Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 10:38 AM

15 posts, read 24,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
You’re welcome. Here’s my timeline…

Feb. 27 - received email from HC 2 that my application was chosen for processing

Feb. 28 - received email from agent to send in docs

Feb. 28 - received call from agents to verify my interest and do income questionnaire

March 4 - sent all docs in directly to my agent via email

March 8 - was instructed by agent to upload at least one doc to HC 2 to avoid rejection

March 16 - got email to schedule document signing

March 18 - will go to leasing office

Note March 8…you MUST upload at least one doc to HC 2 or your application could get rejected. For whatever reason, the system would not take all of my docs which was why I sent them all to my agent, but apparently something has to be there. Keep this in mind if you run into any problems - the website is still kinda glitchy.
Hi there! congrats! I am still waiting to hear . I have mobility preference, and my log # is 6xx, but I am still waiting to hear back... I might need to follow up with them. What is your log#, if I may ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 04:48 PM

19 posts, read 29,412 times
I have been contacted beginning of March to submit docs and the same week had a call to verify income with the agent. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back. Anyone know if it takes long to hear back after you receive a call? Log is 12xx with CB preference.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:19 AM

264 posts, read 318,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandebdub View Post
Hi there! congrats! I am still waiting to hear . I have mobility preference, and my log # is 6xx, but I am still waiting to hear back... I might need to follow up with them. What is your log#, if I may ask?
Thank you. My log number is 14xx…it makes no sense to me why you haven’t been contacted. This management seems to be all over the place, because I’m seeing folks with CB preference get emailed to submit docs and this is supposed to go in order. Maybe you should try to contact someone, but they’re going to get to you eventually. Remember, your log# will determine your chances regardless of when they do. Best of luck to you!!

Old 03-19-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangelagenl View Post
I have been contacted beginning of March to submit docs and the same week had a call to verify income with the agent. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back. Anyone know if it takes long to hear back after you receive a call? Log is 12xx with CB preference.
It took 12 days for them to email me to come in and sign docs after submitting paperwork. It might be taking them more time to get to you because you have CB preference - they clear out the disability preferences first. Best of luck to you!!

Old 03-19-2022, 11:51 AM

I went to sign off on my verification/authorization forms yesterday. It was very fast and the folks who work in the leasing gallery were really nice and welcoming. FYI, although the building structure is complete, the inside is not; there is still construction going on in the lobby and many construction workers moving about on site. So, I wasn’t able to get into the resident entrance and take pics, but I did walk to the park and boardwalk area around both the north and south towers. This place is stunning!!!!!

And now, I wait. They already have my application on HC 2 listed as “Under Review” which I believe is a mistake because nothing has been sent to HPD yet, so I’ll have no way of knowing when it does. It should be under “Pending,” so this is going to be a frustrating wait for me, but I’m gonna try not to drive myself too crazy, lol.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys that are going through the process now.

Old 03-19-2022, 03:38 PM

603 posts, read 606,702 times
Quote:
I went to sign off on my verification/authorization forms yesterday. It was very fast and the folks who work in the leasing gallery were really nice and welcoming. FYI, although the building structure is complete, the inside is not; there is still construction going on in the lobby and many construction workers moving about on site. So, I wasn’t able to get into the resident entrance and take pics, but I did walk to the park and boardwalk area around both the north and south towers. This place is stunning!!!!!

And now, I wait. They already have my application on HC 2 listed as “Under Review” which I believe is a mistake because nothing has been sent to HPD yet, so I’ll have no way of knowing when it does. It should be under “Pending,” so this is going to be a frustrating wait for me, but I’m gonna try not to drive myself too crazy, lol.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys that are going through the process now.
Hey, one step closer! You are going in the right direction! You never know how long with these constructions.
You will probably be one of the first people that move in!

Old 03-19-2022, 04:09 PM

36 posts, read 49,870 times
Quote:
Thank you. My log number is 14xx…it makes no sense to me why you haven’t been contacted. This management seems to be all over the place, because I’m seeing folks with CB preference get emailed to submit docs and this is supposed to go in order. Maybe you should try to contact someone, but they’re going to get to you eventually. Remember, your log# will determine your chances regardless of when they do. Best of luck to you!!
This makes no sense to me because I have cb preference and a half the log number someone else got and they got contacted. Maybe they are going in order of ami? Not sure but I’m in the 125%-165% (income) I thought they would contact me by now. I’m thinking these units will go fastest.

Old 03-19-2022, 04:43 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,705,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
This makes no sense to me because I have cb preference and a half the log number someone else got and they got contacted. Maybe they are going in order of ami? Not sure but I’m in the 125%-165% (income) I thought they would contact me by now. I’m thinking these units will go fastest.
This might be helpful.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 03-19-2022, 06:48 PM

726 posts, read 822,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
Is your log number in the 200’s or less bcuz you quoted a person who was in the disability preference

Old 03-19-2022, 07:45 PM

36 posts, read 49,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Is your log number in the 200’s or less bcuz you quoted a person who was in the disability preference
Someone above here stated they were contacted and have a log number 12xx and cb preference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery