Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 07:09 AM

30 posts, read 31,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Hey! Congrats! I got this layout as well and moving in soon! I’m having a hard time with the layout cos it seems to be like a studio more than a one bed. Lol but planning to put a thin and long island in front of the kitchen area. Did they ask you to accept/reject your unit?
OMG now that you said that, I'm thinking of the 1br I saw (and I saw a studio prior to that) and its definitely the same layout as the studio!! I feel like the 1br was prob about 5ft larger in width (adding the br and lr together)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 07:21 AM

24 posts, read 22,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala land View Post
Breaking the lease will not be allowed neither will transferring, but every management is different. Just Ask the agent that is working with you all these questions also see if there is an option to sublet. The apt im in now does not allow lease break or transferring but it does allow subletting... according to my lease now, my apt will still have to be my prime residency. If a studio is really not suitable for you, wait for the new building . But definitely ask first!!
I am still waiting for the final HPD approval, If I could wait for the next building I would but unfortunately, I need a place right now. but like a friend of mine use to say I will worry once I cross this bridge

thank you for answering me.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:41 AM

229 posts, read 242,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denellis View Post
Hopefully they are more in your AMI or maybe they just said that because they want them to choose the studios
Thanks- will contact them to find out.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:00 AM

44 posts, read 44,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faby22 View Post
same here, but I am not very happy as they only have studios available.

I wonder if a accept the studio and the other tower call me for a 1 or two bedroom which is what I need, can I break the contract or try to negotiate?
when did they say they were out of 1 bedrooms? what AMI are you? also, you said you are not CB but i think they are only processing CB applications right now. Do you have other preferences?

Last edited by nqa5164; 05-03-2023 at 08:53 AM..

Old 05-03-2023, 08:21 AM

254 posts, read 226,939 times
Quote:
haha! I knew it lol... thanks for the info! and thanks for letting me know if you are allowed to go in before move in date. Im still waiting for final review, and hoping they will allow me to move in by mid oct (my lease is up end of Oct) again Congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqa5164 View Post
when did they say they were out of 1 bedrooms? what AMI are you? also, I'm confused because you said you are not CB but i think they are only processing CB applications right now. Do you have other preferences?
Maybe @faby22 have one of the other preferences and doesn’t realize because they are not on GP as yet

Old 05-03-2023, 10:12 AM

30 posts, read 35,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denellis View Post
Maybe @faby22 have one of the other preferences and doesn’t realize because they are not on GP as yet
I'm also confused by this, as I have MP preference and am 7xx and have not been called. I also believe 50% of the units are for CB, not all. So maybe they have already filled up the CB preference 1 BR apts for this AMI and then the other 50% will be GP? What's also confusing is according to the breakdown, there were way more 1 BRs than studios.

Anyone who was already called who spoke to the Fifth Ave Committee able to ask them info on if they are still just processing CB?

Old 05-03-2023, 10:46 AM

41 posts, read 43,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
No problem! I have a Queen, but it’s a platform/storage bed so a little larger (96x66). It barely fits in my current space length wise so, I’m not surprised it didn’t fit here.

Yes, I want to use that area as a drop zone to some extent… I need somewhere to take my shoes off as well. My current table is 50x41 and was measuring too large. I think a round table and bench seating would be the solve for that area… maybe some floating shelves above, but that fuse box is in the way.

Ah, got it. You're right - a round table would also make it work. I have such bad spatial awareness I really felt like the 1bed was so small haha. Nonetheless I accepted the unit because it's still very much workable. The amenities are also so great. I'm 100% AMI and paying $112.50 for amenities. Do you think you can estimate how big the whole apartment is in terms of square feet? Do you think it's more than 500sqft? Sorry for so many questions!

Old 05-03-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
OMG now that you said that, I'm thinking of the 1br I saw (and I saw a studio prior to that) and its definitely the same layout as the studio!! I feel like the 1br was prob about 5ft larger in width (adding the br and lr together)
Right? And seeing the other market rate units - i don't think they even offer the same layout for them :P Not complaining at all but I really have to strategize on the space! I didn't get the chance to read all stuff in the thread but did you also get a 1bed in the same layout, or the one with the island?

Old 05-03-2023, 10:53 AM

Also wanted to ask to those who have already moved in - which renter's insurance policy and company did you get? They're requiring $300,000 for basic liability coverage.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:04 AM

72 posts, read 78,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Ah, got it. You're right - a round table would also make it work. I have such bad spatial awareness I really felt like the 1bed was so small haha. Nonetheless I accepted the unit because it's still very much workable. The amenities are also so great. I'm 100% AMI and paying $112.50 for amenities. Do you think you can estimate how big the whole apartment is in terms of square feet? Do you think it's more than 500sqft? Sorry for so many questions!
I think it’s just under 500 sq ft…. Maybe like 460. It’s just the layout that makes it seem smaller, especially when looking in because of the “alcove” space that you can’t really see.

I asked for a floor plan, but they said there isn’t one for my floor yet for some reason… I’m thinking they just don’t have one for the layout though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery