Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 11:17 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times

Advertisements

I love your walk-in closet! Congrats on your new home!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2022 View Post
The apartment is small. (Small bedroom and small living room but it's good enough for 2 people) The office manager said it suit a single person.
I wish they could do some floors are non-smoking.

NO. I smell the smoke in the hallway. When I get in to the locker. I don't smell it, but it's very bad though they just moved in last week. It's gonna be worse after months and after years.

I emailed her back with my concern but haven't heard from her yet since yesterday lol.. THis is weird. Normally she is very tentative and reply back right away.

I video it. YOu can see it from here.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jenpv124/vid...from_webapp=v1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 11:21 AM

71 posts, read 64,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I love your walk-in closet! Congrats on your new home!!!
Thank you. Now I'm still waiting to hear back from them. THe smoking is really a big turn down. Hopefully my neighbors don't smoke. WIsh me luck.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:22 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,398,120 times
Quote:
The apartment is small. (Small bedroom and small living room but it's good enough for 2 people) The office manager said it suit a single person.
I wish they could do some floors are non-smoking.

NO. I smell the smoke in the hallway. When I get in to the locker. I don't smell it, but it's very bad though they just moved in last week. It's gonna be worse after months and after years.

I emailed her back with my concern but haven't heard from her yet since yesterday lol.. THis is weird. Normally she is very tentative and reply back right away.

I video it. YOu can see it from here.

https://www.tiktok.com/@jenpv124/vid...from_webapp=v1
The view is really nice! the kitchen....is TINY wow...

& truly a shame about the smell :/

Does the bedroom have a closet as well I couldnt tell where the walk in was

Old 09-30-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagirlkat View Post
Wow, this is very disappointing. My tour is set for next Tuesday. I don't have any updated information about the unit I will check it out on Tuesday and let you know the details.
Look on the subject line of the email they sent you. The unit number that you're assigned on there.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
The view is really nice! the kitchen....is TINY wow...

& truly a shame about the smell :/
It's so tiny and there is no space to prep the food actually. They expect us to eat out or get prepared meals?
THe problem is I love cooking and baking and I have lots off kitchen appliances all tishe sous vide to food processor, kitchen aid stand mixer, blender, instant pot, kitchen aid multi-cooker, etc.......

Old 09-30-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
It's so tiny and there is no space to prep the food actually. They expect us to eat out or get prepared meals?
THe problem is I love cooking and baking and I have lots off kitchen appliances all tishe sous vide to food processor, kitchen aid stand mixer, blender, instant pot, kitchen aid multi-cooker, etc.......
same, I wonder if all the units have kitchens like that. I thought that was for the studio. seems like its in a hallway

Old 09-30-2022, 11:36 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
An interesting history of this building

https://untappedcities.com/2020/09/1...ess-dormitory/

Old 09-30-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
same, I wonder if all the units have kitchens like that. I thought that was for the studio. seems like its in a hallway
All the kitchen are the same except the studio, they has more a prep counter on the side because they don't have a bedroom so it's more space than the kitchen in one bedroom

Old 09-30-2022, 11:39 AM

213 posts, read 216,108 times
Quote:
the views are amazing!!! i really hope they address your concerns about that smoke smell cos i can only imagine how bad it can get, esp if carpets are in the halls...

have you been sent to hpd/hdc yet? or you have only seen the unit and selected?

Old 09-30-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
All the kitchen are the same except the studio, they has more a prep counter on the side because they don't have a bedroom so it's more space than the kitchen in one bedroom
Good to know, ty for sharing with us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery