Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2022, 10:14 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times

Advertisements

My application was put back in process. I wish I knew what that meant in terms of timing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 06:58 PM

In your experience how long after you won your appeal did you get contacted again?
I just got asked for documents with a very low number for another building but am still hoping for this one. But this is moving at a very slow pace

Old 10-09-2022, 09:50 PM

137 posts, read 146,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
In your experience how long after you won your appeal did you get contacted again?
I just got asked for documents with a very low number for another building but am still hoping for this one. But this is moving at a very slow pace
I'm so glad you posted about your situation, I was just concerned similar will happen to me, I have many applications open and I and I just got hired for a new job with a much bigger salary then what I was making, I will still have my voucher though I think but I haven't started working yet but any day now, and I was worried that when I change income on site, My W2 is going to be mostly from part-time job I have right now, that I am going to leave once I get start date from new job but new job is practically at the end of year. W2 is not going to match old job yearly income because of new job starting right before year closes and new job income on site won't match W2 because I didn't work whole year argh!! its going to be a mess if I even get lucky to get called for documents. I've been so long and now I might get disqualified because I found new job.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:24 AM

5 posts, read 3,264 times
I have log #400-410, but was never asked to submit documents. Seems people with higher numbers were already asked. I check HC regularly, and the status has never changed as well, so not likely that I missed the email in my spam folder. What gives?

Old 10-17-2022, 09:49 AM

40 posts, read 36,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFS8888 View Post
I have log #400-410, but was never asked to submit documents. Seems people with higher numbers were already asked. I check HC regularly, and the status has never changed as well, so not likely that I missed the email in my spam folder. What gives?
I don't think we'll ever know, truthfully - I imagine its a combination if someone has CB preference, their family composition and AMI

Old 10-17-2022, 10:27 AM

That's strange. There is no CB for this lottery. Are you looking to get a 2 bed? cause maybe they don't have anymore.
I haven't seen anyone with a log over 300 say they have been contacted on this thread.

Old 10-17-2022, 11:48 AM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Yeah, this is moving slower than molasses - i got a 14xx log no, at this rate they’ll contact me next year around this time.

Old 10-17-2022, 03:31 PM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Yeah, this is moving slower than molasses - i got a 14xx log no, at this rate they’ll contact me next year around this time.
They wrote back - they are saying FOUR to SIX months for the whole process.

Old 10-17-2022, 11:04 PM

5 posts, read 3,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
That's strange. There is no CB for this lottery. Are you looking to get a 2 bed? cause maybe they don't have anymore.
I haven't seen anyone with a log over 300 say they have been contacted on this thread.
Looking for Studio/1BR

Old 10-19-2022, 06:47 AM

I went to see the apartments the other day. They look just like they do in the virtual tours.
The agent said there are about 15 left. Mostly the 1 bed ending in N, one that ends in P (probably gone by now) and studios A and R, but mostly R. Apparently the studios in this building are more popular than the 1 beds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery