Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 08:59 AM

453 posts, read 502,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorin2570 View Post
Any updates? Starting to get worried that units are filling up which is why they haven't moved forward with higher logs.
Nothing yet, beyond very initial submission (11XX). Are you in the 10XXs?

I think it is unlikely that the apartments are going that quickly, based on my explorations of this forum comparing similar lotteries! Probably just got held up reviewing further docs for the first 2 batches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 09:07 AM

800 posts, read 737,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorin2570 View Post
Any updates? Starting to get worried that units are filling up which is why they haven't moved forward with higher logs.
I had this EXACT thought today as well. I just didn’t want to speak it into existence

Old 05-31-2022, 09:32 AM

38 posts, read 40,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Nothing yet, beyond very initial submission (11XX). Are you in the 10XXs?

I think it is unlikely that the apartments are going that quickly, based on my explorations of this forum comparing similar lotteries! Probably just got held up reviewing further docs for the first 2 batches.
Yes I am. Agreed I’d think it’s unlikely based off the stories I’ve heard from previous 130% AMI winners with high log numbers. Just not sure why they haven’t ask for supplementary documents given they asked previous logs within a few days - if they know it’s gonna be required why not get the email out.

I also reached out to the agency via email but haven’t gotten a response sadly. Might give them a call later in the week but I don’t want to be too pushy.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
I had this EXACT thought today as well. I just didn’t want to speak it into existence
I know that helloitsmee who is in the 200s hasn't even had his-or-her viewing yet! So, I doubt it is even numerically not even possible that this is the case, given that there are 200-odd apartments and we know loads of people enter lotteries they don't qualify for or have no interest in or whatever, just to see what number they get!

Saying that, if I haven't heard anything by Friday this week I will give the office a call and ask them what's up

Old 05-31-2022, 09:39 AM

63 posts, read 65,556 times
They just reached out to schedule my showing this morning! We haven't landed on a time, but will report out afterward.

And on timing, they told me that one of the people originally working on the doc collection / review left the team, so that may be holding things up a bit.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:46 AM

175 posts, read 177,982 times
Maybe with all the agencies being understaffed too, could also be why there’s such a long wait after the initial reach out for these first 2 batches.

I’m 1900’s and haven’t heard anything yet. (‘patiently waiting’)

Old 05-31-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
They just reached out to schedule my showing this morning! We haven't landed on a time, but will report out afterward.

And on timing, they told me that one of the people originally working on the doc collection / review left the team, so that may be holding things up a bit.
Oh, damn! That is a pain. And might explain things slowing down.

Thanks for the update, good luck with the viewing, and I will keep an eye out for your future intel!

Old 05-31-2022, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 5,562 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone!!

Sure thing! They document request was through housing connect but everything else has been through email. And in the past few days they've phoned me for a few questions. I'd encourage you to reach out to the number on Housing Connect. They may not be done verifying your initial docs yet, but doesn't hurt to check in if it's been a few weeks. And they were really friendly when I called and asked for an update!
Hi – may I ask if you mind elaborating on some parts

“They document request was through housing connect but everything else has been through email”
So you uploaded your doc on Housing Connect (correct?)
How long did it take for someone to reach out to you via email… and was it in regard to you needing extra info/correction on document? Would you mind sharing the email?

“I'd encourage you to reach out to the number on Housing Connect.”
Would you be able to share the Housing Connect number? There is a contact/phone number for the building and marketing agent, but not Housing Connect. Housing Connect list a phone number here but it read generic information, no live human. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...on-guides.page

For context, I uploaded and submitted my docs on Housing Connect but I realized I submitted an incomplete doc. Now, on housing connect, it does not allow submitting anymore documents. Wonder what I should do to make it easiest/faster for all parties involved. The marketing agents don’t seem to be sure how best to proceed as well.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...stem-does.html

Thanks

Old 05-31-2022, 12:00 PM

63 posts, read 65,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity2000 View Post
Hi – may I ask if you mind elaborating on some parts

“They document request was through housing connect but everything else has been through email”
So you uploaded your doc on Housing Connect (correct?)
How long did it take for someone to reach out to you via email… and was it in regard to you needing extra info/correction on document? Would you mind sharing the email?

“I'd encourage you to reach out to the number on Housing Connect.”
Would you be able to share the Housing Connect number? There is a contact/phone number for the building and marketing agent, but not Housing Connect. Housing Connect list a phone number here but it read generic information, no live human. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...on-guides.page

For context, I uploaded and submitted my docs on Housing Connect but I realized I submitted an incomplete doc. Now, on housing connect, it does not allow submitting anymore documents. Wonder what I should do to make it easiest/faster for all parties involved. The marketing agents don’t seem to be sure how best to proceed as well.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...stem-does.html

Thanks
Hello! Yes - I got the initial notification from Housing Connect that my application had been reached for processing and needed to submit documents, which I completed on the same day. The next day, they emailed me to say they needed additional documents, which I emailed them back (and also uploaded to HC) the next day. We had some back and forth for about two weeks over email as I needed to send them some updated pay stubs.

And I meant the email and phone number for Durst / Royal Realty Corp, not Housing Connect. You can find it if you click on your application (the window will pop up) and there will be a button/tab that says "Contact." They emailed me from the generic email listed there and I have called them at the number listed there. They have been more responsive over the phone if I had a proactive question. Reaching out to Housing Connect directly won't do any good regarding the incomplete docs. I would suggest either calling to let them know (and sending your correct docs) or waiting to get a rejection and then you can appeal / add the correct docs.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:19 PM

7 posts, read 5,562 times
Quote:
Hello! Yes - I got the initial notification from Housing Connect that my application had been reached for processing and needed to submit documents, which I completed on the same day. The next day, they emailed me to say they needed additional documents, which I emailed them back (and also uploaded to HC) the next day. We had some back and forth for about two weeks over email as I needed to send them some updated pay stubs.

And I meant the email and phone number for Durst / Royal Realty Corp, not Housing Connect. You can find it if you click on your application (the window will pop up) and there will be a button/tab that says "Contact." They emailed me from the generic email listed there and I have called them at the number listed there. They have been more responsive over the phone if I had a proactive question. Reaching out to Housing Connect directly won't do any good regarding the incomplete docs. I would suggest either calling to let them know (and sending your correct docs) or waiting to get a rejection and then you can appeal / add the correct docs.
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I rated your post as positive btw.
“The next day, they emailed me to say they needed additional documents, which I emailed them back (and also uploaded to HC) the next day.”
Is this email from Housing Connect?
You mentioned you “also uploaded to HC” – can you elaborate? Being able to do this would solve my issue. I have uploaded and submitted my doc and now there is no button to upload and submit anymore.
(Also I’m surprised they reach out to you 1 day after you uploaded…that is really fast!)

In my “Contact” area – I also see a phone/email for the building marketing manager. I think that they don’t have any control over the housing connect documents.
In my case, I spotted an error in one of my submitted documents – I’m guessing I might have to wait for Housing Connect folks to reach out to me…

“I would suggest either calling to let them know (and sending your correct docs) or waiting to get a rejection and then you can appeal / add the correct docs.”
By sending you mean, physical paper? I’m not opposed to this but wonder if mailing via paper would actually slow things down...what do you think? Is there an address at Housing Connect to send it to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery