Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM

39 posts, read 25,083 times

Advertisements

I never heard of the city releasing any information freely as to what they have available or not. I assume if they contact you its because they have something open? maybe someone's lease ended and that's why they reached out to me? did they contact you and then at the end told you they have nothing? why would they tell you they have nothing available (you lost me there)
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 06:52 PM

275 posts, read 204,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccyn7 View Post
I never heard of the city releasing any information freely as to what they have available or not. I assume if they contact you its because they have something open? maybe someone's lease ended and that's why they reached out to me? did they contact you and then at the end told you they have nothing? why would they tell you they have nothing available (you lost me there)
I contacted them asking AROUND (an estimation)how many units available and asking around what log# they are up to.

I did NOT say they told me they have nothing available.
They advised that currently there are ONLY STUDIOS left and only for 40% AMI . (Studios left that are NOT leased yet )

Old 03-18-2024, 06:59 PM

I will def keep you updated as to what they tell me. Can you let me know when was it that you asked them for what units are available? like what month did you ask them? and also, did they tell you what log # they were up to?

Old 03-18-2024, 07:19 PM

275 posts, read 204,209 times
Quote:
I will def keep you updated as to what they tell me. Can you let me know when was it that you asked them for what units are available? like what month did you ask them? and also, did they tell you what log # they were up to?
I contacted Friday and today . They did not answer me for log#.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:42 AM

Just an update !!
Building emailed me on 3/12 to submit documents
3/13- I submitted documents
3/22-Management emailed me directly for additional documents.
**THEY WERE SUPERRR RESPONSIVE. LITERALLY ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS I HAD. THE LOTTERY APT I AM IN NOW STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTINS & I BEEN HERE OVER A YEAR.**
3/25- TODAY I SUBMITED THE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS. MY DEADLINE IS FOR TOMORROW 3/26 SO THEY ARE DEFINETLY MOVING AT A FAST SPEED! VERY IMPRESSED AT HOW RESPONSIVE AND HELPFUL THEY HAVE BEEN IN SUCH A SHORT TIME!

Old 03-25-2024, 11:36 AM

172 posts, read 129,419 times
Congrats! Good luck throughout your process.

For those of us in other AMI’s like 60% & 100% I’m wondering if we will automatically be on a waitlist or just under pending? I’m log 1,4xx but my AMI is out of apartments.

Old 03-25-2024, 01:43 PM

63 posts, read 88,765 times
Quote:
Just an update !!
Building emailed me on 3/12 to submit documents
3/13- I submitted documents
3/22-Management emailed me directly for additional documents.
**THEY WERE SUPERRR RESPONSIVE. LITERALLY ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS I HAD. THE LOTTERY APT I AM IN NOW STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTINS & I BEEN HERE OVER A YEAR.**
3/25- TODAY I SUBMITED THE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS. MY DEADLINE IS FOR TOMORROW 3/26 SO THEY ARE DEFINETLY MOVING AT A FAST SPEED! VERY IMPRESSED AT HOW RESPONSIVE AND HELPFUL THEY HAVE BEEN IN SUCH A SHORT TIME!
Sounds like you're going to get it! Yay for the 1k+ log numbers. What's your AMI? and are you seeking a studio or 1bedroom?

Old 03-25-2024, 01:53 PM

so right now they only have studios left. My AMI is 40%
I wanted a 1/2 bedroom but she did tell me she can leave my place in line for a bigger unit. Studios are very small. Either way I will see if I get approved and take a look at it.

Old 03-25-2024, 04:27 PM

504 posts, read 459,973 times
I can’t believe basically CB got all the hood apts lol my log number was low for this one too

Old 03-26-2024, 05:31 PM

17 posts, read 12,254 times
Quote:
so right now they only have studios left. My AMI is 40%
I wanted a 1/2 bedroom but she did tell me she can leave my place in line for a bigger unit. Studios are very small. Either way I will see if I get approved and take a look at it.
Congratulations on your new apartment

Could you please tell us what is your log number?? I am curious to know if I will be contacted soon since my log number is 114x / 100%AMI / 2BED
Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery