Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 11:37 AM

41 posts, read 43,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
Wow, that’s good to know! Thank you!

Another update, status updated to review complete! Hoping this means approved and I hear from management today on next steps!
Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 02:19 PM

59 posts, read 65,225 times
Quote:
Wow, that’s good to know! Thank you!

Another update, status updated to review complete! Hoping this means approved and I hear from management today on next steps!

Congratulations

Old 05-08-2023, 02:26 PM

250 posts, read 251,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Hi Ispynyc! Have you moved in? How has it been moving stuff to the apartment? Did you need to book the elevator and submit a COI even for big items from Amazon?
Yes I have!

No, you do not need to submit a COI for products from Amazon. You only need a COI if you hired someone from Amazon to bring it into your door and assemble it.

I just purchased a large tv stand from Amazon and they just leave the packages in the mail room. Then, the mailroom provides you with a cart similar to the ones that hotels give you to put your luggage. You can take the regular elevator with it.

If by chance it’s too big, you’ll just have to reserve the service elevator

Old 05-08-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Hi Ispynyc! Have you moved in? How has it been moving stuff to the apartment? Did you need to book the elevator and submit a COI even for big items from Amazon?
The moving process has been fairly easy for the most part! Everyone is very helpful. I started moving things in as soon as I got my keys. I never once had to use the service elevator for any of my items either, even though they were big. As long as they fit in the cart you’ll be fine.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
The moving process has been fairly easy for the most part! Everyone is very helpful. I started moving things in as soon as I got my keys. I never once had to use the service elevator for any of my items either, even though they were big. As long as they fit in the cart you’ll be fine.
Great info; but does this mean that if you purchase something that will be assembled by the seller, you need permission?

Old 05-08-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
Great info; but does this mean that if you purchase something that will be assembled by the seller, you need permission?
You don’t need permission for them to have someone assemble something in your home. However, let’s say you buy a sofa from a company like Bob’s Furniture. You pay extra for them to deliver it to your front door and assemble it inside, you will have to ask Bob’s to fill out a COI.

The COI is to reserve the service elevator and to make sure that if Bob’s damages lets say a light bulb in the service elevator that they are required to pay for it. The COI is there just to protect 3Eleven and the moving company.

Old 05-08-2023, 05:26 PM

72 posts, read 78,781 times
Thank you all! Still waiting to hear back on lease signing, but I’ve officially been approved and accepted the unit through HC.

… also the HC notification listed my unit as 581 sq ft. There’s no way, unless its all in the bathroom and closet Lol

Last edited by AriNYC; 05-08-2023 at 05:35 PM..

Old 05-09-2023, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
You don’t need permission for them to have someone assemble something in your home. However, let’s say you buy a sofa from a company like Bob’s Furniture. You pay extra for them to deliver it to your front door and assemble it inside, you will have to ask Bob’s to fill out a COI.

The COI is to reserve the service elevator and to make sure that if Bob’s damages lets say a light bulb in the service elevator that they are required to pay for it. The COI is there just to protect 3Eleven and the moving company.
Thank you. I thought so, I just wanted to confirm. I truly appreciate it

Old 05-09-2023, 06:43 AM

126 posts, read 214,345 times
Would love to get anyone who recently got called or moved further on in the process to update on our link! Would be really helpful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

Old 05-09-2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Thank you all! Still waiting to hear back on lease signing, but I’ve officially been approved and accepted the unit through HC.

… also the HC notification listed my unit as 581 sq ft. There’s no way, unless its all in the bathroom and closet Lol
Developers and builders measure square footage from wall to wall, sometimes you lose footage because a column that takes space is counted if there is space that reaches the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery