Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 07:42 AM

11 posts, read 13,181 times

Advertisements

I recieved an email to submit documents for this lottery on October 15th. When I go on to the housing connect website, it says "submission window expired" Has anyone missed the window to submit their documents? I sent an email to the info on the contact Tab and I have called directly. I am hoping I still have a chance to give in my documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 07:45 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C56G View Post
I recieved an email to submit documents for this lottery on October 15th. When I go on to the housing connect website, it says "submission window expired" Has anyone missed the window to submit their documents? I sent an email to the info on the contact Tab and I have called directly. I am hoping I still have a chance to give in my documents.
Yes! That happened to me and I appealed and won. I don’t know if that’s a common practice, maybe I got lucky

Old 11-09-2022, 08:01 AM

11 posts, read 13,181 times
Wow. Good for you. Ive been through this process a couple of times but I never missed the document submission deadline Ok what are the steps I have to take. Or do I wait for them to contact me?

Thank for you help

Old 11-09-2022, 08:51 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Wow. Good for you. Ive been through this process a couple of times but I never missed the document submission deadline Ok what are the steps I have to take. Or do I wait for them to contact me?

Thank for you help
Hope you still get a chance to resubmit. Do you mind sharing your log# and do you have any prefs?

We have a spreadsheet here to help us track their moving process:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Nn8hrKBtY/edit

Thank you!

Old 11-09-2022, 09:01 AM

19 posts, read 26,768 times
has anyone heard back after submitting documents? It’s impossible to get in touch with them

Old 11-09-2022, 09:04 AM

50 posts, read 69,625 times
Quote:

Thank for you help
What’s your log number?
You need to contact them asap because your deadline has passed. It states in the HPD handbook:

Applicants who do not respond within the first five days shall be sent a second and final eligibility notice, reminding the applicant of their deadline date.
ii. If the applicant does not respond within the allotted timeframe, the Marketing Agent may send a rejection notice.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:15 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelonqueen11 View Post
has anyone heard back after submitting documents? It’s impossible to get in touch with them
I remember you were one of the people who got contacted first. Was hoping you had more information for us.

Btw, they took almost two months to release the logs I think it’s kinda standard speed for them now

Old 11-09-2022, 09:34 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Yes! That happened to me and I appealed and won. I don’t know if that’s a common practice, maybe I got lucky
Did you actually completely miss the initial deadline, as in, the initial 10 business days passed and you hadn't submitted anything? What was the basis for your appeal?

Old 11-09-2022, 10:12 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Did you actually completely miss the initial deadline, as in, the initial 10 business days passed and you hadn't submitted anything? What was the basis for your appeal?
No, I guess my case is different. What I missed was the second document request when they give you 5 days. The email went to spam and I didn't realize until I got formally rejected

Old 11-09-2022, 10:06 PM

30 posts, read 35,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strm777 View Post
Whats your log #? If you don't mind sharing
I'm #7xx but haven't heard anything. I've been refreshing my email like crazy, checking the housing connect website, and checking spam as well lol I am not CB though so I am thinking they are still processing through CB first? There's so many apartments to fill I'm hoping they'll at least get to the low log #s for general population, but it's just so hard to know. If anyone is NOT in CB and already got contacted for documents please post so the rest of us can know where they are at in the process Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery