Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 12:45 PM

63 posts, read 65,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity2000 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I rated your post as positive btw.
“The next day, they emailed me to say they needed additional documents, which I emailed them back (and also uploaded to HC) the next day.”
Is this email from Housing Connect?
You mentioned you “also uploaded to HC” – can you elaborate? Being able to do this would solve my issue. I have uploaded and submitted my doc and now there is no button to upload and submit anymore.
(Also I’m surprised they reach out to you 1 day after you uploaded…that is really fast!)

In my “Contact” area – I also see a phone/email for the building marketing manager. I think that they don’t have any control over the housing connect documents.
In my case, I spotted an error in one of my submitted documents – I’m guessing I might have to wait for Housing Connect folks to reach out to me…

“I would suggest either calling to let them know (and sending your correct docs) or waiting to get a rejection and then you can appeal / add the correct docs.”
By sending you mean, physical paper? I’m not opposed to this but wonder if mailing via paper would actually slow things down...what do you think? Is there an address at Housing Connect to send it to?
You're welcome! When they emailed me to ask for additional documents, it changed my Housing Connect status to "Action Required." At this point, I emailed them the required additional docs and the agent also asked me to also upload them to Housing Connect so they could mark in the system that I had completed that step. (When the status was changed to "Action Required" it allowed me to upload documents again. After I uploaded the additional documents required, it changed to "In Process".)

The Marketing Manager / Compliance Manager is the one usually responsible for processing the documents. They also update your status on Housing Connect as your application progresses. (Housing Connect is just the website the city has created to make it easier for developers to promote lotteries and process applications. They don't get involved with updating statuses or reviewing documents until your file is completed by the Marketing / Compliance Manager, I believe.)

And no, you don't need to mail anything - I would suggest calling them to ask what they would prefer. I imagine they will have you email them additional documents or to "appeal" if your application is rejected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 02:22 PM

7 posts, read 5,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
You're welcome! When they emailed me to ask for additional documents, it changed my Housing Connect status to "Action Required." At this point, I emailed them the required additional docs and the agent also asked me to also upload them to Housing Connect so they could mark in the system that I had completed that step. (When the status was changed to "Action Required" it allowed me to upload documents again. After I uploaded the additional documents required, it changed to "In Process".)

The Marketing Manager / Compliance Manager is the one usually responsible for processing the documents. They also update your status on Housing Connect as your application progresses. (Housing Connect is just the website the city has created to make it easier for developers to promote lotteries and process applications. They don't get involved with updating statuses or reviewing documents until your file is completed by the Marketing / Compliance Manager, I believe.)

And no, you don't need to mail anything - I would suggest calling them to ask what they would prefer. I imagine they will have you email them additional documents or to "appeal" if your application is rejected.
Somewhat confused.

Just so we are using the same terms: the name/email/phone number in "Contact" tab of the housing connect application is the marketing manager.

Is the marketing manager able to change the status of the documents? For example, my app is currently "in review"

Should I email the marketing manager (in the contact section) my correct document? Just a bit weary of doing this as it is sensitive document and that email is a general inbox.

I thought that there was a "Housing Connect/HPD/HDC employee" that will review the submitted doc and change my status to "Action Required" to allow me to submit a new document to housing connect.
But if I have it correct -- you are saying that such an employee does not exist (correct?) and that the marketing manager is in charge of changing the status?

Old 05-31-2022, 03:43 PM

63 posts, read 65,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity2000 View Post
Somewhat confused.

Just so we are using the same terms: the name/email/phone number in "Contact" tab of the housing connect application is the marketing manager.

Is the marketing manager able to change the status of the documents? For example, my app is currently "in review"

Should I email the marketing manager (in the contact section) my correct document? Just a bit weary of doing this as it is sensitive document and that email is a general inbox.

I thought that there was a "Housing Connect/HPD/HDC employee" that will review the submitted doc and change my status to "Action Required" to allow me to submit a new document to housing connect.
But if I have it correct -- you are saying that such an employee does not exist (correct?) and that the marketing manager is in charge of changing the status?
Yes, reach out to the Marketing Manger / general email that's listed there and tell them your situation and ask what you should do. (Or call them, you might have a quicker response.) If you aren't comfortable sending that document over email, then see if they have another option for you.

And I don't think there is a "Housing Connect" employee at this stage. The city (HPD specifically) only reviews your documents at the final stage of the approval process, after the building has verified / pulled all of your documents into a packet.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:43 PM

16 posts, read 18,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
Thanks everyone!!

Sure thing! They document request was through housing connect but everything else has been through email. And in the past few days they've phoned me for a few questions. I'd encourage you to reach out to the number on Housing Connect. They may not be done verifying your initial docs yet, but doesn't hurt to check in if it's been a few weeks. And they were really friendly when I called and asked for an update!

Realizing I never thanked you for your response and also haven't updated this forum in a while!

You were so right about contacting the number on Housing Connect - the agents there are really nice and helpful! I spoke to them last week and they still hadn't gotten to my additional documents (for reference, my log # is in the very high 300s). So I was freaking out a little since my lease is ending June 30th and I'm running out of time, but she was able to confirm that they would get to my documents around end of week/after the holiday weekend since there were hardly any applicants in the 300s that submitted additional docs.

I just got a call from them today and found out I still have missing documents that I need to submit by tomorrow or they will reject my application and I would have to appeal the rejection again. Note for others: if you have closed any accounts in the past 6 months, make sure you provide proof for all it. I had to transfer my savings account earlier this year and I didn't realize some of my paystubs showed funds going into that account. Also, if you have an old-fashioned pension plan, make sure the statements are up to date (my pension plan statements are delayed by a quarter and it's causing issues).

Based on all of this, I would say they are probably sorting through additional documents from the 4xx-6xx log number crowd, but they could be working through it more quickly now!

Old 06-01-2022, 07:14 AM

38 posts, read 40,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Shiso View Post
Realizing I never thanked you for your response and also haven't updated this forum in a while!

You were so right about contacting the number on Housing Connect - the agents there are really nice and helpful! I spoke to them last week and they still hadn't gotten to my additional documents (for reference, my log # is in the very high 300s). So I was freaking out a little since my lease is ending June 30th and I'm running out of time, but she was able to confirm that they would get to my documents around end of week/after the holiday weekend since there were hardly any applicants in the 300s that submitted additional docs.

I just got a call from them today and found out I still have missing documents that I need to submit by tomorrow or they will reject my application and I would have to appeal the rejection again. Note for others: if you have closed any accounts in the past 6 months, make sure you provide proof for all it. I had to transfer my savings account earlier this year and I didn't realize some of my paystubs showed funds going into that account. Also, if you have an old-fashioned pension plan, make sure the statements are up to date (my pension plan statements are delayed by a quarter and it's causing issues).

Based on all of this, I would say they are probably sorting through additional documents from the 4xx-6xx log number crowd, but they could be working through it more quickly now!
Thanks for the update, this is super helpful! Let us know when they reach back out to you and how it goes - best of luck! I think I might give them a call later this week since if seems they’re pretty helpful over the phone.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:24 AM

29 posts, read 29,880 times
I’m in the 1xxx and have been asked to submit docs. I guess a ton of lower numbers haven’t submitted? Does anyone have an insight on retirement accounts ? How much is too much.

Last edited by Nicky1901; 06-01-2022 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Missing a question

Old 06-01-2022, 10:32 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky1901 View Post
I’m in the 1xxx and have been asked to submit docs. I guess a ton of lower numbers haven’t submitted? Does anyone have an insight on retirement accounts ? How much is too much.
Retirement accounts do not count towards the asset limit BUT they will take 6% of your total assets (including retirement) and add that number to your calculated income and you still must be under the income limit after doing that to still qualify. So it depends on how close to the income limit you already are.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:38 AM

800 posts, read 730,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky1901 View Post
Did they reach out to you today? Are you lower or higher in the 1,xxx range?

Just tryna see where they are up to lol

Old 06-01-2022, 10:43 AM

29 posts, read 29,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
Did they reach out to you today? Are you lower or higher in the 1,xxx range?

Just tryna see where they are up to lol

Yes today, I’m in the mid 1xxx.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:01 AM

800 posts, read 730,719 times
Thanks!! Amp27 - you should hear from them soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery