Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2022, 11:36 PM

14 posts, read 16,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity2000 View Post
Somewhat confused.

Just so we are using the same terms: the name/email/phone number in "Contact" tab of the housing connect application is the marketing manager.

Is the marketing manager able to change the status of the documents? For example, my app is currently "in review"

Should I email the marketing manager (in the contact section) my correct document? Just a bit weary of doing this as it is sensitive document and that email is a general inbox.

I thought that there was a "Housing Connect/HPD/HDC employee" that will review the submitted doc and change my status to "Action Required" to allow me to submit a new document to housing connect.
But if I have it correct -- you are saying that such an employee does not exist (correct?) and that the marketing manager is in charge of changing the status?

Just in case you are still confused here, I did the same thing -- I uploaded a wrong document.

So I blacked out all the sensitive information and emailed it in. Then once they reached out to request additional documents, they re-opened the ability to submit new documents on housing connect. I uploaded it there again along with the new documents they were requesting.
So as long as you call/email about it to let them know so you aren't disqualified, there will be a way to upload down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 04:15 PM

453 posts, read 498,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
Well if it helps, I am at the end of 7xx and I was only asked to submit my additional docs 5/26, which I did within a couple of hours. I have heard nothing as far as follow up as of yet.

Perhaps it was that person who left the team that's causing this delay..

Separately, they only just finished reviewing Miso Shiso (3xx) 5/31, and they reached out for additional docs around 4/20.. helloitsme also took about a month from additionals to final stages.. so I figure it might be another 3-4 weeks for me?

timeline is looking like original docs -> 1-3 weeks -> additional docs -> 4-5 weeks -> final stage -> 1-2 weeks -> approval/rejection -> 1 week -> schedule viewing -> (not sure how long it takes from there to move in, if it's a mandated period like within 2 weeks or what)
this is my first lotto so I'm just taking mental notes here hahah
So, this is what I had figured. However, Monday will mark 3.8 weeks since the original docs request for my batch! So it looks like the timeline has since changed. I know it will take even more time once I sumbit those ones.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:55 AM

800 posts, read 730,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
So, this is what I had figured. However, Monday will mark 3.8 weeks since the original docs request for my batch! So it looks like the timeline has since changed. I know it will take even more time once I sumbit those ones.
I wouldn’t worry! Don’t forget there was a holiday and I’m sure ppl took additional time off during this time!

Old 06-07-2022, 11:59 AM

63 posts, read 65,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Have you scheduled your viewing yet? I'm excited to hear how it goes!
I had my tour last week and now heading toward a lease signing! @BritinNYC, your tour description was spot on. Here are a few things that stood out to me:

PROS
- Appliances were the same as market rate - yay!
- The closet space in my unit was fantastic! They had built in shelves / bar to hang clothes.
- The bathroom had a full length mirror built in, which opens up into being a vanity for storage.
- Under cabinet lights and a built in vent over the stove. The freezer also had an icemaker.
- The amenities were soooo much more extensive than I'd imagined. The downside is that you can't access any of them if you don't pay the "membership fee", which is $1000/yr. This comes out to $83/month (not sure whether it's per person), and I think it has to be paid all at once. But it totally seemed worth it for what it includes: access to all the lounges/library, conference room, workspace, several game rooms, event spaces, movie theatre, card room, presentation kitchen, and the gym. The gym is spread out across a bunch of rooms - weights/strength, HIIT, boxing, dance/yoga, cycling (with Peleton bikes) and treadmills, and probably some others that I've forgotten about already. The gym is also managed and they host classes for members, which are included in the overall amenity/membership fee. They also host some "member" events included in the amenity fee, mostly in the presentation kitchen.
- Everything, including the rooms, are key card access.
- All packages are put in an "Amazon Hub", where you get a code emailed to you that opens a locker.
- Thermostat can be controlled by a phone app + you can connect the lighting system to a "Home Bridge" (not included - you would need to buy) and also control it via phone.
- The subway is literally 20 steps from one of the entrances.
- The neighborhood has lots of great restaurants and is so close to everything!

CONS
- The 1BR I toured felt a bit smaller than than the virtual tour on their market rate website. But this syncs up with the smaller measurements on the floor plans they'd sent.
- Not all the units have the "View" tinted windows. There were blackout shades in the bedroom and sun shades in the living room.
- No overhead lighting in the living room or bedroom, but when I was there during the day for the tour, my unit got great light. Some of the plugs are also connected to a light switch, so you can switch on and off a lamp.
- Pool is confirmed as a per use/per person fee and was tiny. The little landing was beautiful though, and the pool area had changing rooms, place to rinse off, and an indoor area to eat.

On other info: the person giving me the tour didn't know how far along they were with lottery winners, but said if I moved in I would be "one of the first". And they said the building had almost 200 units occupied overall already, which I assume a vast majority are market rate. They just started leasing those market rate ones in February.

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope this was all clear

Old 06-07-2022, 12:36 PM

175 posts, read 177,090 times
Thanks for this breakdown @helloitsmeeee !! I am very excited for you and your new home!!

Old 06-07-2022, 01:08 PM

38 posts, read 40,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
I had my tour last week and now heading toward a lease signing! @BritinNYC, your tour description was spot on. Here are a few things that stood out to me:

PROS
- The closet space in my unit was fantastic! They had built in shelves / bar to hang clothes.
- The bathroom had a full length mirror built in, which opens up into being a vanity for storage.
- Under cabinet lights and a built in vent over the stove. The freezer also had an icemaker.
- The amenities were soooo much more extensive than I'd imagined. The downside is that you can't access any of them if you don't pay the "membership fee", which is $1000/yr. This comes out to $83/month (not sure whether it's per person), and I think it has to be paid all at once. But it totally seemed worth it for what it includes: access to all the lounges/library, conference room, workspace, several game rooms, event spaces, movie theatre, card room, presentation kitchen, and the gym. The gym is spread out across a bunch of rooms - weights/strength, HIIT, boxing, dance/yoga, cycling (with Peleton bikes) and treadmills, and probably some others that I've forgotten about already. The gym is also managed and they host classes for members, which are included in the overall amenity/membership fee. They also host some "member" events included in the amenity fee, mostly in the presentation kitchen.
- All packages are put in an "Amazon Hub", where you get a code emailed to you that opens a locker.
- Thermostat can be controlled by a phone app + you can connect the lighting system to a "Home Bridge" (not included - you would need to buy) and also control it via phone.

CONS
- The 1BR I toured felt a bit smaller than than the virtual tour on their market rate website. But this syncs up with the smaller measurements on the floor plans they'd sent.
- Not all the units have the "View" tinted windows. There were blackout shades in the bedroom and sun shades in the living room.
- No overhead lighting in the living room or bedroom, but when I was there during the day for the tour, my unit got great light. Some of the plugs are also connected to a light switch, so you can switch on and off a lamp.
- Pool is confirmed as a per use/per person fee and was tiny. The little landing was beautiful though, and the pool area had changing rooms, place to rinse off, and an indoor area to eat.

On other info: the person giving me the tour didn't know how far along they were with lottery winners, but said if I moved in I would be "one of the first". And they said the building had almost 200 units occupied overall already, which I assume a vast majority are market rate. They just started leasing those market rate ones in February.

Very exciting, thanks for the breakdown! Had a question about the gym but then I reread and saw you covered it. Glad the amenities seem worth the monthly fee!

Also I gave the agency a call but wasn’t able to get much of an update just that we need to be patient.

Last edited by dorin2570; 06-07-2022 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-07-2022, 02:47 PM

16 posts, read 18,208 times
Quote:

PROS

CONS

Thank you so much for the update!! Great to hear the rooms don't differ so much from the market rate units. Can I ask when you are moving in / what is the earliest date they are allowing you to move in?

Old 06-07-2022, 02:53 PM

229 posts, read 241,417 times
Quote:

PROS

CONS

Thank you . What about the views ?

Old 06-07-2022, 04:02 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times
Congrats again! So happy for you!

$83 for amenities fee (minus swimming pool access) is not bad though paying $1000/year in advance is a bit heavy. Anyway, enjoy what the building & neighborhood have to offer!

Quote:

PROS

CONS

Old 06-07-2022, 04:16 PM

63 posts, read 65,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Shiso View Post
Thank you so much for the update!! Great to hear the rooms don't differ so much from the market rate units. Can I ask when you are moving in / what is the earliest date they are allowing you to move in?
I think July 1st but I'm waiting on confirmation from them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Thank you . What about the views ?
I was assigned a lower level floor on the Manhattan side, so I have a view of a hotel. I'm checking to see if they can reassign me to a higher floor but not sure it's gonna happen. Definitely a "con" but the pros still outweigh that for me.

And all the amenities are below the residences, so no real views there either. They span the whole floor so some of them do have a view out the LIRR side. And the pool deck has soooomewhat of a view - of the above ground subway track (lol) and some skyscrapers. I didn't go all the way to the edge of the pool deck, so I'm not sure if you can see Manhattan at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery