Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 05:37 PM

85 posts, read 79,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
Hi! How long was the process from when you got the request for docs - review complete? I submitted my docs last monday. my deadline as today but its been under review since I hit submit. I know this can take a bit so just hoping for an idea of sorts for processing time.

The building im up for is ready for move in.
Are you in a Mini Lottery?

I am currently in the process of one but I feel like im not going to get it. My anxiety was going through the roof and it still does by thinking about it. The housing agent said they won't review me documents until they reach my log number and i been here once before. I think im going to chuck up it as it wasn't mean't to be and move on!

But hopefully you have better luck than me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 07:20 PM

182 posts, read 222,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulguy12 View Post
Are you in a Mini Lottery?

I am currently in the process of one but I feel like im not going to get it. My anxiety was going through the roof and it still does by thinking about it. The housing agent said they won't review me documents until they reach my log number and i been here once before. I think im going to chuck up it as it wasn't mean't to be and move on!

But hopefully you have better luck than me
Nope not in a mini lotto. Honestly no idea what those are...if you could tell me?

Hope they reach you soon! this wait is torture on any end.

Thanks!!

Old 05-03-2022, 08:13 PM

85 posts, read 79,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
Nope not in a mini lotto. Honestly no idea what those are...if you could tell me?

Hope they reach you soon! this wait is torture on any end.

Thanks!!
Mini Lottery is a re-rental unit, one moved out and they randomly put people in a mini lottery with log numbers for that unit.

Yeah, I feel like I am a backup for lower log numbers who might not meet so I am stuck waiting and not sure how many are ahead of me.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:44 AM

178 posts, read 242,356 times
@busymom81 Not sure if you are waiting on the same building as me or not? I don't know if I caught that part. But in case it is I spoke to an agent yesterday who shared that they are calling people for lease signing in random order because not all the apartments are move-in ready, so they are calling people when their unit has been deemed ready for a move in. Just in case you're going for the same building and wondering stuff wanted to share

Old 05-04-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
@busymom81 Not sure if you are waiting on the same building as me or not? I don't know if I caught that part. But in case it is I spoke to an agent yesterday who shared that they are calling people for lease signing in random order because not all the apartments are move-in ready, so they are calling people when their unit has been deemed ready for a move in. Just in case you're going for the same building and wondering stuff wanted to share
Im waiting on Apex. 2 or 3 bedroom 50% ami my status is still under review so idk if theres more after that before lease appointment. this is all so new to me

Old 05-04-2022, 07:01 PM

Oh that’s a lovely complex! After under review HPD will approve you and it will say review complete! Sending you positive vibes and blessings! I think I read that the building is move in ready there so hopefully you won’t be waiting long!

Old 05-04-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Oh that’s a lovely complex! After under review HPD will approve you and it will say review complete! Sending you positive vibes and blessings! I think I read that the building is move in ready there so hopefully you won’t be waiting long!
it really is! I drove past it the other day just thinking. Ya know? lol I hope its soon. One woman ive messaged with on the feed said it took 3 months for her BUT she was contacted before it was ready so fingers crossed that means mine will go quickly. she moved in this week

Thank you!!! I hope you hear soon too!

For the review is it 3 different levels? The info they provide is so vague. I've literally sent everything except the affidavit of residency which I am sending this week since I dont have a lease I needed a notary statement.

They've been super quick to respond "received" when I email them. praying thats a positive sign someone is looking at all of it

Old 05-05-2022, 01:49 AM

36 posts, read 32,480 times
Quote:
It’s weird I got approved by HPD for a different building and it never changed to review completed the agent just called me .

Old 05-05-2022, 04:55 AM

@busymom81 I never had to send affidavits so it’s possible your building does things a bit different. I sent documents like 3 times before my packet (TIC) was sent to HPD. Once it was sent to HPD (the city) it was a waiting game, they approved it in like a week and the site updated to say review complete status which was when my agent told me I had been approved by HPD.
Just try and pace yourself lol I say that but I’m still stressing lol But really it’s lot of nerves so we gotta try to claim it and be patient

@Eddy809 I have read in a different thread that some peoples status didn’t change, so maybe for some it doesn’t? How did you find out you were approved? Did your agent just call and tell you? Also.., when you go to your housing connect … go to “my dashboard”, then go to the application of the building you were approved for , then click on “documents” under that (it should appear next to household) and there you might find the TIC document which is what your agent sends to HPD for review. I was able to see this document once it changed to review complete , idk if it would show before because I never tried before the status changed. But that might be insightful. The packet shows your unit number … the one the city is approving you for. Once agin I’ve read some people can’t see that document but it’s worth a try. It helped me calm down to see an actual unit number on there and know I was approved for it.

Old 05-05-2022, 05:07 AM

36 posts, read 32,480 times
Quote:
@busymom81 I never had to send affidavits so it’s possible your building does things a bit different. I sent documents like 3 times before my packet (TIC) was sent to HPD. Once it was sent to HPD (the city) it was a waiting game, they approved it in like a week and the site updated to say review complete status which was when my agent told me I had been approved by HPD.
Just try and pace yourself lol I say that but I’m still stressing lol But really it’s lot of nerves so we gotta try to claim it and be patient

@Eddy809 I have read in a different thread that some peoples status didn’t change, so maybe for some it doesn’t? How did you find out you were approved? Did your agent just call and tell you? Also.., when you go to your housing connect … go to “my dashboard”, then go to the application of the building you were approved for , then click on “documents” under that (it should appear next to household) and there you might find the TIC document which is what your agent sends to HPD for review. I was able to see this document once it changed to review complete , idk if it would show before because I never tried before the status changed. But that might be insightful. The packet shows your unit number … the one the city is approving you for. Once agin I’ve read some people can’t see that document but it’s worth a try. It helped me calm down to see an actual unit number on there and know I was approved for it.
Yes the agent called me around 9am to tell me the good news and my tic document was never uploaded into housing connect for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: