Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2023, 08:37 AM

522 posts, read 506,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
There is no form for this. What they want is a written statement from you stating your last day of employment and it MUST be notarized
I did this for a different building and they also accepted a letter from the employer that is recent, so if you reach out and ask your old company that was accepted for me by HPD in place of a notary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 11:16 AM

3,134 posts, read 2,729,934 times
Yes, I had to do this for one place I hadn't worked at for ~1.5 years. They accepted a letter from that employer.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:53 AM

44 posts, read 44,074 times
hey all, my file was sent over to HPD today. things are still chugging along it seems

Old 06-02-2023, 10:16 PM

59 posts, read 64,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqa5164 View Post
hey all, my file was sent over to HPD today. things are still chugging along it seems
Congratulations. Could tell us your log number and whether it is CB, or not CB? If you don’t mind.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:23 AM

250 posts, read 220,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqa5164 View Post
Hello everyone! So the 42 floor rooftop is not complete yet, the pool is open, the lounges and coworking space is open, the fitness center is open (and very impressive, it’s open 24 hours). the agent i spoke to said he’s been seeing turnaround in about 30 or 60 days depending on HPD.

the reason i thought it was a mobility unit is because there was a peephole at the same level as the doorknob, the closet shelves were about waist height, there was a combo washer/dryer rather than a stackable, the shower head was adjustable to about the tub, and the fridge was a regular one with the fridge on the bottom, and the doors were pretty wide. it all seemed like it was designed for someone who could potentially be in a wheelchair.

the person i spoke to at fifth ave said it’s not listed as a mobility unit for them, but they’re going to check on it. ill be viewing another unit early next week just in case and then I will be able to choose between the 2.

this unit faced towards the center (so towards the other building) and let me tell you, the view of the river was still fantastic. the lighting was great, the space was great the closets were big, the elevators are SO quiet. everything in the unit seemed to be built out of really good quality materials. i’m thoroughly impressed with the building.

ALSO, if you have pets and are afraid to open the windows (they don’t have screens for them) there are little vents on the side that you can open and still get in fresh air!

i’m 1br 100% AMI. they offered me either the studio or 1br so there seems to be some of both left!
Some info is in here

Last edited by Denellis; 06-03-2023 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Adding

Old 06-03-2023, 08:33 PM

82 posts, read 72,562 times
I'm log # 9XXX and CB and I just heard and submitted documents last week, so I'm under review, does anyone know how long it takes when you are under review and just submitted first round of documents? Also, anyone move in and how big/small are the units, good closet space etc...? any information would be so appreciated, to help make decisions.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:45 PM

105 posts, read 88,565 times
At this rate I’m wondering if I’m ever gonna get a unit. Non CB has it hard out here.

Old 06-04-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
At this rate I’m wondering if I’m ever gonna get a unit. Non CB has it hard out here.
This comment is so true I thought they would be up to at least in the 15000s bracket for CB preferences or at least moving on to the general population they are moving so slow

Old 06-04-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighborhood Friend View Post
I'm log # 9XXX and CB and I just heard and submitted documents last week, so I'm under review, does anyone know how long it takes when you are under review and just submitted first round of documents? Also, anyone move in and how big/small are the units, good closet space etc...? any information would be so appreciated, to help make decisions.
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your AMI and the apartment size you were selected for

Old 06-04-2023, 08:57 AM

828 posts, read 768,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denellis View Post
This comment is so true I thought they would be up to at least in the 15000s bracket for CB preferences or at least moving on to the general population they are moving so slow
Well the good news is that they are in the 9,000s with-CB, which means at least 50% of the units are still left. So maybe there's hope for someone in the 6, 7, 8,000s in non-CB.

I think.

Last edited by BPC1999; 06-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Upping my estimate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery