Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 02:50 PM

153 posts, read 181,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
No problem. If you could show proof of rent payments and utility bills to match your address, that should work. Really all the lease does is prove where you live, so payments and a matching utility bill would do the same. You could also ask your landlord for a rent ledger which would show how long you’ve been where you live and all your rent payments - they can’t refuse giving you something to prove your tenancy and you shouldn’t have to tell them why you need it. I hope this helps.
Dont you have the option to do credit check instead of showing rent payments??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 03:18 PM

214 posts, read 220,096 times
Ummmmm did anyone just see the mega firehouse stream of water that was just jetting out of the middle of the North Tower?? It just stopped, but I’m thoroughly confused as to WTF that was?!

Old 03-10-2022, 03:36 PM

36 posts, read 49,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah29_ View Post
Dont you hav the option to do credit check instead of showing rent payments??
I think credit check might be an option in place of 12 months rent. I would think doing a credit check would be a much more effortless option.

Old 03-10-2022, 03:50 PM

264 posts, read 315,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoghsear717 View Post
Gotcha, thanks for the wealth of info! Will def update the info now and hopefully get contacted soon. Good luck to your app as well!!
No problem and thank you!

Old 03-10-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Dont you have the option to do credit check instead of showing rent payments??
She was asking what to do since her landlord doesn’t always provide her with a lease. I was referring to her proving residency with proof of rent payments (could be anything that shows she pays rent somewhere) and a utility bill to match the address. We weren’t talking about the option of a credit check or rent payments to show her credit worthiness. I also told her that her landlord has to provide something to show her tenancy.

Old 03-10-2022, 04:04 PM

Quote:
She was asking what to do since her landlord doesn’t always provide her with a lease. I was referring to her proving residency with proof of rent payments (could be anything that shows she pays rent somewhere) and a utility bill to match the address. We weren’t talking about the option of a credit check or rent payments to show her credit worthiness. I also told her that her landlord has to provide something to show her tenancy.
I dont think you know that under HPD, we have the OPTION to show 12 months rent receipt, OR do credit check.

Why did they doubt that she lives in NYC, in the apartment on the application form?

Old 03-10-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I dont think you know that under HPD, we have the OPTION to show 12 months rent receipt, OR do credit check.

Why did they doubt that she lives in NYC, in the apartment on the application form?
First of all, I DO KNOW THAT. This isn’t my first rodeo with Housing Connect - in the last 3 years, I’ve been called for 4 different lotteries and got approved and offered an apartment to 2. I’m living in one now and just turned another one down. I’m FULLY AWARE of the requirements set by HPD and HDC and the rule changes that were implemented under DeBlasio.

The option to provide rent or do a credit check as outlined under HC 2 and the Marketing Manual, are a differenttopic than what she asked me - that’s what you’re NOT getting. Also, I never said that they doubt she lives in NYC - she hasn’t even been contacted yet and by residency, I mean the apartment/home she lives in. She simply asked what documents she needs to get ready if they contact her. Btw, putting down an address on your application doesn’t prove anything. Your circumstances could have changed and you might not live there anymore by the time they contact you. Like I said, management companies want proof of residency. AND, what I gave her was a SUGGESTION.

Last edited by RGC74; 03-10-2022 at 04:33 PM..

Old 03-10-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc74 View Post
first of all, i do know that. This isn’t my first rodeo with housing connect - in the last 3 years, i’ve been called for 4 different lotteries and got approved and offered an apartment to 2. I’m living in one now and just turned another one down. I’m fully aware of the requirements set by hpd and hdc and the rule changes that were implemented under deblasio.

The option to provide rent or do a credit check as outlined under hc 2 and the marketing manual, are a differenttopic than what she asked me - that’s what you’re not getting. Also, i never said that they doubt she lives in nyc - she hasn’t even been contacted yet and by residency, i mean the apartment/home she lives in. She simply asked what documents she needs to get ready if they contact her. Btw, putting down an address on your application doesn’t prove anything. Your circumstances could have changed and you might not live there anymore by the time they contact you. Like i said, management companies want proof of residency. And, what i gave her was a suggestion.
breathe.....

Old 03-10-2022, 05:21 PM

36 posts, read 49,700 times
Quote:
Yes this is what I meant thanks. And I really appreciate you for responding and assisting. Since this is a lottery not every person would be willing to give good advice.

Old 03-10-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh1000 View Post
Yes this is what I meant thanks. And I really appreciate you for responding and assisting. Since this is a lottery not every person would be willing to give good advice.
No problem. When I first started coming to these forums, I got a lot of help and good advice so I’m more than happy to do the same. And, thank you for confirming what we were talking about, I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery