Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2023, 07:03 PM

504 posts, read 462,437 times

Advertisements

I don’t think they called a new batch of people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 07:25 PM

13 posts, read 16,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
I am low 2,xxx without CB as well. I reached out to Fifth Ave Committee and they told me that they are still working on the CB batch. They said that once all preferences are done, they will start with the gen population, but not yet.
you're mobility pref right

Old 06-15-2023, 04:28 AM

59 posts, read 65,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strm777 View Post
you're mobility pref right
Yes, but they offered a 1BR apartment to accommodate the preference, which I declined, I told them I needed a 2BR, since ww are 3 and my son needs his own bedroom. They told me that I had to be with the gen pop. I call them and that’s when they told me that they were still doing the CBs and other preferences. They had not reached the gen pop. So I am waiting

Old 06-15-2023, 05:10 AM

200 posts, read 220,313 times
Quote:
Yes, but they offered a 1BR apartment to accommodate the preference, which I declined, I told them I needed a 2BR, since ww are 3 and my son needs his own bedroom. They told me that I had to be with the gen pop. I call them and that’s when they told me that they were still doing the CBs and other preferences. They had not reached the gen pop. So I am waiting
Appreciate your post. Can't understand though HOW you triggered their "1 bedroom offer". When did they start contacting mobility preferences?

Old 06-15-2023, 06:06 AM

59 posts, read 65,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWhatUsedToBe View Post
Appreciate your post. Can't understand though HOW you triggered their "1 bedroom offer". When did they start contacting mobility preferences?
I don’t know either.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:12 AM

30 posts, read 35,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWhatUsedToBe View Post
Hm, this is strange from how I understood how they process things. I was always under the impression they process someone by preference and see which apt size they fit regardless. The only scenario I could see this playing out is if the building has NO 2 bedroom apts that can be considered "mobility preference units" and it only has 1 bedrooms that meet this requirement. In that case, it would make sense why if you said you can only accept a 2 bedroom apt and that they would say you have to wait for the general population. I could be completely wrong, but that's the only scenario I can think of where this makes sense.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:25 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,462,201 times
Quote:
This sounds strange. I would consider calling HPD and telling them this situation, they may have advice for you or they can also reach out directly to the agency if they have done something wrong. The agencies do not always follow their own rules but they hope no one knows or that people don't push back. A phone call might be worth it. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2023, 03:24 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,741,767 times
Yes, this seems a little odd to me. The only thing I can think of is that, unlike every other preference group, mobility preference apartments aren't fungible with the other affordable units of their size. That is, they have to be fully accessible when other units are not. So if, say, the municipal employee group all qualifies for and wants two-beds, they can all get two-beds as long as there are *any* two-beds available, but only x number of each apartment size will be fully accessible and thus suitable for a mobility preference person.

Anyway, you should inquire.

Old 06-15-2023, 05:51 PM

63 posts, read 89,567 times
Quote:
Darn, so you turned down their one bedroom? You do realize now there’s no guarantee you’ll get an apartment now? Maybe you should call HPD.

Old 06-15-2023, 06:12 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,656,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
Darn, so you turned down their one bedroom? You do realize now there’s no guarantee you’ll get an apartment now? Maybe you should call HPD.
I agree. I don’t claim any mistake was made or not made. But it seems odd. The household should seek assistance.

It would be useful to know how many of the 2 bedrooms units this household qualifies for on income.

Does this disability require many and particular accommodations? Could an ordinary 2 bedroom unit be modified without extensive renovations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery