Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 07:05 AM

178 posts, read 243,278 times

Advertisements

@Eddy809 Oh alright, it sucks you can't see the document but your agent called and did share that good news so just hold on to that! I don't think they would tell you that you were approved if you weren't so celebrate this win... because this process has so many steps we have to stay positive and just be happy each step of the way when something goes well Good luck to you and I wish you patience and peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 05:56 PM

37 posts, read 44,463 times
How long did your process take? My agent sent the documents to HPD, and I saw the TIC on my housing connect site. I guess it’s waiting from here on

Old 05-05-2022, 06:21 PM

@ambarvillar1 for me it took about a week for them to approve. I’m sure it varies but it seems to be common that its about that timeframe. Good luck and congrats!

Old 05-05-2022, 06:25 PM

Hopefully, since I’m CB preferred. I’m just exhausted that my process has just begun since once I hopefully get approved and see the unit. I have to go through the process with section 8 transfer.

Old 05-05-2022, 06:50 PM

Just be patient, you have CB which is excellent, it helps in all of this. Idk about the section 8 process but I’m sure it’ll be worth it when you have your new place, keep us updated

Old 05-05-2022, 07:59 PM

Yes deff will, and I’ll explain my process so far. Was contacted April 19th to submit documents, couple days later got asked for more documents. Agency submitted documents to HPD 5/5. I have a low log #9X and I am CB preff if that helps. Will update you guys.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:28 AM

70 posts, read 91,932 times
Your going to be fine, once they send you documents to HPD your one foot in the door because they won’t send your documents to be reviewed unless they have a unit available for you. Once everything checks out with HPD your good to go. Now that I think of it I applied to this building April 2021 and a year later still waiting for my lease signing so just be patient

Old 05-06-2022, 05:40 AM

36 posts, read 32,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acave123 View Post
Your going to be fine, once they send you documents to HPD your one foot in the door because they won’t send your documents to be reviewed unless they have a unit available for you. Once everything checks out with HPD your good to go. Now that I think of it I applied to this building April 2021 and a year later still waiting for my lease signing so just be patient
Over a year to sign the lease ??? Have you contacted the building management ? You must of been a backup in case someone was deny then cause ain’t no way it takes that long.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:00 AM

70 posts, read 91,932 times
No, the building was still in construction during the whole process, people just started moving in a week ago. So the process went slow because they couldn’t start approving ppl until building was close to done, I seen a model unit 2 months ago and the building was a hot mess, I’m talking hard hat zone. I don’t think we are talking about the same building, mine is the t building in queens

Old 05-06-2022, 06:25 AM

36 posts, read 32,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acave123 View Post
No, the building was still in construction during the whole process, people just started moving in a week ago. So the process went slow because they couldn’t start approving ppl until building was close to done, I seen a model unit 2 months ago and the building was a hot mess, I’m talking hard hat zone. I don’t think we are talking about the same building, mine is the t building in queens
Ahh I see now !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: