Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2023, 02:03 PM

172 posts, read 129,947 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for this news!!! I’m hoping to be contacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 02:08 PM

42 posts, read 31,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmyrichie View Post
Good news, they are starting the GP pool in 2 weeks

That's great news. It will be good to get more tenets in. How did you know this?

Old 07-24-2023, 02:30 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Question for the pros out there...

If they hit logs in the 8,000s for CB, is it generally ok to assume that they'll hit the 8000s in non-CB?

Asking for a friend who's log is 8,3xx.

I'm looking for a 'gut feel' on this, not looking for science.
Definitely not. CB is a huge advantage for those that qualify and it is not infrequent for CB folks with numbers in the 10s of thousands (20k-50K+) contacted while GP applicants are only contacted up to the hundreds (in smaller buildings) or low thousands (2-5k) in larger buildings.

Old 07-24-2023, 02:55 PM

116 posts, read 82,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Definitely not. CB is a huge advantage for those that qualify and it is not infrequent for CB folks with numbers in the 10s of thousands (20k-50K+) contacted while GP applicants are only contacted up to the hundreds (in smaller buildings) or low thousands (2-5k) in larger buildings.
Is this consider small or larger building?? Just asking

Old 07-24-2023, 03:53 PM

828 posts, read 772,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yes thanks. Of course, this makes total sense. They can jump over dozens (or hundreds) of non-CB log numbers to get to each next CB log number until CB units are filled.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:13 PM

82 posts, read 72,608 times
HI Marshmallow Bibble, I was also just submitted to HPD approval on 6/21 and waiting approval as well, it looks like it takes 2-7 business days I'm guessing. I know how frustrating it is to wait this out, believe me, I didn't sleep last night. We can't let this take over our lives, we just have to do our best, pray and hope for the best! 50% go to Community board so it's clear if they are still in CB then more than 50% of the units are still available. My housing application manager said if you are meant to get the unit you will, God works in mysterious ways and you just have to keep the faith as they say.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:16 PM

There is no way to predict this, there are too many factors, you just need to stay busy, apply for everything, create your own lotteries out there, they are everywhere people, go to the buildings to ask, look online etc... Best of luck to you all! Don't sit around and let it run your life, go out and have fun!

Old 07-24-2023, 06:22 PM

somewhat true, however, it is impossible to know if the 7,999 before you all qualify based on income, AMI, family size and credit/background check. You see how complicated this is?, people win other lotteries, peoples income go up, go down, people move, people get married, people sadly pass away... So many factors, this is not a one size fit all process FYI. You need to let go and let God because it is beyond our control who makes a unit or not, I will tell you anything is possible with lotteries like this, anytime, you just never know. Be patient, positive and grateful! Keep busy and you will be much happier when your happy time comes because you will be ready. Get ready!

Old 07-24-2023, 06:24 PM

Large high rise, about 1200 units, 20% affordable housing

Old 07-24-2023, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmyrichie View Post
Good news, they are starting the GP pool in 2 weeks
thank you so so much for he update!!! Prayers for all of us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery