Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 07:18 AM

75 posts, read 96,210 times

Advertisements

Yea, I think that's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Ohhh ok I think that makes sense. I was also thinking that maybe the building has gas heating, hence why cooking gas is also included.
Maybe what you’re paying is to run the fan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 11:48 PM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
An update on my appeal situation —

all they have left are very small 1BR (N) and small studios (R, plus a handful of others on floors 2-3). I’m not sure why I was shown an F unit.
Just did a measurement for the N units. On measuring, they seem much more reasonable than “Trio” in LIC.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxurySeeker34 View Post
Yes this is probably it... Housing Settlement fund seem to be managing this and have given a nice tentative timeline which is nice.

Reside give you false hope.
‘Looks like HSF gave the fakest of hopes, nowhere NEAR their timeline. Total $h!tsh0w. Was hoping to get into this by the time my lease ends, at the end of 2022. But these people are under 600 logs right now, and I am at 14xx. Grr.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:45 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Just did a measurement for the N units. On measuring, they seem much more reasonable than “Trio” in LIC.
Honestly they seem small at first but at least for me, when I started placing my furniture I felt like the space was pretty good. Plus the bathrooms in this building are huge and the closet space is pretty nice

Old 11-23-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Honestly they seem small at first but at least for me, when I started placing my furniture I felt like the space was pretty good. Plus the bathrooms in this building are huge and the closet space is pretty nice
Yeah that’s what i am saying as well, specially after seeing “trio”

Old 11-23-2022, 08:18 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Quote:
I actually like this floor plan! Would work beautifully for me

Old 11-23-2022, 04:26 PM

33 posts, read 30,750 times
Was worried about the 1br I was moving into (P unit) but honestly there’s so much kitchen cabinet space and bathroom storage space that despite it being smaller than my last place it honestly feels bigger and is plenty big for us!

Old 11-24-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agk43 View Post
Was worried about the 1br I was moving into (P unit) but honestly there’s so much kitchen cabinet space and bathroom storage space that despite it being smaller than my last place it honestly feels bigger and is plenty big for us!
Yes, P units are better as well, larger living room and bedroom too! I’ve passed up about 3 lottery apts so far to hold out for this place, I estimate they’ll probably reach out Q2 of next year going at the rate they’re going.

Does anyone know if income changes AFTER they have requested and received your documents, if that affects your eligibility, especially if you will be priced out completely?

Old 11-24-2022, 07:44 AM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Yes, P units are better as well, larger living room and bedroom too! I’ve passed up about 3 lottery apts so far to hold out for this place, I estimate they’ll probably reach out Q2 of next year going at the rate they’re going.

Does anyone know if income changes AFTER they have requested and received your documents, if that affects your eligibility, especially if you will be priced out completely?
before HPD approves you, your TIC (tenant income certification) is updated the agency will request the latest financial info (paystubs, bank accounts, other earnings and your total income on the TIC must fall within the min and max ami band on the development , even a $ over is grounds for ineligibility)

Old 11-24-2022, 09:23 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
When I toured the building there was only one P 1 bedroom. The rest were N
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery