Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2022, 06:59 AM

229 posts, read 241,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
I went to see the apartments the other day. They look just like they do in the virtual tours.
The agent said there are about 15 left. Mostly the 1 bed ending in N, one that ends in P (probably gone by now) and studios A and R, but mostly R. Apparently the studios in this building are more popular than the 1 beds.
They must have a better view . I noticed that eagle west studios are very nice .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 07:07 AM

644 posts, read 734,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
They must have a better view . I noticed that eagle west studios are very nice .
Yeah the studios are closer to the water and look brighter. N is towards the back but I don’t think the problem is the view, it’s that the bedroom is really small. One of the studios they were offering Q, had an enclosed sleeping area that looks bigger than the bedroom

Old 10-19-2022, 11:05 AM

75 posts, read 96,288 times
That’s disappointing to hear. :/ I wonder if they’re having a hard time filling market rate apartments too. It boggles my mind that developers move forward with these, not just small, but also weirdly shaped floor plans.

I still haven’t heard back on my appeal…

Quote:
I went to see the apartments the other day. They look just like they do in the virtual tours.
The agent said there are about 15 left. Mostly the 1 bed ending in N, one that ends in P (probably gone by now) and studios A and R, but mostly R. Apparently the studios in this building are more popular than the 1 beds.

Old 10-19-2022, 06:22 PM

40 posts, read 36,083 times
Not sure if anyone else got an email, but I am number 1,xxx - and got asked to submit docs and nothing else in terms of follow up. I got an email stating they are only reaching out to people with log number 590 and below.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
For those of you that have gone through the process for One Blue Slip, how long did the different stages take until lease signing? Trying to gauge what I should expect because I have a semi-decent chance at a couple other lotteries. Weird game of chance to play lol.

I submitted my appeal today so we’ll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Was your appeal approved?
Btw when I appealed I didn't hear back that my appeal was approved, I just kept checking HC and one day it said my application was put back in the process. So I immediately started emailing them.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:24 PM

75 posts, read 96,288 times
Still nothing. And they won’t respond to voicemails or emails. Just silence. I’ve been checking HC regularly too.

Quote:
Was your appeal approved?
Btw when I appealed I didn't hear back that my appeal was approved, I just kept checking HC and one day it said my application was put back in the process. So I immediately started emailing them.

Old 10-22-2022, 09:45 AM

33 posts, read 30,775 times
I did my virtual interview and building tour a few weeks back, and then submitted additional notarized documentation as requested. This week (4 days ago) we were assigned a unit and signed some other docs (pre-lease, confirmation of assets, another agreement about not subletting, etc) all with the unit we were assigned on it. Does this mean our chances are good at this point? Does anyone know generally where we are in the process/ how close to the end? Still trying not to get my hopes up too much but would appreciate any insight anyone can offer!

Old 10-22-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agk43 View Post
I did my virtual interview and building tour a few weeks back, and then submitted additional notarized documentation as requested. This week (4 days ago) we were assigned a unit and signed some other docs (pre-lease, confirmation of assets, another agreement about not subletting, etc) all with the unit we were assigned on it. Does this mean our chances are good at this point? Does anyone know generally where we are in the process/ how close to the end? Still trying not to get my hopes up too much but would appreciate any insight anyone can offer!
I would say start packing. After this they submit it to developers review and then final review by the city. That could take a couple of days but it also could take like a week

Old 10-22-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I would say start packing. After this they submit it to developers review and then final review by the city. That could take a couple of days but it also could take like a week

Old 10-22-2022, 10:50 AM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
Usually once they assign a unit they are getting your packet ready for HPD approval. You’re on the finalll step! Congrats. I know how nerve wracking this whole process is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery