Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2023, 09:23 AM

12 posts, read 14,756 times

Advertisements

They contacted me to request paperwork and almost a month later they informed me they don’t have an apartment that fits my family size. They seem not prepared to do this type of work. I file to appeal to see the verdict.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 11:54 PM

63 posts, read 89,036 times
It’s very telling that with all the CB applicants being pulled they still haven’t met their mark.

Side note:The online reviews of the building are super mixed. I see a lot of complaints about the building and the upkeep. Can those that have moved in already confirm?

Old 07-08-2023, 04:24 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
It’s very telling that with all the CB applicants being pulled they still haven’t met their mark.

Side note:The online reviews of the building are super mixed. I see a lot of complaints about the building and the upkeep. Can those that have moved in already confirm?
Not really.

Entire "affordable" or "low income" housing lottery scheme is very inefficient. Basically anyone and their mother can submit an application. Intense screening does not take place until a number is called for processing and then fun begins. This goes for both CB and GP applications.

People's situations change between time they apply for lottery and are called. Some either never lived in CB and or have moved out. In either of those cases you'll still have those who try and run game to keep their application alive.

Some people have all their stuff together and can respond to any request for further documentation or provide explanations just like *that*. With others it's either like pulling teeth or a waiting game while they get themselves together.

In end it is what it is for both CB and GP; it's not over until something triggers can application is "closed" so process can move onto someone else. Sometimes one has to kiss a whole lot of frogs before finding a prince.

Old 07-08-2023, 06:09 AM

59 posts, read 64,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
All the bad reviews you see are very true. I’m grateful to be living here, but there’s a lot of negatives
Thank you for the info. Can you please tell us where you find the comments for the building?

Old 07-08-2023, 06:20 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
Thank you for the info. Can you please tell us where you find the comments for the building?

See: https://www.google.com/search?client...d266caa659b0,1,,,,

Old 07-08-2023, 06:29 AM

41 posts, read 43,491 times
Personally i have no problems with the building and living here (yet?). I’ve been here roughly for a month now. The amenities are super great, esp the gym and the study area. Key fobs took a little time to work so had to make do with the regular keys. Nothing major at least for me. Neighbors have been nice so far. The mailing room where they deliver packages is undermanned so not sure how that’s going to go when more people start moving in or during the holidays.

Amenities management left bagels in our doorstep with a sweet note that said “welcome home”. I wonder if that’s standard for them to do for all residents who have moved in. In any case it was really nice.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:43 AM

41 posts, read 43,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Welcome to the building!!! I received the same bagels. Did you sign up for the amenities? Did you also join the group chat for all the residents? There’s a chat where we all discuss things within the building and just general chatting on WhatsApp. Let me know if you’d like to be added if you’re not already!
Thank you!! It’s been great! Yes i signed up for the amenities and the WhatsApp! Love that there’s a group where neighbors can voice out their concerns and also be informed! Thank you for asking ♥️

Old 07-08-2023, 07:04 PM

24 posts, read 22,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmyrichie View Post
Log 80xx
40 or 60 ami
1 bedroom
No preference

So I contacted fifth Ave committee to see if I could receive any information regarding when they are going to start batching for the general pool

The first associate I spoke with, a Male told me that they are currently still batching for CB and have not pulled log numbers or contacted anyone for the general pool as of yet,

Next(yesterday) I spoke with a woman who flat out told me “your log number wasn’t selected for further processing so you won’t have a chance to move forward with moving in” I was a bit confused as to how if they are still pulling & contacting numbers from CB & are in the 11 & 12 thousands at that so she told me HPD randomly selected log numbers & sent them to fifth ave committee & they are contacting those people starting with CB & other preferences and my number wasn’t 1 of those numbers

So I called HPD today to get clarification & was told 601 w 29th are still dealing with CB and haven’t selected or pulled numbers for the general pool as of yet & HPD selects numbers to send to the development in log number ORDER, not randomized, so my number could still be pulled

I relayed the message to the same FAC employee who told me I wouldn’t be moving forward Now she told me she would have her manager contact me for the confusion

Seems confusing that 2 FAC employees have 2 different stories so hopefully this could get situated
I pray I get this apartment
**** Can you please give me the number you called HPD and Fifth because I believe the lady that spoke with me is very misinformed.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:03 AM

50 posts, read 47,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
I don’t know either.
Do you know if there are still mobility units left? Do you have a contact number you could share?

Old 07-10-2023, 08:07 AM

50 posts, read 47,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I agree. I don’t claim any mistake was made or not made. But it seems odd. The household should seek assistance.

It would be useful to know how many of the 2 bedrooms units this household qualifies for on income.

Does this disability require many and particular accommodations? Could an ordinary 2 bedroom unit be modified without extensive renovations?
The assigned the 1 bedroom most likely bc they don’t have 2 bedrooms mobility units. I was in the same situation at 50 Nevins where I had to turn down studio as those were the only mobility units in the building and the remaining 2 bedrooms were taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery