Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 09:18 AM

178 posts, read 242,190 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone know what the "under review" status means on the housing connect 2 portal? It says "last updated 01/27/22", I know my application was sent for HPD final approval mid January so does that last updated date mean someone took a peek at my application or that's just when it was received by HPD? Also... how long does it usually take for them to review it and make a decision? Like what are they reviewing exactly cause this is like the "final approval" not really sure what that means lol.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 10:26 AM

70 posts, read 91,536 times
Hi ! From what I heard when I checked in with the person that processed my paperwork. That means HPD has began to review your documents finally. It would switched from under review to complete when they are done. Also I was told that HPD is currently viewing all preferences right now. They have not began to review general population yet (me). For example my documents have been submitted over three weeks ago but because I have no preferences they have not been viewed yet by HPD, my profile still says “pending appointment” even thought I am way ahead. Hang in there, u are almost at the finish line.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:12 AM

Thanks! I thought it was just me lol, i found it weird my housing connect status still said "pending appointment" up until it changed to that under review on the 27th. But hopefully yes it means I will be contacted soon. I hope you are going for one or two bedrooms as I noticed they have a lot of apartments for that 60% AMI! Hopefully that means you will be called soon after the preferences I'm so curious what the inside of apartments look like lol I wish they had posted some updated pics sheesh.

Good luck to you and i'll post updates here if anything changes!

Old 02-10-2022, 09:37 AM

@acave123 I just checked the site again and it says "review complete"; i called my agent and she said yes I was approved thank God Now I just have to wait for the developers to reach my application to call me to schedule a viewing. Man this thing is so nerve wrecking sheesh. She said it can take a couple weeks for that. Just wanted to share the update and send good vibes to you! Hopefully your status changes to complete status soon too!!

Old 02-10-2022, 10:36 AM

70 posts, read 91,536 times
@QueensMom02 Great, glad the approval came through. Hopefully you get a call ASAP to view apartment. I wish they had actual pictures up lol. Thank you, looking forward to my approval.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:38 AM

155 posts, read 169,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
@acave123 I just checked the site again and it says "review complete"; i called my agent and she said yes I was approved thank God Now I just have to wait for the developers to reach my application to call me to schedule a viewing. Man this thing is so nerve wrecking sheesh. She said it can take a couple weeks for that. Just wanted to share the update and send good vibes to you! Hopefully your status changes to complete status soon too!!
Congratsssss !!! I’m Sooo Happy For You!!! That Anxious Feeling Is Now Gone. Lol.

I’m Still Waiting To Hear Back. I Want To Email The Agent But I Think I’ll Wait Until Tomorrow Evening To Say Something. I Don’t Want To Look Like A Annoying Bug Lol. I Gave Her My Information On MONDAY. So Friday Should Be a Ideal Time To Follow Up.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:49 AM

Thank you so much Ashanti720!! Honestly I am STILL ANXIOUS lol. I don't think I will relax until I see the apartment and get told I can sign the lease. Technically if by the time they reach me if the apartments in my size are gone than I don't get it, but I am going to remain positive that I was approved by HPD and that it means there is an apartment meant to be for my little family waiting tight for us! My agent said it can take a couple weeks for them to call me with a viewing date so time to start praying they call me FAST so i can be out of my misery hahaha!
I know the feeling of not wanting to bother them, my agent is so kind every time I would tell her that she would say i'm not bother but I still felt bad with them handling so many applications. Def wait till tomorrow but not the weekend lol so that you aren't all tense all weekend. Sending the best vibes your way!!

Old 02-10-2022, 02:39 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
That is great. I hope you get it and get it soon. Here is a question I don’t know the answer to. Let’s say you apply to another similar lottery. Will HPD approve you more quickly because you recently were approved for a similar lottery?

Old 02-10-2022, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the well wishes @WildAboutHarry! That's a good question I honestly have no idea lol. I have only applied to like 5 locations, all in queens and this is the first and only time I got called back, let alone gotten this far in the process. For now im remaining positive and confident that this is meant for my family. If the time comes and it was not for me I will def ask if I would be considered faster in the future process due to already having gone through HPD review. I think I read something about re-rentals and waiting list tho... so maybe that's a thing?

Old 02-10-2022, 04:22 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
That is great. I hope you get it and get it soon. Here is a question I don’t know the answer to. Let’s say you apply to another similar lottery. Will HPD approve you more quickly because you recently were approved for a similar lottery?
Nope! They go through each case individually as all projects are not the same. Someone may recognize your name but the paperwork is examined thoroughly again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: