Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 12:07 PM

264 posts, read 316,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Congratulations! Hope the rest of the process will go well & fast!!!
Thank you so much!! And congrats to you as well - I’ve read thru many of your posts and I saw that you scored a HUGE lottery win!! Omg, you must bask in the glow of your building everyday, lol. You also provide a lot of solid information on this lottery process, so thanks for that, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 12:11 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,848,137 times
Thank you! Yeah, I'm very lucky to win a unit at Summit. I'm happy to share information based on my experience & hope those will help others in this forum

Gotham Point is a great building & you'll love Queens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Thank you so much!! And congrats to you as well - I’ve read thru many of your posts and I saw that you scored a HUGE lottery win!! Omg, you must bask in the glow of your building everyday, lol. You also provide a lot of solid information on this lottery process, so thanks for that, also.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Thank you! Yeah, I'm very lucky to win a unit at Summit. I'm happy to share information based on my experience & hope those will help others in this forum

Gotham Point is a great building & you'll love Queens!!!
I’m so excited. Coming from the Bronx and having no friends or family that live in LIC, I never thought about moving to Queens. But the moment I saw where that building was located, the view of the Manhattan skyline and the amenities, I knew I had to apply. I’m so glad I did!!

Old 03-16-2022, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 7,451 times
Hello!! I can't believe this but I actually got asked for document submission!! I am so excited to move this process forward but had a few questions.

For my household, I put down my gf who is an international student. She is not employed, has no income, and her place of residence is a sub lease where she never signed a lease. Should I remove her from my household/will her inclusion in the household section complicate the process?

Secondly, RGC74 helped answer a few q's last time but realized I meant to ask for CB: I was living in the area (about a few blocks away) up until end of Feb. I now have been staying for the last few weeks with my brother who lived across from me in a diff building but I don't pay rent anymore. Will the last 12 months of rent payments up until Feb be ok to satisfy CB preference confirmation and the first document they requested? (The 12 months vs credit check)

Thank you so much!! I am so stoked to possibly have a chance and just wanted to make sure I don't screw anything up

Old 03-16-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoghsear717 View Post
Hello!! I can't believe this but I actually got asked for document submission!! I am so excited to move this process forward but had a few questions.

For my household, I put down my gf who is an international student. She is not employed, has no income, and her place of residence is a sub lease where she never signed a lease. Should I remove her from my household/will her inclusion in the household section complicate the process?

Secondly, RGC74 helped answer a few q's last time but realized I meant to ask for CB: I was living in the area (about a few blocks away) up until end of Feb. I now have been staying for the last few weeks with my brother who lived across from me in a diff building but I don't pay rent anymore. Will the last 12 months of rent payments up until Feb be ok to satisfy CB preference confirmation and the first document they requested? (The 12 months vs credit check)

Thank you so much!! I am so stoked to possibly have a chance and just wanted to make sure I don't screw anything up
Hey!! Congratulations on moving to the next step - I hope everything goes well for you.

Now that you’ve been chosen for documentation, I don’t think you can change anything that is already in your profile. The moment anything changes - financially or demographically - you must change it before your application is chosen for processing.

If your girlfriend had no income when you put her on the application and that hasn’t changed, no worries there. It would only be a concern if she was employed originally, because now that would be a loss in your overall income. You may possibly run into questions about her housing situation however, because she doesn’t live with you and they ask for info on everyone going into the apartment. Prepare for that - her subleaser may need to draft up a letter stating her residency there and it will need to be notarized.

For the CB preference, that’s tricky. A rent payment would have been due for March at this point, so they’d want to see that. Maybe (I’m not sure) you could just give them the last 12 rent receipts from your previous residence and have your brother draft a letter stating you’re living with him now and are not being charged rent; this would also have to be notarized. Remember, the rent receipts or credit check are basically to establish you as a responsible tenant that they won’t fear they may end up in court with down the road. However, you will only retain CB preference if your brother’s place is in the same community board, so make sure it is.

With all my yacking aside, ask the agent who contacts you what’s best to do. If you hear from Melissa, I can tell you that she’s very nice and cooperative - ask her anything and she always responds back.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!!

Last edited by RGC74; 03-16-2022 at 01:07 PM..

Old 03-16-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Hey!! Congratulations on moving to the next step - I hope everything goes well for you.

Now that you’ve been chosen for documentation, I don’t think you can change anything that is already in your profile. The moment anything changes - financially or demographically - you must change it before your application is chosen for processing.

If your girlfriend had no income when you put her on the application and that hasn’t changed, no worries there. It would only be a concern if she was employed originally, because now that would be a loss in your overall income. You may possibly run into questions about her housing situation however, because she doesn’t live with you and they ask for info on everyone going into the apartment. Prepare for that - her subleaser may need to draft up a letter stating her residency there and it will need to be notarized.

For the CB preference, that’s tricky. A rent payment would have been due for March at this point, so they’d want to see that. Maybe (I’m not sure) you could just give them the last 12 rent receipts from your previous residence and have your brother draft a letter stating you’re living with him now and are not being charged rent; this would also have to be notarized. Remember, the rent receipts or credit check are basically to establish you as a responsible tenant that they won’t fear they may end up in court with down the road. However, you will only retain CB preference if your brother’s place is in the same community board, so make sure it is.

With all my yacking aside, ask the agent who contacts you what’s best to do. If you hear from Melissa, I can tell you that she’s very nice and cooperative - ask her anything and she always responds back.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!!
Darn didn't get Melissa but did reach out to my agent to see if I can ask him the questions for his suggestions!
What I am most concerned about the fact that I did not get the chance to update my annual gross salary that changed by a few thousand since Jan 2022 before my app got selectred for processing..hoping it doesnt disqualify my app

Thank you for your help!! How long did it take from document - where you are now total?

Old 03-16-2022, 01:53 PM

214 posts, read 220,156 times
Quote:
Darn didn't get Melissa but did reach out to my agent to see if I can ask him the questions for his suggestions!
What I am most concerned about the fact that I did not get the chance to update my annual gross salary that changed by a few thousand since Jan 2022 before my app got selectred for processing..hoping it doesnt disqualify my app

Thank you for your help!! How long did it take from document - where you are now total?
Did the few thousand that your salary changed bump you out of the AMI bracket you were selected in?

Old 03-16-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
Did the few thousand that your salary changed bump you out of the AMI bracket you were selected in?
It did, but just spoke with an agent and he said as long as you aren't kicked out of the entire bracket they'll try to work with you to find a unit that meets your AMI.

Old 03-16-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:

You’re welcome. Here’s my timeline…

Feb. 27 - received email from HC 2 that my application was chosen for processing

Feb. 28 - received email from agent to send in docs

Feb. 28 - received call from agents to verify my interest and do income questionnaire

March 4 - sent all docs in directly to my agent via email

March 8 - was instructed by agent to upload at least one doc to HC 2 to avoid rejection

March 16 - got email to schedule document signing

March 18 - will go to leasing office

Note March 8…you MUST upload at least one doc to HC 2 or your application could get rejected. For whatever reason, the system would not take all of my docs which was why I sent them all to my agent, but apparently something has to be there. Keep this in mind if you run into any problems - the website is still kinda glitchy.

Old 03-16-2022, 05:12 PM

36 posts, read 49,715 times
Quote:
It did, but just spoke with an agent and he said as long as you aren't kicked out of the entire bracket they'll try to work with you to find a unit that meets your AMI.
Do you have any preferences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery