Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 01:42 PM

178 posts, read 243,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
I Was So Shocked When I Seen My Lease. I Was Like Wait Is This Real. I May Take It Just Because It’s Affordable Lol. I’m Sooo Happy Forrr Youuuuu !!!!! Omgggggg I Would Ask For You To Upload Pictures But I Think That’s a Lil Too Much Info Lol But If You Dont Mind.. , I Work Mon-Fri So I Was Happy They Could Accommodate Me Into The Weekend.
Hahaha I feel you! I am still in shock lol. I will upload something; i don't even know how to do that here tho lol. But I can try and figure it out lol. And that's great that they accommodated cause I didn't get that lol I work from home a couple days a week so tomorrow I will step out for my lunch and view the apartment lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 01:49 PM

70 posts, read 91,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
Hahaha I feel you! I am still in shock lol. I will upload something; i don't even know how to do that here tho lol. But I can try and figure it out lol. And that's great that they accommodated cause I didn't get that lol I work from home a couple days a week so tomorrow I will step out for my lunch and view the apartment lol
Omgggg QueenMom can’t believe you are about to view the apartment. I am still in contact with my agent, my log number haven’t been reached by HPD yet so still waiting for that approval but I am so happy for you. I hope the unit looks great. I am so curious since they haven’t uploaded pictures. Please update us on how the unit is. Thanks love

Old 02-17-2022, 02:54 PM

@acave123 thank you hun!! Praying you can get HPD approved soon and then view your apartment! I will update you on the unit right after I get back from the viewing! I am so so curious to see what it looks like lol. Although it will be a model unit and not mine I think all are the same for the designated bedroom size (all 2 bedrooms are the same, all 1 bedrooms are the same etc...). I have no idea what they look like inside and the suspense is killing me hahaha.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:33 PM

155 posts, read 169,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Wow, congratulations! Was this a mini lottery? You can see this if it is abbreviated as ML. Also, I'm curious to know if the apartment number next to the ML is the same one on your lease. I ask because I was asked to submit documents for a ML and wondering if that's the actual apartment to be won, if won lol
Hello Stormgal , Yeah It Was The Mini Lottery .. On The HPD Website They Be Having Apartments For Middle Income and Having Waiting List For These Apartments. It Was One Of Those Type Of Lotteries. I Was So Shocked. I Still Am Lmaooo.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:09 PM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Hello Stormgal , Yeah It Was The Mini Lottery .. On The HPD Website They Be Having Apartments For Middle Income and Having Waiting List For These Apartments. It Was One Of Those Type Of Lotteries. I Was So Shocked. I Still Am Lmaooo.
But was it the same apartment listed on the ML that’s on your lease?

I have rejected so many of them because the rent is pretty steep for 130 / 165.
But some look pretty nice and may be worth it!

Old 05-02-2022, 08:32 PM

182 posts, read 223,244 times
Quote:
@acave123 I just checked the site again and it says "review complete"; i called my agent and she said yes I was approved thank God Now I just have to wait for the developers to reach my application to call me to schedule a viewing. Man this thing is so nerve wrecking sheesh. She said it can take a couple weeks for that. Just wanted to share the update and send good vibes to you! Hopefully your status changes to complete status soon too!!
Hi! How long was the process from when you got the request for docs - review complete? I submitted my docs last monday. my deadline as today but its been under review since I hit submit. I know this can take a bit so just hoping for an idea of sorts for processing time.

The building im up for is ready for move in.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:20 AM

@busymom81 I was first called for documents the first week of November 2021, they asked me to send them documents a few times (things kept coming up like oh you used cash app or venmo so they’d ask for those statements). The building wasn’t move in ready though so I think that delayed things a lot. The supervisor of the agency approved my docs around mid December but didn’t send to HPD because building wasn’t move in ready and my particular building required HPD approval before showing units to possible tenants (some show even before city/HPD approval) so I got asked for more docs last week of January… everything all over again… they sent to HPD February 10th, the housing connect site updated the next day that my file was “under review” and on the 17th was when it finally said review complete (give or take a day or two cause I can’t remember exactly) so really it only took like a week once HPD had received my TIC packet from my agency for them to approve me. But the timelines on all these projects vary so so much. I still haven’t even signed my lease! The building was nearing completion which is why agency sent to HPD , I was scheduled to see a model unit a week after approval but the building delayed move in so it wasn’t until now literally like two weeks ago the building is somewhat move in ready … so I submitted more docs to agency (they won’t send to HPD again) but just for them to review all the financials haven’t changed in the last two months. Now waiting to get called for lease signing. So needless to say still on pins and needles. From November to Now!

Old 05-03-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
@busymom81 I was first called for documents the first week of November 2021, they asked me to send them documents a few times (things kept coming up like oh you used cash app or venmo so they’d ask for those statements). The building wasn’t move in ready though so I think that delayed things a lot. The supervisor of the agency approved my docs around mid December but didn’t send to HPD because building wasn’t move in ready and my particular building required HPD approval before showing units to possible tenants (some show even before city/HPD approval) so I got asked for more docs last week of January… everything all over again… they sent to HPD February 10th, the housing connect site updated the next day that my file was “under review” and on the 17th was when it finally said review complete (give or take a day or two cause I can’t remember exactly) so really it only took like a week once HPD had received my TIC packet from my agency for them to approve me. But the timelines on all these projects vary so so much. I still haven’t even signed my lease! The building was nearing completion which is why agency sent to HPD , I was scheduled to see a model unit a week after approval but the building delayed move in so it wasn’t until now literally like two weeks ago the building is somewhat move in ready … so I submitted more docs to agency (they won’t send to HPD again) but just for them to review all the financials haven’t changed in the last two months. Now waiting to get called for lease signing. So needless to say still on pins and needles. From November to Now!
oh my what a journey!! I know from another feed that they are doing move ins to the building I'm up for so fingers crossed this goes as quickly as possible. In my mind I'm praying for June-ish which would be around 8+ weeks of the process. I submitted my docs April 19th. Im such a pre-planner so having nothing to do right now is so hard! I'm creating amazon lists for just ideas of what I could possibly need.

Thanks for replying!! I hope you lease signing is so so soon!!! Congratulations on getting through it all!

Old 05-03-2022, 08:15 AM

Yes, lol, the waiting is the hardest part. I am also a planner and it's definitely tested me in many ways to have to accept that most things are out of my hands so once I have completed what is asked of me I simply have to sit back and let God in a way. Very very hard lol. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you too! Please update when you got your apartment! Always helps to see a happy ending and gives everyone hope.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, lol, the waiting is the hardest part. I am also a planner and it's definitely tested me in many ways to have to accept that most things are out of my hands so once I have completed what is asked of me I simply have to sit back and let God in a way. Very very hard lol. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you too! Please update when you got your apartment! Always helps to see a happy ending and gives everyone hope.
Doing my best to let go and let God but its definitely a struggle! You're welcome! and thank you too I will definitely update when things get moving and hopefully a move in date sooner than later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: