Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 12:10 PM

19 posts, read 15,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala land View Post
I got an email today stating my 1BR layout (w/ kitchen island) is 568sqft
You have a much better layout than the one me and AriNYC saw in my opinion. having the kitchen island is huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 01:02 PM

59 posts, read 64,756 times
Quote:
Whose foot are these Sq ftage using? I hope they are not child’s foot

Old 05-04-2023, 02:21 PM

72 posts, read 78,338 times
Quote:
I pushed so hard for that layout. I think you got the last one set aside for CB.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:07 PM

62 posts, read 88,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
I’m confused. Are they out of 1bedrooms for CB just for other preferences? Also I know when I called they mentioned they are still in the 5-7k range for CB but how many units are filled already and are they doing 50% or each AMI or total number of apartments>> I’ve seen other project where they fill up 50% of the units to CB in any order not 50 of each AMI
I’ve never seen apartment lottery units fill up this fast, like ever. Especially considering there’s over 60 apartments available for 1 bedrooms AMI’s. It’s possible they’re actually out of 1 bedrooms, or they’re just saying that. It’s also possible the rest of of the 1 bedrooms are for the higher floors, or the part of the building that’s not move in ready.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:36 PM

30 posts, read 31,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
I pushed so hard for that layout. I think you got the last one set aside for CB.
How do they choose who gets what kind of layout? I honestly never knew we could choose a specific layout.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:46 PM

248 posts, read 219,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
I’ve never seen apartment lottery units fill up this fast, like ever. Especially considering there’s over 60 apartments available for 1 bedrooms AMI’s. It’s possible they’re actually out of 1 bedrooms, or they’re just saying that. It’s also possible the rest of of the 1 bedrooms are for the higher floors, or the part of the building that’s not move in ready.
Am wondering if the 1bdrm OP is talking about is in their preference like mobility vision or the preference that they are in are out of 1 bdrms

Last edited by Denellis; 05-04-2023 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Erro

Old 05-04-2023, 09:38 PM

62 posts, read 88,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denellis View Post
Am wondering if the 1bdrm OP is talking about is in their preference like mobility vision or the preference that they are in are out of 1 bdrms
I guess will know in a couple of weeks. Maybe they set aside a certain number of apartments for preferences in each AMI. Again, will know in a couple of weeks if/when someone is offered a 1 bedroom.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:25 AM

72 posts, read 78,338 times
Quote:
How do they choose who gets what kind of layout? I honestly never knew we could choose a specific layout.
It’s random. They don’t know what layout the apartment is, just the number/floor and what type it is (Studio, 1 BR). I just found out what line the island layout was and asked if it was available.

I’m assuming since this is the better/bigger layout they offered these first and now what’s left is the layout I have or at the time they don’t have island layouts to offer because they’re not ready on the remaining floors.

Who knows… I’m content with this option now lol and excited to move forward! That view definitely makes up for the size. Hoping my file is sent to HPD today!

Old 05-05-2023, 07:53 AM

7 posts, read 7,097 times
Hi everyone!
I got a notification from housing connect requesting documents. I have CB # 10,xxx

Old 05-05-2023, 08:22 AM

44 posts, read 44,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barely_here View Post
Hi everyone!
I got a notification from housing connect requesting documents. I have CB # 10,xxx
congrats!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery