Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 9,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Log numbers list in general so you very well could have people in front of you not in the same AMI, If you are 120 it's highly unlikely since there is not one available right now and only 1 for the whole lottery so they would have to move. If you are in the other ones you likely have a chance if its on the lower end of double digits. They also could contact you up to a year after if something opens up.
My log number is 1x. I applied in the 60% and there are 4 units available. Last week they asked me to submit documents. I keep hearing that submitting documents is not a guarantee so I don’t want to get my hopes up. Does everyone who has a log number submit documents?

Also I’m stalking the availability the building is posting at MR, are those the same apartments in the lottery ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Log numbers list in general so you very well could have people in front of you not in the same AMI, If you are 120 it's highly unlikely since there is not one available right now and only 1 for the whole lottery so they would have to move. If you are in the other ones you likely have a chance if its on the lower end of double digits. They also could contact you up to a year after if something opens up.
My log number is 1x. I applied in the 60% and there are 4 units available. Last week they asked me to submit documents. I keep hearing that submitting documents is not a guarantee so I don’t want to get my hopes up. Does everyone who has a log number submit documents?

Also I’m stalking the availability the building is posting at MR, are those the same apartments in the lottery ??

Old 11-28-2022, 09:23 AM

524 posts, read 509,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushshae View Post

Then I would think you would have a very good chance. The lottery page says 3 1 bedrooms for 60 AMI and 1 40AMI studio, A lot of the time people don't bother to fill out their paperwork. It is not a guarantee but it's a good sign. Everyone with a log does not submit documents they do a group of logs at the same time some agencies request documents from 1000 people other work in batches of 25 it all depends on the units available and the AMI makeup of the people who qualify.

MR building listings posted are not the same as the lottery and do not correlate.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Then I would think you would have a very good chance. The lottery page says 3 1 bedrooms for 60 AMI and 1 40AMI studio, A lot of the time people don't bother to fill out their paperwork. It is not a guarantee but it's a good sign. Everyone with a log does not submit documents they do a group of logs at the same time some agencies request documents from 1000 people other work in batches of 25 it all depends on the units available and the AMI makeup of the people who qualify.

MR building listings posted are not the same as the lottery and do not correlate.
You have been such a help honestly!

I wonder how long this process will take. I’m so anxious.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:09 AM

524 posts, read 509,815 times
Quote:
You have been such a help honestly!

I wonder how long this process will take. I’m so anxious.
I get that, it's hard to say on timing you have a very low log though so it should be quicker and the building is already completed which helps. Earliest it would be is after the 2 week mark of documents being requested that you'd hear again but it's a slow process and usually takes a long time.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:00 PM

300 posts, read 213,649 times
Quote:
I get that, it's hard to say on timing you have a very low log though so it should be quicker and the building is already completed which helps. Earliest it would be is after the 2 week mark of documents being requested that you'd hear again but it's a slow process and usually takes a long time.
Hey, just curious if you have moved along at all in the application process?

Old 01-04-2023, 08:20 PM

Yes I have. I’ve submitted tons of documents and now it’s a waiting game. I’m told I should get a unit, but I’m also told there are no guarantees. Fingers-crossed!

Old 01-04-2023, 09:22 PM

300 posts, read 213,649 times
Quote:
Yes I have. I’ve submitted tons of documents and now it’s a waiting game. I’m told I should get a unit, but I’m also told there are no guarantees. Fingers-crossed!
They really seem to be moving slow with this. I hope you get a unit!

Old 01-05-2023, 06:20 AM

Wow thank you

Old 01-05-2023, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg713 View Post
They really seem to be moving slow with this. I hope you get a unit!

I thought I was being anxious. I’m going to email my agent later to ask for a update. I hope I move along in this process soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery