think you can use credit just to prove credit worthiness instead of 12 months rent. And maybe a bill like con Ed to prove residency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 05:37 PM

264 posts, read 315,392 times
Lmao!!!

Old 03-10-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
Yeah because how would they know if someone has cb preference without proof of address. I think you can use credit just to prove credit worthiness instead of 12 months rent. And maybe a bill like con Ed to prove residency.
Your point about CB preference is a great one - hadn’t even occurred to me. True on the rent as well. As far as the ConEd bill goes, I had a mgmt company tell me that they needed more than a utility bill, that’s why it would help to have something pertaining to your rent/landlord in some way that shows where you live.

Old 03-10-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Your point about CB preference is a great one - hadn’t even occurred to me. True on the rent as well. As far as the ConEd bill goes, I had a mgmt company tell me that they needed more than a utility bill, that’s why it would help to have something pertaining to your rent/landlord in some way that shows where you live.
Have they gone back and forth with you? Or are they still reviewing your documents. I hope the process is fast

Old 03-10-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Have they gone back and forth with you? Or are they still reviewing your documents. I hope the process is fast
I’m still under review - they have everything.

Old 03-10-2022, 06:40 PM

347 posts, read 359,024 times
Quote:
First of all, I DO KNOW THAT. This isn’t my first rodeo with Housing Connect - in the last 3 years, I’ve been called for 4 different lotteries and got approved and offered an apartment to 2. I’m living in one now and just turned another one down. I’m FULLY AWARE of the requirements set by HPD and HDC and the rule changes that were implemented under DeBlasio.

The option to provide rent or do a credit check as outlined under HC 2 and the Marketing Manual, are a differenttopic than what she asked me - that’s what you’re NOT getting. Also, I never said that they doubt she lives in NYC - she hasn’t even been contacted yet and by residency, I mean the apartment/home she lives in. She simply asked what documents she needs to get ready if they contact her. Btw, putting down an address on your application doesn’t prove anything. Your circumstances could have changed and you might not live there anymore by the time they contact you. Like I said, management companies want proof of residency. AND, what I gave her was a SUGGESTION.
How does 1 person get so many chances for a lottery apartment? It seems once you get one, you should not be allowed to apply for a few years - too many people have no place to live.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:27 AM

Why do people say it’s easier to get a lottery apartment with a high ami? I feel as though a high ami will work against me since CB preference, the prices here are high therefore more people with a higher AMI.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Why do people say it’s easier to get a lottery apartment with a high ami? I feel as though a high ami will work against me since CB preference, the prices here are high therefore more people with a higher AMI.
I think it’s because there are far more people who apply at lower AMIs because the lottery is their best chance to be able to afford these kinds of apartments - more competition.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:30 PM

Can someone explain what “Under Review” actually means on Housing Connect 2?? After having gone thru a full lottery process recently, I thought it meant that your paperwork and TIC/authorization package had been sent over to HPD/HDC for final approval - that’s what happened with the building I just turned down.

In HC 2, my status for Gotham Point now says “Under Review,” but I haven’t done anything more than hand over documents. No additional paperwork, tax forms or the TIC have been sent to me to sign/initial, but I did do an “over the phone” income verification with a compliance manager. Also, I was only able to upload one document on HC 2 - the glitches kept erasing some of the docs as I uploaded, so I sent everything else directly to management. Has this happened to anyone else??

Old 03-14-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Can someone explain what “Under Review” actually means on Housing Connect 2?? After having gone thru a full lottery process recently, I thought it meant that your paperwork and TIC/authorization package had been sent over to HPD/HDC for final approval - that’s what happened with the building I just turned down.

In HC 2, my status for Gotham Point now says “Under Review,” but I haven’t done anything more than hand over documents. No additional paperwork, tax forms or the TIC have been sent to me to sign/initial, but I did do an “over the phone” income verification with a compliance manager. Also, I was only able to upload one document on HC 2 - the glitches kept erasing some of the docs as I uploaded, so I sent everything else directly to management. Has this happened to anyone else??
You sent all of your paperwork (w2 etc)? Maybe they are looking at it now. That’ might why it changed to under review. Not sure what other paperwork they would be asking for. Aren’t w2 tax documents? Good luck you’re really close to moving in neighbor!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery