Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 06:30 AM

178 posts, read 242,589 times

Advertisements

Thanks @stormgal , that seems fair. This way each new project allows new people to qualify rather than prioritizing prior "almost winners".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 10:37 AM

155 posts, read 169,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
Thank you so much Ashanti720!! Honestly I am STILL ANXIOUS lol. I don't think I will relax until I see the apartment and get told I can sign the lease. Technically if by the time they reach me if the apartments in my size are gone than I don't get it, but I am going to remain positive that I was approved by HPD and that it means there is an apartment meant to be for my little family waiting tight for us! My agent said it can take a couple weeks for them to call me with a viewing date so time to start praying they call me FAST so i can be out of my misery hahaha!
I know the feeling of not wanting to bother them, my agent is so kind every time I would tell her that she would say i'm not bother but I still felt bad with them handling so many applications. Def wait till tomorrow but not the weekend lol so that you aren't all tense all weekend. Sending the best vibes your way!!
Just Received My Email Of Getting Approved !!! Omggggg I’m soo Happy. I Though To Share My Experience With You. My Move In Date Is March 1st.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:41 AM

OMG @Ashanti720!! This is amazing news so happy for you yay!!!
I got approved by HPD and my agent told me on the 10th but I don't have a move-in date yet; she said I have to wait for them to call me for a viewing first... i'm excited but obviously still nervous. Did you get to see your apartment yet?

Old 02-15-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
OMG @Ashanti720!! This is amazing news so happy for you yay!!!
I got approved by HPD and my agent told me on the 10th but I don't have a move-in date yet; she said I have to wait for them to call me for a viewing first... i'm excited but obviously still nervous. Did you get to see your apartment yet?
Is Your Building Already Built ? Could That Be The Hold Up? I Just Asked If I Could See The Apartment Before March 1st. The Building Is Already Built .. It’s Just Me By Myself Moving In So I Know I Will Be Grateful Regarding The Sizing. Hopefully it’s Not So Small Because Studios Do Be a Little small Lol. But Fingers Crossed!!!

Old 02-15-2022, 10:51 AM

@Ashanti -The building I am waiting on is supposedly not move-in ready just yet... they told me mid to end of March it will be ready, so that's partially what's holding things up a bit. Also they are only scheduling viewings twice a week a couple hours each day and they have over 125 apartments to show so i imagine it takes a while before they call me to show me mine. I looked at my TIC document (the application that the agent sent to HPD for approval found in "my documents" in housing connect) and there is a unit number written on the application. So i'm praying that means that's a unit assigned to me.
Definitely schedule a viewing before signing your lease... of course we are so grateful and excited but you should always look at what you are signing for regardless of how much of a blessing it is lol. Aww i'm so happy for you!

Old 02-16-2022, 11:46 AM

@Ashanti720 , hey hun! Will you be able to view your apartment? I am curious if the unit on your TIC ends up being the one you get (since that's what I'm trying to figure out about the unit on my application). Let me know when you can! I am so happy for you, move in date is 2 weeks away i'm sure you're gonna be so busy trying to get that move ready!

Old 02-17-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
@Ashanti720 , hey hun! Will you be able to view your apartment? I am curious if the unit on your TIC ends up being the one you get (since that's what I'm trying to figure out about the unit on my application). Let me know when you can! I am so happy for you, move in date is 2 weeks away i'm sure you're gonna be so busy trying to get that move ready!
Heyyyyy QueensMom ! They Actually Sent Me My Lease And My Lease Says The Apartment Number and Address. I’m Going To View The Apartment This Saturday. So If I Like It I Will Sign The Lease. They Doing Everything Electronically Due To Covid. So Once I See If I’ll Sign And Have My First Month Rent and Security Before Due Before The 1st. It’s Super Affordable Too. Lower Than Thousand For My Rent. I Just Hope It’s Has Nice appliances. The Thing With This Apartment Was It Wasnt On The New Housing Connect Board. This Is a Lottery From 2019.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:09 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Heyyyyy QueensMom ! They Actually Sent Me My Lease And My Lease Says The Apartment Number and Address. I’m Going To View The Apartment This Saturday. So If I Like It I Will Sign The Lease. They Doing Everything Electronically Due To Covid. So Once I See If I’ll Sign And Have My First Month Rent and Security Before Due Before The 1st. It’s Super Affordable Too. Lower Than Thousand For My Rent. I Just Hope It’s Has Nice appliances. The Thing With This Apartment Was It Wasnt On The New Housing Connect Board. This Is a Lottery From 2019.
Wow, congratulations! Was this a mini lottery? You can see this if it is abbreviated as ML. Also, I'm curious to know if the apartment number next to the ML is the same one on your lease. I ask because I was asked to submit documents for a ML and wondering if that's the actual apartment to be won, if won lol

Old 02-17-2022, 12:20 PM

@Ashanti720 Ohhh that's pretty cool! The remote lease signing wow! And that sounds like an amazing rent price sheesh!! So happy for you!
I just got great news myself! I got called to view my apartment tomorrow! My agent said I will view a model unit, not "mine" (the one listed on my TIC) but I am so hype lol. I will keep you posted! And please let me know how it goes on Saturday for you

Old 02-17-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
@Ashanti720 Ohhh that's pretty cool! The remote lease signing wow! And that sounds like an amazing rent price sheesh!! So happy for you!
I just got great news myself! I got called to view my apartment tomorrow! My agent said I will view a model unit, not "mine" (the one listed on my TIC) but I am so hype lol. I will keep you posted! And please let me know how it goes on Saturday for you
I Was So Shocked When I Seen My Lease. I Was Like Wait Is This Real. I May Take It Just Because It’s Affordable Lol. I’m Sooo Happy Forrr Youuuuu !!!!! Omgggggg I Would Ask For You To Upload Pictures But I Think That’s a Lil Too Much Info Lol But If You Dont Mind.. , I Work Mon-Fri So I Was Happy They Could Accommodate Me Into The Weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: