Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 03:19 PM

301 posts, read 215,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yj17 View Post
Oh okay. They recently emailed me back for 40% AMI apartments to submit documents but haven't heard anything back since I submitted. I wanna assume it's because of the holiday. I'm hoping they reach out to me this week. My lease is pretty much up and I don't wanna renew it until I get some kind of idea if I approved or not
The person on the phone did mention that they had 40% AMI units available. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 09:30 AM

6 posts, read 2,099 times
Does anyone have any updates?

I received an email around December 2023 asking me to upload the documents on HC, the email mentions that they have 2 units for 40% studio and 2 units for 40% 1 bedroom. This is the first time I have received a notification telling me to submit documents, so I am really excited but also nervous. And then last week, they asked me to give them more documents, like explaining my bank deposits, and some other missing documents.

Am I just waiting for them to contact me again now? Like where I am in this process? and what can I do?

Old 01-16-2024, 10:31 AM

13 posts, read 6,801 times
hi all, has anyone been contacted about this building? I am currently in a shelter along with being apart of the HASA Program in NYC. I am not working at the moment and my new role is set to begin in mid-February. I'm trying to continue to think positive about getting into an apartment.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:34 PM

13 posts, read 5,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay88888 View Post
Does anyone have any updates?

I received an email around December 2023 asking me to upload the documents on HC, the email mentions that they have 2 units for 40% studio and 2 units for 40% 1 bedroom. This is the first time I have received a notification telling me to submit documents, so I am really excited but also nervous. And then last week, they asked me to give them more documents, like explaining my bank deposits, and some other missing documents.

Am I just waiting for them to contact me again now? Like where I am in this process? and what can I do?
Hey, I received an email as well to submit documents but I haven't heard from them after that. Do you mind sharing the first number of your log number so I can have an idea what log number they're up too. I think once they confirm your documents though, they'll ask you to view the apartment, however im not sure how long that will take. This is my first time getting asked to submit documents, but they never asked me to submit additional documents.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:58 PM

Is everyone getting emails in the 40% ami?

Old 01-16-2024, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg713 View Post
Is everyone getting emails in the 40% ami?
yeah, that's what I got

Old 01-16-2024, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Hey, I received an email as well to submit documents but I haven't heard from them after that. Do you mind sharing the first number of your log number so I can have an idea what log number they're up too. I think once they confirm your documents though, they'll ask you to view the apartment, however im not sure how long that will take. This is my first time getting asked to submit documents, but they never asked me to submit additional documents.
My log# is 1XX. This is the first time I've gone this far, and the waiting makes me anxious.

Old 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM

Yeah, I understand, I feel like the waiting process is extremely longer than it should be. And they don't really keep you updated either. When they asked you to submit additional documents, did they email you or it showed up on the housing connect site?

Old 01-17-2024, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I understand, I feel like the waiting process is extremely longer than it should be. And they don't really keep you updated either. When they asked you to submit additional documents, did they email you or it showed up on the housing connect site?
They email me.

Old 01-17-2024, 08:37 AM

It’s crazy, my application has been pending for over a year after submitting documents. Hopefully the 40% ami moves a lot faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery