Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 07:24 PM

170 posts, read 168,096 times

Advertisements

YALL! Any updates on this development? Anyone seen the buildings’ process? Any ideas as to why log numbers have taken this long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 11:15 AM

29 posts, read 19,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celialexington View Post
YALL! Any updates on this development? Anyone seen the buildings’ process? Any ideas as to why log numbers have taken this long?
Seriously! If the building's not done yet that's fine, but I'd love to at least know *something*!

Old 03-30-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson16 View Post
Seriously! If the building's not done yet that's fine, but I'd love to at least know *something*!
ALRIGHT! I had enough with waiting and I have an update. Just took a tour around the buildings and…they’re not done. It’s not all bad, lemme just say the buildings aren’t sky scrapers but they’re beautiful and bright yellow, in contrast with the overcast weather and the typical heather gray and brown of NYCHA buildings. There’s a lot of construction still going on around the building. The windows have painters tape Xs on them which lets me know they’re either temp or not proofed yet. From my view, I only saw one window with lighting on inside it, didn’t seem like anyone moved in. It has finished fixtures like a dome ceiling light and the window right next to it had a dock lantern hanging from the ceiling aka typical construction stuff. They had the boards on the floor to protect finish tile and I saw a complete lobby and slip covers over the brass handles. I saw an electric door panel with the wheelchair sign on it, so maybe it’s an ADA compliant panel. It was illuminated and fully installed in the outdoor wall. However there are workers still installing finish from the truck I saw outside the 60 building, and there’s service weight cast iron stacked up outside suggesting there’s still underground work to be done to connect the 60 building to the sewers. 75 building looks a lot more advanced and the street is quieter as if all the activity is being shifted to 112th street. It’s in between a lot of schools and I honestly didn’t hear any Metro North activity in the ten minutes I spent circulating the blocks. I think once the street partitions for construction cars to drive in are removed, the whole area will be like 20 decibels quieter. To those who think the neighborhood is dirt, more for me! It’s ethnically rich, it’s familiar, at no point did I personally feel unsafe and seeing annoying school children reminds me of my youth as well as my growth. I’m from El Barrio anyhow. All in all, I really wanna live here…so bad I think I’m gonna start praying to Spirit I haven’t spoken to in a while. I’m gonna say, unless I can get responses from people who moved into their current buildings with active construction, we are 6ish months away from finality.

Old 03-31-2022, 10:28 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
the entire Sandero development won't be done until 2024-2025. the buildings that are going up now are Phase 1. The taller building, that they haven't even layed the foundation for, which will be on Madison, is gonna be done last. that's how it works. gotta be patient.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:16 PM

264 posts, read 312,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celialexington View Post
ALRIGHT! I had enough with waiting and I have an update. Just took a tour around the buildings and…they’re not done. It’s not all bad, lemme just say the buildings aren’t sky scrapers but they’re beautiful and bright yellow, in contrast with the overcast weather and the typical heather gray and brown of NYCHA buildings. There’s a lot of construction still going on around the building. The windows have painters tape Xs on them which lets me know they’re either temp or not proofed yet. From my view, I only saw one window with lighting on inside it, didn’t seem like anyone moved in. It has finished fixtures like a dome ceiling light and the window right next to it had a dock lantern hanging from the ceiling aka typical construction stuff. They had the boards on the floor to protect finish tile and I saw a complete lobby and slip covers over the brass handles. I saw an electric door panel with the wheelchair sign on it, so maybe it’s an ADA compliant panel. It was illuminated and fully installed in the outdoor wall. However there are workers still installing finish from the truck I saw outside the 60 building, and there’s service weight cast iron stacked up outside suggesting there’s still underground work to be done to connect the 60 building to the sewers. 75 building looks a lot more advanced and the street is quieter as if all the activity is being shifted to 112th street. It’s in between a lot of schools and I honestly didn’t hear any Metro North activity in the ten minutes I spent circulating the blocks. I think once the street partitions for construction cars to drive in are removed, the whole area will be like 20 decibels quieter. To those who think the neighborhood is dirt, more for me! It’s ethnically rich, it’s familiar, at no point did I personally feel unsafe and seeing annoying school children reminds me of my youth as well as my growth. I’m from El Barrio anyhow. All in all, I really wanna live here…so bad I think I’m gonna start praying to Spirit I haven’t spoken to in a while. I’m gonna say, unless I can get responses from people who moved into their current buildings with active construction, we are 6ish months away from finality.
I guess this is why log numbers haven’t been posted after a month of the lottery closing - they tend to post numbers when the buildings are finished, or not far off from getting there.

I absolutely love Harlem and know this area very well, as I attended Manhattan Center HS on 116th St. and had friends who grew up in the former Schomburg Plaza on 5th Ave & 110th. I’d have no problem living here…I prefer the tenor of neighborhoods filled with families and rich in culture. It works for me, lol.

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Old 03-31-2022, 04:51 PM

137 posts, read 146,899 times
Yeah I was wondering also why no log numbers, I applied for buildings that closed way after this development and I got a log number already.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:00 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,395,327 times
Thanks for the update! Was seriously getting impatient with this one and 302 East 2nd. Applications closed a while ago and no log numbers

Old 04-01-2022, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
the entire Sandero development won't be done until 2024-2025. the buildings that are going up now are Phase 1. The taller building, that they haven't even layed the foundation for, which will be on Madison, is gonna be done last. that's how it works. gotta be patient.
Yeah I saw that building across the street and it’s still basic foundation construction. I am hoping (although it’s not realistic) that the outside piping is actually for the second building but due to the completed nature and the finish work inside the first building, that they’re storing it outside because it’s not super cold and they don’t wanna damage the finish. Tbh I’m really riding on CB preference and I’ve no space to be preferential about which building hence why I’m trying to remain hopeful for a phase 1 move in.

Old 04-05-2022, 02:26 PM

43 posts, read 37,361 times
Log numbers out!

Old 04-05-2022, 02:34 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,395,327 times
Log # 68,XXX no hope LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery