Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 03:10 PM

264 posts, read 316,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
You sent all of your paperwork (w2 etc)? Maybe they are looking at it now. That’ might why it changed to under review. Not sure what other paperwork they would be asking for. Aren’t w2 tax documents? Good luck you’re really close to moving in neighbor!!
I thought that normally, the TIC, authorization docs, student affidavits, etc all go to HPD - that can’t be the case because I wasn’t sent them via email to sign off on. The additional tax docs are a form (T-4506) they ask for to give them permission to get a transcript of your tax return. Also, Gotham hasn’t asked me if I want to show rent receipts or have my credit run. I thought that’s supposed to happen before sending docs to HPD, as well.

I tell you, you could go thru this process a million times and still be left with questions, lol. I’m gonna give my agent another week or so before I ask anything - I really don’t like contacting them unless I absolutely have to.

And thanks again…I can’t wait for us to be neighbors!!! (Fingers crossed)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 04:04 PM

290 posts, read 323,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
I thought that normally, the TIC, authorization docs, student affidavits, etc all go to HPD - that can’t be the case because I wasn’t sent them via email to sign off on. The additional tax docs are a form (T-4506) they ask for to give them permission to get a transcript of your tax return. Also, Gotham hasn’t asked me if I want to show rent receipts or have my credit run. I thought that’s supposed to happen before sending docs to HPD, as well.

I tell you, you could go thru this process a million times and still be left with questions, lol. I’m gonna give my agent another week or so before I ask anything - I really don’t like contacting them unless I absolutely have to.

And thanks again…I can’t wait for us to be neighbors!!! (Fingers crossed)
Under reviews just means they are going through all your paperwork. Each management does this process differently. Since you had your phone interview they are still going through everything and making sure you don’t need anything else. They have to approve your items first before they send it off to HPD. Trust the process because I’ve been dealing with the paperwork process (up until today) for the past 2 months for another apartment. Signed the TIC form and everything and they are still reviewing before they send it off to HPD. Best of luck….You’re almost there!

Old 03-14-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Under reviews just means they are going through all your paperwork. Each management does this process differently. Since you had your phone interview they are still going through everything and making sure you don’t need anything else. They have to approve your items first before they send it off to HPD. Trust the process because I’ve been dealing with the paperwork process (up until today) for the past 2 months for another apartment. Signed the TIC form and everything and they are still reviewing before they send it off to HPD. Best of luck….You’re almost there!
Got it. Thank you so much for clarifying, I hope you get your approval soon. Great luck to you!!

Old 03-15-2022, 04:12 PM

51 posts, read 56,107 times
88XXX with no CB PERFERENCE!!! Great

Old 03-15-2022, 06:56 PM

109 posts, read 123,143 times
log# 61*** so disappointed i have my eyes especially set on LIC as one of my top choice areas. but will still remain hopeful.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:18 PM

412 posts, read 597,311 times
It's insane how high some of the log numbers are for this building. I can't even imagine how many people applied in total.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:21 AM

I just got an email from my agent at Gotham - she wants me to come in this Friday to sign verification forms. I can’t believe how fast this is going…not getting myself too hyped up yet tho, because they will still put you thru this process for the sake of building their waitlists. I’m remaining hopeful that all of this is a good sign.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:33 AM

46 posts, read 63,372 times
Omg omg I’m so excited for you!!!! I think it’s in the bag! I hope they still have apts in my ami when I get called

Old 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM

151 posts, read 197,205 times
Quote:
I just got an email from my agent at Gotham - she wants me to come in this Friday to sign verification forms. I can’t believe how fast this is going…not getting myself too hyped up yet tho, because they will still put you thru this process for the sake of building their waitlists. I’m remaining hopeful that all of this is a good sign.
Ahhhh Congrats! I’m so happy for you and happy things are moving forward rather quickly with this development

I hope i get an opportunity. I have no pref with log# 18xxx. Long shot, but Finger crossed

Old 03-16-2022, 10:17 AM

36 posts, read 49,751 times
Quote:
Congratulations!!!!! A step closer neighbor. Did you have a log number 1*** that’s overall not counting preferences right? I’m so happy for you! When your status changed on the website it was literally being reviewed. Keep us updated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery