Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 04:49 PM

33 posts, read 30,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinefx View Post
Yes, P units are better as well, larger living room and bedroom too! I’ve passed up about 3 lottery apts so far to hold out for this place, I estimate they’ll probably reach out Q2 of next year going at the rate they’re going.

Does anyone know if income changes AFTER they have requested and received your documents, if that affects your eligibility, especially if you will be priced out completely?
Yes like someone else just mentioned - before your file is submitted for approval they’re going to request all updated documents plus a few additional notarized documents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 06:15 AM

92 posts, read 79,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agk43 View Post
Yes like someone else just mentioned - before your file is submitted for approval they’re going to request all updated documents plus a few additional notarized documents!
In your opinion, do you think this building and the apt you won is truly “lottery status”? I just spent a few mins in the area and it seemed so much better than LIC, where I had just come from. Also, do you know how many sq feet the P and N lines are?

Old 11-28-2022, 08:37 AM

75 posts, read 96,210 times
Quote:
Just did a measurement for the N units. On measuring, they seem much more reasonable than “Trio” in LIC.
Is this a high or low floor N? The Ns they have available are around floors 18-22. Those are smaller than what you measured. Just a heads up.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
Is this a high or low floor N? The Ns they have available are around floors 18-22. Those are smaller than what you measured. Just a heads up.
That’s interesting, which only means their own measuring tool is inaccurate, since thats what i used.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
I think this was a low floor N.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:22 PM

75 posts, read 96,210 times
Quote:
I think this was a low floor N.
Layouts below floor 10 are different from the others of the same letter (some larger some smaller). So I don’t think the measurements were inaccurate, it was just a different layout. Look at the floorplans for N units on floors 10-26 on streeteasy.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:32 PM

33 posts, read 30,750 times
Quote:
In your opinion, do you think this building and the apt you won is truly “lottery status”? I just spent a few mins in the area and it seemed so much better than LIC, where I had just come from. Also, do you know how many sq feet the P and N lines are?
In my opinion 10000%. I love the area and the building in my experience has been amazing so far. The apartment itself is great and I’m almost positive it’s the exact same as market value apartments - amazing appliances and great cabinets/storage and just a really nice apartment. The building is also awesome and feels very upscale and zen. TBH I still don’t believe it’s real lol. The building staff is very nice and communicative too.

Is it the biggest apartment? Definitely not - but I came from a much bigger non luxury apartment (old, no laundry or amenities etc) and we’ve had no issues with space and storage (there is tons of bathroom storage and pretty good kitchen storage) and the apartment and building don’t even compare lol. I’m on the P line - not sure of the square footage but it certainly doesn’t feel small for the 1 bedroom between my partner and I.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agk43 View Post
In my opinion 10000%. I love the area and the building in my experience has been amazing so far. The apartment itself is great and I’m almost positive it’s the exact same as market value apartments - amazing appliances and great cabinets/storage and just a really nice apartment. The building is also awesome and feels very upscale and zen. TBH I still don’t believe it’s real lol. The building staff is very nice and communicative too.

Is it the biggest apartment? Definitely not - but I came from a much bigger non luxury apartment (old, no laundry or amenities etc) and we’ve had no issues with space and storage (there is tons of bathroom storage and pretty good kitchen storage) and the apartment and building don’t even compare lol. I’m on the P line - not sure of the square footage but it certainly doesn’t feel small for the 1 bedroom between my partner and I.
Yeah, i’m in the same situation, paying about $800 less than market in my 2 b/r RS apt, but no amenities. Thanks for your feedback, it’s basically what I thought as well. Now if I only don’t get priced out before when/if they call me.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:19 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
I still can't believe I live here. It feels so unreal waking up every morning and looking out the window. Very happy with the building, my apartment and the area. I used to walk to the Greenpoint landing area and exercise there. I had applied to The Bellslip and I saw this building and was like hmmm I think I prefer this one. So I kinda manifested it lol

Old 11-29-2022, 10:35 AM

603 posts, read 598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
I still can't believe I live here. It feels so unreal waking up every morning and looking out the window. Very happy with the building, my apartment and the area. I used to walk to the Greenpoint landing area and exercise there. I had applied to The Bellslip and I saw this building and was like hmmm I think I prefer this one. So I kinda manifested it lol
Congrats!!! It's the best feeling in the world! I'm 2 years in and still feeling it too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery