Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 06:58 AM

214 posts, read 219,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
I think they do. I got the email first from Housing Connect to upload my documents, then later the same day, Melissa from compliance emailed me to let me know that my application was up for processing. I never responded back to that email because I got busy and the next day, she and a gentleman called me to verify if I wanted to proceed with my application and asked me the financial questions I mentioned before. They’re not playing around.
Wow. That's amazing that it's finally moving quickly for once! Also, congrats to you on getting this far! I hope it works out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 09:41 AM

264 posts, read 314,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
Wow. That's amazing that it's finally moving quickly for once! Also, congrats to you on getting this far! I hope it works out
Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I have low expectations however, because there’s only one unit available that I qualify for in my bracket, lol. If it ain’t one thing with these lotteries, it’s another. I plan on applying for the North Tower when it becomes available.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I have low expectations however, because there’s only one unit available that I qualify for in my bracket, lol. If it ain’t one thing with these lotteries, it’s another. I plan on applying for the North Tower when it becomes available.
I will 100% be applying for that North Tower also! What was your log number for the South Tower? Any preferences? Hoping it works out for you! Sooo many people got outrageously high log numbers, so it would be nice to see it actually work out for someone.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I will 100% be applying for that North Tower also! What was your log number for the South Tower? Any preferences? Hoping it works out for you! Sooo many people got outrageously high log numbers, so it would be nice to see it actually work out for someone.
Thank you so much!! My log number is 14xx and I have mobility disability preference, so fingers crossed!! Good luck to you, as well.

Old 03-07-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much!! My log number is 14xx and I have mobility disability preference, so fingers crossed!! Good luck to you, as well.
I have city employee preference, but my log number was a little different than yours -- 51,XXX, HAHA Keep us posted!

Old 03-07-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I have city employee preference, but my log number was a little different than yours -- 51,XXX, HAHA Keep us posted!
This is one of the worst lotteries I’ve ever seen - why so many people have gotten such high log numbers is baffling. I still wish you the best of luck. Who knows…maybe you’re meant to be in the North Tower.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:49 AM

218 posts, read 473,485 times
Our log number is 4,xxx and CB preference. Did not get called, crossing fingers! I hope the 2 bedroom units have washer and dryer like some of the other lottery around here.

Old 03-09-2022, 07:34 PM

36 posts, read 49,657 times
Log 600s… still no email or call

Old 03-10-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
Log 600s… still no email or call
Do you fall under any of the preferences?? They just started, so they’re reaching out to mobility disability applicants first. The order is mobility disability, vision/hearing disability, community board residents and municipal employees. After the preferences, they begin reaching out to folks in the general population.

I hope this helped and good luck to you. You have a great log number!

Old 03-10-2022, 08:46 AM

36 posts, read 49,657 times
I fall under cb preference. Fingers crossed. There are around 250 units available, I’m just nervous because says there are 25 units available in my bracket… there are still 600+ people with a lower log number so I know chances are slim. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery